Started on: 10-01-2009 10:06 PM
Replies: 37
Last post by: madcurl on 10-03-2009 11:10 PM
turboguy327

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post

He got a free jack at least. lol. I guess the OEM wheels are over 1200 each. Stayed at his girls place and lost his wheels. e
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hklvette

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hklvetteSend a Private Message to hklvetteDirect Link to This Post
no locks? I know they're not perfect, but at 1200 apiece, I'd have 5 different lock types of different outer diameters to deter thievery.
brandon87gt

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brandon87gtSend a Private Message to brandon87gtDirect Link to This Post
Looks like no keyed lugnuts?
FieroFury33

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-01-2009 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFury33Send a Private Message to FieroFury33Direct Link to This Post
been there done that

[This message has been edited by FieroFury33 (edited 10-01-2009).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post10-01-2009 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
Not much of an alarm system either, it seems.
FieroFury33

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-01-2009 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFury33Send a Private Message to FieroFury33Direct Link to This Post
too much inf.

DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post
I donno man. I could never do that. I can not take anything the does not belong to me. Let alone something so personal as someone car. I am glad you have turned your life around, but I cant understand how someone could go down the road in the first place. I just don't think I could ever get over the guilt.

[This message has been edited by DeLorean00 (edited 10-01-2009).]

Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DeLorean00:

I just don't think I could ever get over the guilt.

You have to have guilt to get over. I would say guilt is on short supply for the people who do this kind of stuff.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

You have to have guilt to get over. I would say guilt is on short supply for the people who do this kind of stuff.

Interesting point. I guess I just feel the guilt is something that is pre-programed into us as humans, but apparently not.
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
I think that the worst part is knowing the funky policy Nissan has about the GTR.. It probably voided the warranty. -.-
FieroFury33

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-01-2009 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFury33Send a Private Message to FieroFury33Direct Link to This Post
It was when i was young and going through a rough time, but that was in the 90s. Came a long way since

PFF
System Bot
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroFury33:

It was when i was young and going through a rough time, but that was in the 90s. Came a long way since

If you don't mind me asking were drugs involved in your life? Or was it just a lack of respect for your fellow man?

Coming from a working family that just barely got by. I understood how much it took for someone to be able buy the things they want. Although I could be jealous at times, I never wanted to take something they earned.

1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
It hurts seeing that car sitting on the front driver rotor. Ugh. Hate car thieves.
AJ7

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJ7Send a Private Message to AJ7Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by hklvette:

no locks? I know they're not perfect, but at 1200 apiece, I'd have 5 different lock types of different outer diameters to deter thievery.

wouldn't matter if someone was ready for them, I forget what they are called... kind of like an easy out but its a socket for rounded off nuts/bolts etc.. used it on a car I had before that I didn't have the key for.
Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AJ7:

wouldn't matter if someone was ready for them, I forget what they are called... kind of like an easy out but its a socket for rounded off nuts/bolts etc.. used it on a car I had before that I didn't have the key for.

Gator Grips.
turboguy327

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post
locks are soo easy to get rid off. Just take a 12 point that barely fits and beat it a lil bit. I always keep a couple craftsman 12 points in a couple sizes for doing just that when a car come in and the owner doesnt know where the key is. But he didnt have locks. Mommy and Daddy bought it for him so he doesnt care. He just lives and enjoys life. But in the past 3 months he has opened a performance shop and actually does work. He does know his stuff and one of the few people I would trust working on my car. Unfortuneatly he has zero common sense because he was sheltered so much when he was younger. He trusts people way to much.
FieroFury33

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-01-2009 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFury33Send a Private Message to FieroFury33Direct Link to This Post
Delorean no drugs, just lack of money and that was the only way me and the crowd i was hanging with knew how to get it. We loved cars, i guess a little too much. A prison sentence and a lot of church afterwards changed me in 1999.

Have not since done anything of the sort, hope i have not lost the boards respect by sharing my story but the truth is the truth.
AJ7

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJ7Send a Private Message to AJ7Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

Gator Grips.

not those ones with the little spring loaded pins? those are crap... lol the ones I'm talking about look like an easy out on the inside of a socket.... I'll see if I can find them

guess they call them bolt outs http://www.sears.com/shc/s/...d=IDx20070921x00003a

[This message has been edited by AJ7 (edited 10-01-2009).]

N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post

Delorean no drugs, just lack of money and that was the only way me and the crowd i was hanging with knew how to get it. We loved cars, i guess a little too much. A prison sentence and a lot of church afterwards changed me in 1999.

Have not since done anything of the sort, hope i have not lost the boards respect by sharing my story but the truth is the truth.

I know more than my fair share of guys living in the slum neighborhoods who do it for a way to live. I also know some who do it just because they can. Either way, there's a way out without getting wrapped up in it to begin with - I did. But no, you've lost no respect from me. The important part is recognizing your errors and doing what you need to do in order to change your life in a positive way.

[This message has been edited by N3M3S1S (edited 10-01-2009).]

Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AJ7:

not those ones with the little spring loaded pins? those are crap... lol the ones I'm talking about look like an easy out on the inside of a socket.... I'll see if I can find them

guess they call them bolt outs http://www.sears.com/shc/s/...d=IDx20070921x00003a

Ahh, yeah, I've used those kind to. I have used those before when I was employed at a machine shop.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 10-01-2009).]

DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post

I respect you. I am sure the rest of the board does as well. Its just this is kinda of a touchy subject on a car forum.

I believe people can change, it does happen. But it takes a strong will and lots of work. Looks like you have done that.

Personally, I have had my car broken into many times.

I have had a car stolen and torched. This happened the day after Christmas, and a week after my girlfriend almost died in a horse riding accident. I was taking care of her at the time. That car was the only thing I had, and the only way I could take my girlfriend to doctor appointments.

So I think you can see the reason I have no respect for people who do these things. They never consider how they are effecting the people they do this to.

PFF
System Bot
Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

Recognizing you have erred and correcting it is admirable.
FieroFury33

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-01-2009 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFury33Send a Private Message to FieroFury33Direct Link to This Post
Thank you, and Delorean that is truly a tragic story. I hope i never hurt anyone the way you have been hurt. I thank god every day for giving me a second chance, i thank him for having a beautiful wife, two beautiful kids, a good job and now my Fiero.

To be honest i am haunted by my dreams at night of my past, maybe i dream it to remember what kind of hell i came from/ out of.

My car was stolen from the same punks that i used to run with, they did it out of spite after i quit. I have only had a car broken into once that i can remember.

The point is we all come from different backgrounds and are all joined together by the love of our little 2 seaters. This is what america is all about, people of different races and backgrounds coming together for a common goal.

Thank you all for hearing me out and my thoughts and heart go out to each and every one of you.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post

Thank you, and Delorean that is truly a tragic story. I hope i never hurt anyone the way you have been hurt. I thank god every day for giving me a second chance, i thank him for having a beautiful wife, two beautiful kids, a good job and now my Fiero.

To be honest i am haunted by my dreams at night of my past, maybe i dream it to remember what kind of hell i came from/ out of.

My car was stolen from the same punks that i used to run with, they did it out of spite after i quit. I have only had a car broken into once that i can remember.

The point is we all come from different backgrounds and are all joined together by the love of our little 2 seaters. This is what america is all about, people of different races and backgrounds coming together for a common goal.

Thank you all for hearing me out and my thoughts and heart go out to each and every one of you.

You sound like a very solid person these days. Have you ever considered counseling troubled youths? Its always good for kids to hear how the path they are on can turn out, and that there is more out there then crime.

I'm sure I came off as very jaded. And to be honest I am. But its not directed at you, it directed at the people who live this life style.

Treat people the way you want to be treated, period. (it really helps you sleep at night).

-Chris

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2009 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
So, whats the problem? It's just a fancy Dotson, looks like a new 240Z?
turboguy327

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2009 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post
lol. yea. But the GTR has a price tag of about 80k stock. This one has had a visit to AMS for some work. And the trans still works too so thats a plus. Not many are left with working transmissions. Launch control. lol
red84sematt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2009 02:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for red84semattSend a Private Message to red84semattDirect Link to This Post
hmm i hate theives but that car looks better without the wheels to me. not a big fan of that car i guess.

but i hate theives. i like to think of the rule, theives should be hung. i don't feel too good about someone who takes what others have worked for.

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2009 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
If that were me, and I ever caught who did it, those would be the most expensive rims they ever stole. They would be selling their lives for them.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2009 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
A GTR rolled over a few blocks away from a 100+ car carshow here in michigan that I went to last week.

Was pretty fail.. some rich kid had it and just totaled it on a 25mph park road.
turboguy327

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2009 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post
I have no idea how you would roll this car. He regularly corners at .98 to 1.0 G's. There is a G-meter in the car. He has been through about 4 sets of tires already and he has only had it since begining of last winter.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2009 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
quick turn and catching the lip of the road or curb... doesn't take much to roll a car if you stop the wheel from sliding.
PFF
System Bot
turboguy327

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2009 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post
True. But this car has a complete onboard babysitter. Unless he had launch control on. Which is really dumb. But paying over 80k on a nissan isnt the brightest thing to do anyway.
crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2009 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
If they were smart theives they should have taken the brakes too. They are wirth a mint themselves.

It's going to be hard to flip a set of GTR rims after that pic has been all over the internet.
User00013170

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post10-03-2009 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by DeLorean00:

Interesting point. I guess I just feel the guilt is something that is pre-programed into us as humans, but apparently not.

Guilt is relative...

But i agree with the other posts above: No locks?!!? Sure you can get around them with a nut splitter, but it slows them way down and they might get caught 1/2 thru.
User00013170

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post10-03-2009 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

User00013170

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by crzyone:

If they were smart theives they should have taken the brakes too. They are wirth a mint themselves.

It's going to be hard to flip a set of GTR rims after that pic has been all over the internet.

I doubt it will be that hard. 1 - not everyone looks at everything on the 'net.. 2 - some don't care if they are stolen anyway "hey, they are cheap, i don't want to know where they came from"..

Are they serialized?
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 199
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2009 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
I can assure you of one thing... the people who stole these rims... they voted for Obama in the last election.

------------------
Todd,
2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4x2
2002 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr 4x2
2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX
1987 Pontiac Fiero SE / V6
1981 EZ-GO Xi875-A "Miami Dolphins" Medical Cart
1973 Volkswagen Type-2 Transporter

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2009 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by turboguy327:
He stayed at his girls place and lost his wheels.

Well, that must've been some of the best cause he sleeped right throught the whole thing.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2009 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
The next time he should park his car inside (her) garage.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock