Started on: 06-10-2009 09:00 AM
Replies: 35
Last post by: fierofetish on 09-06-2009 04:24 PM
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2009 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
I have two surgeries scheduled this summer.
The first one is on June 23rd and it's for my right knee. It's been smacked around too many times and I've finally had enough. The doc says a tendon is too tight and pulling the kneecap down and to the right. I'll be able to watch the operation if I want. I shouldn't be down for too long, maybe 2 weeks at the most.

The second one is for my left foot. A few years ago while riding a Goldwing when doing a Michigan left, I hit a piece of concrete. In order to stop me from falling, I slammed my foot down to push me back up. One of the joints in my foot is deformed (which I just found out) and isn't fully developed. There's nothing between most of the joint and a part is one piece. The problem is when I slammed it, it wants to seperate. What a feeling of a nerve between two bones... They will break the joint and stick a muscle between to keep the bones from healing together. If that doesn't work, they'll remove the work they did and fuse the bones. I don't have much mobility now and hopefully the first procedure will be a success. If not, the little mobility I have won't be too much loss.
This one will be on Aug 12. Enought time for the knee to heal and hopefully have enough time for rmy foot to recover before going back to work after Labor Day.

Wish me luck!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ARFiero

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2009 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroDirect Link to This Post
Good Luck. I know the surgery you are going to get for the knee. Probably a Lateral release and it's not too bad but there will be physical therapy to heal it back up (been through that one). Is that the surgery they said it would be or was it something different?.

Shelby
blackrams

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2009 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Isn't modern medical science wonderful? A hundred years ago, most of us would already be dead from something. Just think where we'll be in another hundred years.
Good luck with the surgeries.

Ron
DRA

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2009 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DRAClick Here to visit DRA's HomePageSend a Private Message to DRADirect Link to This Post
Good luck! and hope you have a quick recovery!

------------------
Dealing with failure is easy: work hard to improve. Success is also easy to handle: you've solved the wrong problem, work hard to improve.

84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2009 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Good vibes and best of luck for your upcoming surgeries.

They have come a long way in the last few years medically.

I’m walking proof of that.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2009 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
thanks, all

Originally posted by ARFiero:

Good Luck. I know the surgery you are going to get for the knee. Probably a Lateral release and it's not too bad but there will be physical therapy to heal it back up (been through that one). Is that the surgery they said it would be or was it something different?.

Shelby

Yea, it was something like that. Not looking forward the the PT but at the same time, I can't wait for it and the pain to be gone, hopefully without new pain.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2009 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:
I'll be able to watch the operation if I want.

You will be too busy watching the nurses, .
Good luck and happy healing.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2009 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

thanks, all

Yea, it was something like that. Not looking forward the the PT but at the same time, I can't wait for it and the pain to be gone, hopefully without new pain.

Master Chief John Urgayle: Pain is your friend, your ally, it will tell you when you are seriously injured, it will keep you awake and angry, and remind you to finish the job and get the hell home. But you know the best thing about pain?
Lt. Jordan O'Neil: Don't know!
Master Chief John Urgayle: It lets you know you're not dead yet!

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 06-10-2009).]

fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2009 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post
Good luck Dan!!

Lets see, right knee, left foot, you'll be a hoot to watch walk!!!

You'll come through both with flying colors!! Keep us posted!!
And do your therapy!!! Most people don't realize just how important that is!!

Dar
ARFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2009 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroDirect Link to This Post
I thought it might be that. I have had that one done and it's not too bad. Even the PT won't be horrible. That one didn't solve the problem so they went in a second time to do a more invasive procedure (hope you don't get that one). Yeah being able to go a day without the pain was a wonderful experience. Good luck man and hope for a speedy recovery.

Shelby
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2009 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogirls-mom:

Good luck Dan!!

Lets see, right knee, left foot, you'll be a hoot to watch walk!!!

Dar

Well, the pain is now so I don't know how to limp!!
PFF
System Bot
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2009 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Gokart Mozart

12143 posts
Member since Mar 2003

Originally posted by ARFiero:

I thought it might be that. I have had that one done and it's not too bad. Even the PT won't be horrible. That one didn't solve the problem so they went in a second time to do a more invasive procedure (hope you don't get that one). Yeah being able to go a day without the pain was a wonderful experience. Good luck man and hope for a speedy recovery.

Shelby

While the doc is in there he'll do a lookie-loo, hopefully not find anything else.
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2009 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Good luck, man!

Hope they both work out well for ya...it's good to take care of them as early in life as possible...
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2009 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post
Good luck!
I can well understand the pain and what you're going through.
I've been putting off the inevitable and need to go in soon for a total right knee replacement.
It's been "scoped" 3 times and opened up for some work once, but the last MRI I had 2-3 years ago showed some pretty advanced osteonecrosis, (dead bone).
I have no cartilage left in the knee, so it's down to, (dead), bone on bone when I walk.
The wife says my knee sounds like someone stepping in a bowl of potato chips when I bend it. (crrrrrrrunch) .
Life without constant pain sounds good.
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2009 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
I have a tip for you from Dr.Oz on Oprah. It will sound stupid, but if you think about it, it makes a lot of sense. In permanent marker write the words, "This one", on the knee that is to have surgery. Then on the knee that will not be touched write the words, "Not this one". This is to prevent opening the wrong knee and the mess of suing for malpractice. It sounds dumb, but worse things have happened. He was discussing this after talking to a lady that had the wrong breast removed because of a tumor. The tumor was in the other breast, and they had to go back and do the mastectomy on the correct breast.

Jim

BTW: Good luck on both surgeries.

[This message has been edited by jimbolaya (edited 06-10-2009).]

greasemonke50613

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
User Banned

Report this Post06-10-2009 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greasemonke50613Send a Private Message to greasemonke50613Direct Link to This Post
my grandmother just went under the knife for liposcopic (sp?) surgery on her right knee yesterday. she's home & walking & everything, gets to take the bandage off. the operation took 15 min, and they repaired her miniscus(sp?) . up &down steps last night and everything. you'll be fine with the first one. good luck on your foot though
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2009 05:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
Best Wishes - get lots of rest and watch lots of TV
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2009 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Had the first one today. They asked me several times which knee I was getting worked on, even twice after it was shaved. I had a spinal anethesic applied and watched some of the show on a monitor. I did get a little side effect, nausea, but it passed quick. I walked to the wheelchair, to the car and around the house. There is pain and stiffness but I'm hoping it'll go quickly. The sooner I can get up and down the stairs and drive, the better. I'll take pics in a couple days when I can remove the bandage.

Thanks again for all the well wishes!!

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 06-25-2009).]

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2009 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Gokart Mozart

12143 posts
Member since Mar 2003
Here's what I look like now

jetman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 273
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2009 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post
Oh wow, hope that you heal up fast.
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2009 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Glad the surgery went well! Good luck with your recovery! Eat lots of healthy food!

PFF
System Bot
calamityjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2009 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for calamityjaneSend a Private Message to calamityjaneDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad things went well with your knee. Hopefully the success story will continue with your left foot. Can you be awake for that one too? I like to see those surgeries on TLC.

Jane

------------------
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality

fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2009 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post
Dan, I'm glad the first surgery came out well!
I hope you heal quickly!!!

Take care!
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2009 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Well, I ended up using only 2 vicodins on the first day, just to keep the pain from happening and it really didn't, and moved to Tylenol.

The bottom left pic shows how far the cap was off. the top right shows it in it's proper place.

Took off the bandage.

I'm doing the exercises and things are improving quickly. Yesterday morning I could only put enough weight on my right leg and have my left foot just ahead of my right while walking (hope that makes sense) and by night my stride is almost normal. The main pain is on the outer edge of the upper calf.
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2009 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Hey, I'm a little late, but wishing you the best on your recoveries from both operations.

Tom
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2009 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
I appreciate all the well wishes! It won't be long before I can drive again and see some of you!
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2009 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post
Get well soon.
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2009 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
I believe the forcast is for clear skies and healthy knees.

Jim
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2009 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

PART II: LEFT FOOT

Going in today to get a joint that didn't fully separate during development chiseled apart. I have limited mobility and a bunch of pain. They'll chisel it apart, smooth it up and put a piece of muscle or fat between to keep it from reattaching.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post08-12-2009 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
I regrettably missed the first round of well-wishes Dan, but hope I can make up for that now...Both Ellie and I send our very best wishes for you to be around and about without any pain ASAP!!
God Bless
Nick and Ellie.

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 08-12-2009).]

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2009 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
This is how I've been for 2 weeks

At the docs office

I'm now in a walking boot and the doc said to start using the foot. I'm getting a sharp pain when I put more than just light weight on it but that should fade quickly.
PFF
System Bot
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2009 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Probably last update unless something happens...

taken a few minutes ago

I'm hobbling around the house without support and using the boot when I leave the house. I've been driving and was on two field trips driving a bus so I'll be able to work when school starts Tuesday. I was walking around a lot yesterday at the state fair, which might be the last year for it , and took it easy today. The pain is focused on one spot and occurs when I supinate (down and towards the center of the body) the foot, hurts when I do counter-clockwise circles. There's still tightness throughout the foot and I have exercises, one is to pick up a marble or bolt with my toes 20 times 2-3 times a day, and PT for 3 weeks. My right knee is still sore from it's surgery and all the work it's had for the past 3 weeks and will get better as it gets stronger.

Thanks for all the well wishes!!!!
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2009 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Wow!
I lost track of this.

I hope you continue to heal quickly. Looks like you haven't had too bad of a time with it.

Take care.
And try not to do the "at speed human kickstand" thing any more.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 09-06-2009).]

heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2009 06:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post

I've been driving and was on two field trips driving a bus so I'll be able to work when school starts Tuesday.

Best wishes for you being pain-free, so you can go back to seeing all the stupid things your passengers are doing. ( My wife drives a school bus. )

ARFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2009 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroDirect Link to This Post
Good job on the healing man. Keep an eye on that knee joint and watch the cap closely. I know after about 6 years mine started to hurt again and they did the second surgury. The problem you and I share is called chondromalacia and it might not stop. I don't want to be a downer but wanted to let you know to be aware and watch your knee cap. Ohhh and one other thing. have you noticed you can tell when the baro pressure outside changes by the dull throb? I know I can. Foot looks good man.

Shelby
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post09-06-2009 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
....Wow!! I averted my eyes at the photos of the kneecap, for a moment!! They looked remarkably like...welll (so I am told! )
Anyway, I feel i know you a bit better than before, Dan, after all this sharing of intimate photography!! Hahahahahaha!!
Seriously though...best wishes for continued and brisk recovery!
God Bless
Nick and Ellie.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock