Started on: 11-30-2009 11:18 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: turboguy327 on 12-05-2009 03:09 PM
turboguy327

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2009 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post
I have a computer running XP SP3. When I watch a youtube video or any video that opens in the browser and close the video before its over the audio keeps playing until the video is over no matter what I do. I can close the tab or the entire screen and it will keep playing. And sometimes when I right click to copy and paste the screen does a weird movement like when you first open up a new tab and after it does that right click will not work on a browser unless I close them all out and restart the browsers. I downloaded a fresh copy of firefox and still does it. The right click thing is random. Sometimes it will work all day and sometimes it happens first thing I get on the computer. The video thing always happens. Any ideas?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2009 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by turboguy327:

Any ideas?

Yes, Check what else is running on your machine.

Use Process Explorer. link:
http://technet.microsoft.co...ernals/bb896653.aspx

Try booting in safe mode (w/ networking). See if it happens.

See if it happens in another account.

See if it happens with Chrome.

I've seen the "right click issue" caused by a poorly written app. It lso killed the cut-and paste keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl+c, ctrl+v)

Seen the "keeps playing" caused by a browser helper (that didn't help ) But it would only do it in IE, not FF. I HAVE seen it on a Mac, but it would only play a few extra seconds of the video (not the whole thing.)

Did you have any recent 'updates'?

Oh, you wouldn't happen to have a squirrel randomly swing across the screen, right?

Interested in a different approach? Try watching THIS video, it's a different move you could try... relaxation via kinetic elimination. Might be more effective if you have the proper attire, not sure...

Do you use any 'funky' apps (old games, utilites, things that map the keyboard, or animal pron?)

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 11-30-2009).]

rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Ive had that happen a few times. I just pause the video, then 'x' the page off and its gone.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Try watching THIS video, it's a different move you could try... relaxation via kinetic elimination. Might be more effective if you have the proper attire, not sure...

One of my favorite fixes ever.

On a different note.

It sounds to me like you have an extra application running. If the exorcist and holy water doesn't work (please do not put any water on your computer), I would try a few different programs.

Start with Adaware and run it,

Then get Spybot S&D and run it,

and then download Ccleanerand run it.

What browser are you using? I don't care for Internet Explorer, though I don't fault anyone for using it. I recommend firefox.

I have a few walkthroughs here Man I just need to give Rumor the user/pass to this site so he can do something with it...Something Manly, something involving Squirrels. Why did they cancel Drawn together?

Brad
Doug85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post
Uninstall Adobe Flash, then go here and install a fresh version of Flash. Hopefully that fixes your problems.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doug85GT:

Uninstall Adobe Flash, then go here and install a fresh version of Flash. Hopefully that fixes your problems.

In no way do I see that as "Weird computer help"

You a wise guy?

LOL

Brad
turboguy327

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post
I have a fresh copy of firefox installed. It doesnt show anything other than what I have open. I will try some of those sites you guys put up and see what happens. Rumor you are right. It kills to keyboard copy and paste to unless I try it 5 or 6 times and then it works.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
It's probably an audio codec not shutting down properly (or not receiving the command to shut down). If you use something like ffdshow or AC3Filter or any other audio filter, try reinstalling that.
turboguy327

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post
Actually there is a ton of crap running that I have no idea about when I use the process viewer that rumor posted.

That is a screen shot of the window. I have no idea what most of that stuff is. +'s all around
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by turboguy327:

Actually there is a ton of crap running that I have no idea about when I use the process viewer that rumor posted.

I don't see anything out of the ordinary. Seriously, audio that keeps playing is almost certainly not caused by malware.
turboguy327

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2009 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post
So any ideas on what can be done to fix it?? Its gets very annoying having to restart my pc all the time.
PFF
System Bot
turboguy327

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2009 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post

turboguy327

1692 posts
Member since Feb 2007

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

It's probably an audio codec not shutting down properly (or not receiving the command to shut down). If you use something like ffdshow or AC3Filter or any other audio filter, try reinstalling that.

That I know of I dont use any audio filters. Just watch videos on youtube or whatever. Happens even when a youtube video is embedded in pennocks and I watch it. I close the tab or screen and it keeps playing. And the copy and paste thing is really driving me nuts. It wont pick up the new thing I want to copy and just keeps pasting the last thing that copy and pasted correctly.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock