Started on: 05-18-2009 12:23 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: turboguy327 on 05-18-2009 02:06 PM
turboguy327

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2009 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post
Ok so my gf and I are having an anniversary dinner tomorow night. We went out last night for dinner and when we got our food it wasnt done at all and turned her off on beef for awhile. I was planning on making some steaks for our dinner tomorow. So now I dont know what to make for us. I am not a great cook but am learning a little at a time. Trying to find something that will spice up some chicken and make it new and different. No seafood for her either. Any ideas to make some tasty chicken??
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post05-18-2009 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
They sell all kinds of spices & rubs designed for chicken at the store.

If you want to impress her but don't cook very well, this will do the job & also teach you quite a bit about cooking.
It may sound hard, but it is quite easy, but comes out quite elegant!

SIMPLE CHICKEN CORDON BLEU

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast
4 slices Swiss or Provolone cheese
4 thin sliced smoked ham
¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 egg; beaten
1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
4 tablespoons butter
½ cup chicken broth
1 cup whipping cream

Pound chicken breast to ¼-inch thickness (the butcher will do this for you also). Sprinkle each piece on both sides with salt and pepper. Place 1 cheese slice and 1 ham slice on each breast. Roll up each breast using toothpicks to secure if necessary. Dredge each in flour, shake off excess, then in egg and finally in bread crumbs. Place seam side down in baking dish that has been sprayed with Pam. Place 1 tablespoon butter on each piece of chicken. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes until juices run clear. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine broth and whipping cream; season to taste (salt, pepper, garlic, oregano). Simmer on low stirring until thickened; Pour over chicken.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 05-18-2009).]

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2009 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
For Chicken, this is a pretty simple one we like to do on occasion: http://www.foodnetwork.com/...ad-recipe/index.html (we just use store-bought casear dressing instead of making it from scratch).

How about Pork? This one is a little tougher - but it's one of the most amazing sandwiches: http://www.foodnetwork.com/...h-recipe2/index.html

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2009 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Honey Orange glazed Salmon, on the grill...

My own recipe..

Two fresh salmon filets...
3 cups of Orange Juice, 4 Tablespoons of Honey, a touch of lemon juice.

Boil the orange juice, honey and lemon in a small sauce pan until it is about 1/3rd normal volume. Baste salmon filets with sauce.

Sprinkle with a touch of salt, pepper and a tiny hint of thyme.

Grill til done, rebasting as you go.

Serve on a bed of rice pilaf, with a side of steamed broccoli.

Enjoy.
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2009 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Honey Orange glazed Salmon, on the grill...

Psst... Chris... from the original post:

Originally posted by turboguy327:

...No seafood for her either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salmon

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 05-18-2009).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post05-18-2009 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Boil the orange juice, honey and lemon in a small sauce pan until it is about 1/3rd normal volume.

Caution: Orange juice can burn.
Tastes horrable!

I would say simmer the orange juice, or boil at a slow-roll.

Would you agree, Synthesis?
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2009 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Caution: Orange juice can burn.
Tastes horrable!

I would say simmer the orange juice, or boil at a slow-roll.

Would you agree, Synthesis?

Yes, I was typing in a hurry. Simmer.
And did not see the original No Seafood post.
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2009 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post
There are a million ways to cook a chicken, most of them are good.
I always bake a whole chicken when they are on sale.

E-Z:
Buy a package of Knorr chicken gravy mix, and two bottles of any Pinot Grigio (or other white) wine .
Wash a whole chicken under cold running water.
Remove the giblets (the stuff they stuff into the bird, you won't know what to do with these treats for a while) Pat the chicken dry with clean paper towel, while telling it how delicious it will be very soon.
Using COTTON string, practice your bondage on the wings and legs, because they cook faster than the breast and thighs. Tying them close makes the chicken cook more evenly. You could skip this if you're uncomfortable, but the wings and legs will be overcooked.
Put something inside the chicken. Sliced onion, sliced bell pepper, sliced orange or lemon, even apple. This will add moisture and flavor.
Season the outside. I like adobo, but salt, pepper and just a tad of garlic powder will work fine.
Pre heat the oven to 385 degrees.
Put the bird in a pan or oven safe dish.
Put the dish on the middle rack in your oven, and reduce the temp to 350.
Check it in about an hour. If it LOOKS slightly brown and crispy and delicious on the outside, stab the thigh with a fork. If you see clear juice, its done, If the juice is pink, cook for 20 mins. more.
Serve your date another glass of chilled wine.
Put the chicken on a plate.
Open another bottle of wine.
Use some of the juice from the roasting pan, plus 1/4 cup of white wine, some water, and the chicken gravy mix to make your sauce.
You DID make rice or mashed potatoes, didn't you?
Thats where the sauce goes.
Pour more wine for your sweetie.
Cut or tear the chicken apart, serve it on a plate with rice or potatoes and gravy, and in a separate bowl serve salad from a bag you bought at the supermarket, topped with a good dressing.
Serve with some more wine.

Good luck!

This is a good one: http://www.bigoven.com/9235...-Chicken-recipe.html

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 05-18-2009).]

turboguy327

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2009 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post
Thanks guys. I really appreciate the ideas, help and advise. She usually cooks every night so I want to make a really nice dinner for her. I was just using chicken as a idea. Doesnt need to be chicken. I just always cook with steak and when she said no beef I had no idea what to make. But all great ideas. I wish she would eat seafood cuz that salmon sounds great.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock