Started on: 09-14-2009 02:24 AM
Replies: 3
Last post by: Marvin McInnis on 09-14-2009 12:11 PM
BobadooFunk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2009 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post

Early Wednesday morning, hackers installed seven notes on the great dome’s temporary scaffolding, commenting on its close resemblance to a musical score. The notes were the first seven of Rick Astley’s “Never Gonna Give You Up.

http://tech.mit.edu/V129/N3...aphics/notehack.html

[This message has been edited by BobadooFunk (edited 09-14-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2009 03:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
If that is real, That is awesome.
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2009 04:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Good stuff, but "The Ultimate"? Hardly.

I KNOW you can come up with something better then THAT, Jerry!

Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2009 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post
I'm slightly prejudiced, but I still think the reigning "ultimate" is the elaborate CALTECH hoax that unfolded on national television during the Rose Bowl football game on January 2, 1961.

The picture above was shot by Bruce Whitehead, then a research fellow in physics at Caltech, who wasn't in on the prank but just happened to be at the Rose Bowl taking pictures with a telephoto lens ... or so he claimed. Sadly, even though it was on live TV there were no video recorders available back then except for the relatively rare, very expensive, and temperamental professional broadcast machines, so as far as I know no video of the event exists. See this link for some slightly mangled details of how it was pulled off. The full and official story can still be found in the Caltech archives, in the January, 1961 issue of Engineering and Science magazine. IMHO, the best stunts require imaginative thinking, careful planning, and precise execution.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 09-22-2009).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock