Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Very nad way to clean a bike chain. **WARNING** Very Graphic. Blood

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Very nad way to clean a bike chain. **WARNING** Very Graphic. Blood by turboguy327
Started on: 09-29-2009 03:47 PM
Replies: 27
Last post by: grkboy707 on 10-01-2009 09:23 PM
turboguy327

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2009 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post
http://www.gixxer.com/forum...wthread.php?t=242261

Yea. Talk about learning the hard way.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IEatRice

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2009 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IEatRiceSend a Private Message to IEatRiceDirect Link to This Post
Ouch! Who cleans their chain with the bike running?
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2009 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
yuck
but, love the fact that theres 11 pages of people singing "dumbass" in unison
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2009 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

yuck
but, love the fact that theres 11 pages of people singing "dumbass" in unison

The first reply was the best. Short, sweet and to the point. I can't quote it here because of the language, but it was dead on accurate.

Jim

ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2009 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IEatRice:

Ouch! Who cleans their chain with the bike running?

I did... in the 3rd grade... I even used WD40... but I knew to keep my hands the hell away from the spinning chain!!

Also it may have been a BMX bike.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post09-29-2009 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
So, it seems we have another shop manager to deal with.

*sigh*

He will probably sue because there wasnt a warning sticker on the chain.
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2009 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
D-A-M-N !!!!!!

Not sure why he'd create a thread about it., though He must WANT to be known as that "How NOT to clean a bike chain" guy. (You KNOW this is gonna be a viral thing)

Wonder what his keyboard looks like (after posting the thread)
HNTCABC Guy(typing): "ow ow ow ow OW ow ow ow..."
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2009 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
The first comment was great! Very straight forward.
lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2009 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
ive never tried to clean anything with my nads., it just doesnt seem like a good idea.
Shananigans

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2009 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShananigansSend a Private Message to ShananigansDirect Link to This Post
You are not kidding, that was graphic. It gave me the chills looking at those pics. Could you imagine the feeling he had when his hand went around the sprocket. OUCH.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post09-29-2009 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lurker:

ive never tried to clean anything with my nads., it just doesnt seem like a good idea.

ROTFFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PHRACK, leave it to somebody on PFF to think of saying that. LMAO !!!
PFF
System Bot
Alibi

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2009 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
Wow... just... wow. I have no words to describe how stupid that was. WD 40? A rag? Engine RUNNING? No sympathy for that guy...
turboguy327

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2009 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post
I dont know why it says nad on the title?? I swear it said nasty when I hit post. Oh well.
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2009 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by turboguy327:

I dont know why it says nad on the title?? I swear it said nasty when I hit post. Oh well.

Your hand typed what your brain was protecting!
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2009 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
I just got finished eating. Thanks
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2009 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I had a friend back in the late '70s that did that. Lucky for him, his chain was stretched and he didn't lose his fingers. They were cut up badly though. At least he learned from that mistake and never did it again. If you don't respect machinery it will very easily hurt or kill you, in other words, think before you act.
Valkyrie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2009 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ValkyrieSend a Private Message to ValkyrieDirect Link to This Post
So... Where'd all the chunks of finger go? Now he's going to have problems with flesh and bone gunking up his chain and bugger up his other hand trying to clean it out.

Could you imagine though?

"Holy **** ! Where the hell are my fingers?!"
turboguy327

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2009 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post
Yea. and it twisting his arm back. Lucky he only lost what he lost. I work at a machine shop 10 hours a day and a new guy broke a tool off in the mill and replaced it. No big deal right?? It is when ya dont touch off and tell the machine it has a different size bit. We are all lucky he shut the door because that thing exploded and peices of steel where sticking out through the plexi-glass. It woke everyone up.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 199
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2009 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
I hate to poke fun, but I can't help but wonder why there are SOOOO many dumb viral threads that come from that web site? Just 2 months ago, they had a thread about some dumb kid who put three cans of NOS into his fuel tank because he thought it would make his bike run better. Anyone remember that thread?

Anyway, the one good thing to be learned from this thread is that it's really worth the effort to simply TAKE THE TIME to think about what you're going to do BEFORE you do it. Think about all the possible ramifications that can result from your actions. IE: getting under a car that's not properly supported, not wearing the proper gear while welding, grinding, etc... that includes face mask, face shield, gloves, ear muffs.

I remember another thread on another message board about a guy who was doing his own exhuast work, and was trying to use an angle grinder while underneath a car. He was on his back and the angle grinder was only a few inches from his face. The grinder caught the metal, jerked back and took a huge chunk out of his upper lip. His mouth is now permenantly deformed.

We only really get one body in this life, there's plenty of medical breakthroughs... but it only takes one stupid injury to ruin someone's self esteem. And it's not like these injuries came from a heroic battle... just plain stupidity.

Anyway, I'm an idiot too... I've done PLENTY of stupid, stupid, stupid things... fortunately for me, I'm one of the few people that miraculously have dodged the bullet... I'm careful now... don't want to learn like that guy has to.

------------------
Todd,
2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4x2
2002 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr 4x2
2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX
1987 Pontiac Fiero SE / V6
1981 EZ-GO Xi875-A "Miami Dolphins" Medical Cart
1973 Volkswagen Type-2 Transporter

turboguy327

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2009 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post
Another good one from that site(cant find it now) was a guy made his own rear lights and mounted them up and couldnt figure out why his bike wouldnt work after he finished. It was doin crazy things. Well he drilled 3 holes through the ECU for the mounting bolts. lol.
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2009 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shananigans:

You are not kidding, that was graphic. It gave me the chills looking at those pics. Could you imagine the feeling he had when his hand went around the sprocket. OUCH.

Yea same here! Usually when i see "warning, graphic" i think of a pretty bad cut or something. That gave me the creeps, my right hand feels weird now, if you know what I mean.
PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2009 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by turboguy327:

Another good one from that site(cant find it now) was a guy made his own rear lights and mounted them up and couldnt figure out why his bike wouldnt work after he finished. It was doin crazy things. Well he drilled 3 holes through the ECU for the mounting bolts. lol.

Heh, I remember that one... lol

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2009 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
I hate to poke fun, but I can't help but wonder why there are SOOOO many dumb viral threads that come from that web site? Just 2 months ago, they had a thread about some dumb kid who put three cans of NOS into his fuel tank because he thought it would make his bike run better.

Don't know the site but maybe it is a Darwin's Award contestant holding pen and we have a winner.

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
Anyway, the one good thing to be learned from this thread is that it's really worth the effort to simply TAKE THE TIME to think about what you're going to do BEFORE you do it. Think about all the possible ramifications that can result from your actions. IE: getting under a car that's not properly supported, not wearing the proper gear while welding, grinding, etc... that includes face mask, face shield, gloves, ear muffs.

The above is a big part of the safety program in the oil fields, and I would suspect in many other occupations. Not just taking the time but making you put all possible risks, ramifications, and solutions to minimize the risks, down on paper and signing it. They actually have to make people do t, .
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 199
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2009 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

The above is a big part of the safety program in the oil fields, and I would suspect in many other occupations. Not just taking the time but making you put all possible risks, ramifications, and solutions to minimize the risks, down on paper and signing it. They actually have to make people do t, .

Yeah, I mean... we're all stupid from time to time... but you hope you learn from other people's mistakes. That guy now has to live with the ends of all three of his fingers missing.

------------------
Todd,
2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4x2
2002 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr 4x2
2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX
1987 Pontiac Fiero SE / V6
1981 EZ-GO Xi875-A "Miami Dolphins" Medical Cart
1973 Volkswagen Type-2 Transporter

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
Maybe they need to make a bike safety video

Like this german forklift safety video - contains fake gore, watch at your own risk... funny as hell even though its in german

Found an English Dub!

[This message has been edited by Back On Holiday (edited 10-01-2009).]

1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

Maybe they need to make a bike safety video

Like this german forklift safety video - contains fake gore, watch at your own risk... funny as hell even though its in german

Haha, WTF?
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1986 Fiero GT:
Haha, WTF?

I watched it again, that damn tune is stuck in my head!
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post
very graphic indeed.... eeeewww

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock