Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Whats the defacto simple Web Page / HTML editor app today.

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Whats the defacto simple Web Page / HTML editor app today. by Capt Fiero
Started on: 07-08-2009 11:07 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: User00013170 on 07-09-2009 03:06 PM
Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2009 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

First things first, let me say I don't hard code anything, I don't know my / to my \ I was using MS Front Page 2003, then upgraded to MS Web Expression.

Although I like the direction it went, I might be looking for a little bit more.

Anyone got any suggestions.

What do you use to build your websites. I am assuming at least 1/2 the people on this site have built a site or 2 in the past.

------------------
85GT Soon to be 87GT,93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2009 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Dreamweaver's good, and I remember coffeecup's product was good too...

it depends on what type of site you want. flash, non-flash, forum (php) or what have you...

Wordpress is pretty nifty too. they have a (literally) 5 minute setup, and a ga-zillion templates. some are fairly-easy to tweak....

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 07-08-2009).]

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2009 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Super simple stuff, usually single page photo sites. No flash, nothing bling bling, I could and have used MS Word to edit the sites then saved it as an HTML, however Word just doesn't handle the stuff like an actual web page authoring app.

I remember playing with Dream weaver back in the late 90's so I bet it has changed a ton since then. Word press I have heard about, but never looked into it. If its got some decent templates and allows the user a fair bit of tweaking in the end, I may give it a shot.

Over 1/2 of my photo sites are ran through Express Thumbnail Generator. Point it at a folder of photos set about 10 options, hit generate, it automatically resizes, creates gallery, HTML pages, when its done, you can literally point a browser at it and its a ready made site. I.E. this quick site for a generator station he needed to show a few pics to site managers. http://www.kamattventures.com/012609generatorMikes once its done, I quickly pop in add or change the text a bit, drag the thumbnails around a bit upload the entire folder to his site sever.

Thank you for the suggestions, I check them out.

------------------
85GT Soon to be 87GT,93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2009 04:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
I like the thumb nail generator. Going to show that to some people at work that are having a hard time displaying images and need a different way of viewing them.
Have any other image tools that work in the same way?
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2009 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Thats pretty much the standard one I use. There a few others but none that do nearly as much of a complete job as that one.

I'll send ya a PM.
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2009 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
Dreamwaver is an excellent product BUT not easy to use. Try Netobject Fusion, it's very easy. They also have a free version which I haven't used.
http://www.netobjects.com/html/essentials.html
User00013170

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post07-09-2009 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post
VI?

We use visual studio at the office. A bit overkill for what you want.

[This message has been edited by User00013170 (edited 07-09-2009).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock