Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  So, been getting hate phone calls all morning from a person on pennocks (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
So, been getting hate phone calls all morning from a person on pennocks by darkhorizon
Started on: 05-10-2009 11:46 AM
Replies: 73
Last post by: 2.5 on 05-13-2009 08:26 AM
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
"get off pennocks you ****"
"ill be calling you all day now"

And other profanity have been coming through my phone for the last 6 hours or so, had to turn my phone off this morning just so I could sleep....
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
Good to know they have important things to do.

I think you can call either your provider or theirs and have the number blocked.
firstfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 172
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroDirect Link to This Post
email cliff and let him know whats going. This can't and shouldn't be tolerated. Anyone that would get that crazy over something said or done on a car forum has some serious issue's.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Let me guess, Loyde (FastFieros), maybe that is why he wanted my phone number.
You could get him in trouble for making harrasing phone calls. I think there are laws against this now.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 05-10-2009).]

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
Put the phone number into google and see if a name and address come up.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

Put the phone number into google and see if a name and address come up.

he *67'd it or whatever you press to block the number, isnt there a way I can get the number though?

[This message has been edited by darkhorizon (edited 05-10-2009).]

avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Don't you have caller ID on your phone? If you don't see a number (caller blocked it) you don't answer the phone. I think *69 calls back the last person that called you.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 05-10-2009).]

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

Don't you have caller ID on your phone? If you don't see a number (caller blocked it) you don't answer the phone. I think *69 calls back the last person that called you.

thats what I thought, and t that point I would get the number if I did right?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

And other profanity have been coming through my phone for the last 6 hours or so, had to turn my phone off this morning just so I could sleep....

Does the caller slur his words and talks about going "gangster" while touting a glock and a knife in each hand?

------------------

"I drive modified Fieros- anything less would be uncivilized."

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
If its a cell phone add the ass hat to your contact list and assign a silent ringer.
You never get bothered again by the phone ringing and can delete the voice mail without listening to it.

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 05-10-2009).]

CoryFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroDirect Link to This Post
Call the police and report threatening phone calls. They will be able to tell who called and you can press charges. Also, if your phone can, record the call. (If you have voicemails, even better, save them)

PFF
System Bot
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I set my phone to silent any anon calls, but I can still answer them.

My phone DOES record, I havent used it in awhile though need to test it out.
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoryFiero:

Call the police and report threatening phone calls. They will be able to tell who called and you can press charges. Also, if your phone can, record the call. (If you have voicemails, even better, save them)

I think if you dial *57 it will trace the call regardless of whether it is blocked or not... I'm pretty sure the police are notified as well. Just tell them you're receiving harassing phone calls. Check your phone co for the star codes.
avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post

Does the caller slur his words and talks about going "gangster" while touting a glock and a knife in each hand?

That would be Lowlux, who is banned from here. I don't think he is dumb enough to stoop that low. He is more of a bark than bite person in my oppinion.
User00013170

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post05-10-2009 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Call the phone company, have them press charges. Its a simple thing to do.
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post05-10-2009 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

User00013170

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

Let me guess, Loyde (FastFieros), maybe that is why he wanted my phone number.
You could get him in trouble for making harrasing phone calls. I think there are laws against this now.

There have been laws for that for a LONG time actually.
spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post
A guy I worked with received constant calls from ex-wife. The agency ordered call blocking feature. Worked for a while till the ex started using her cell phone. No way to block those on a conventional line. Unless physical threats are being made, no one will help you. It is legal to harass if you watch your language.

[This message has been edited by spark1 (edited 05-10-2009).]

User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post05-10-2009 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by spark1:

A guy I worked with received constant calls from ex-wife. Business ordered call blocking feature. Worked for a while till the ex started using her cell phone. No way to block those on a conventional line. Unless physical threats are being made, no one will help you. It is legal to harass if you watch your language.

Nope, once you tell them to stop, it then becomes illegal.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by User00013170:

Nope, once you tell them to stop, it then becomes illegal.

Its illegal now, the guy just called and I told him to stop.
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post05-10-2009 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Need to contact your phone provider to get the ball rolling.. they can trace the line regardless of him using *67. Last time i had to do that they made me sign some sort of 'intent to sue' once they had evidence and located the person. Soon afterwards the calls stopped.

( tho of course pay-phones makes it hard to trace, but not many of those are left )
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Record it, post the recording here. Maybe someone recognizes who he is.

When someone does recognize who he is, I'm pretty sure the guy won't get any rest anymore until he unplugs his own phone.
PFF
System Bot
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
Sorry about your trouble bro. I know how it is. I made the mistake of using my real name on a local forum and of course it was political in nature and me and this leftist spat it out.

Oh man did this guy and his minions harassed me to no end. It was for a week, but it did end, but it took me to put the fear of the devil in them to stop.

Hopefully this suck dude stops. Why do these people go there? To the point of harassment.
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
Hopefully he stops at the phone harrasement when he gets caught...

Remember the internet creep that drove to the guys house and....

Get the phone company to block him, and if they find out who he is, they should block him from PFF also. what a creep.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

That would be Lowlux, who is banned from here. I don't think he is dumb enough to stoop that low. He is more of a bark than bite person in my oppinion.

If he isn't here, that means he has joined RFT. How fitting.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-10-2009).]

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
I am going to try calling and getting the number released.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
lol
isnt highschool fun

someones got a man crush
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

lol
isnt highschool fun

someones got a man crush

I think he likes hearing my voice.

I answer every so often if I see the phone light up on my desk, he doesnt even say anything now....

[This message has been edited by darkhorizon (edited 05-10-2009).]

Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
Ask him if he likes fish sticks!
spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post

Good luck! This likely varies from State to State but in Arizona you would need an order of protection from a judge to force the caller to stop. To get an order of protection you would have to feel danger of physical harm. In the example I cited above, the calls were being made to a law enforcement agency number and still they could not be stopped.

I hope your experience in Michigan will be better than what I witnessed in Arizona.
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
If you use the *69 feature to get the number 3 times, then call your phone company and state that you keep receiving harassing phone calls, they will be able to help you.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
If possible, forward his calls to someone he cares about. A wife, girlfriend, his boss..........

Ron
PFF
System Bot
Brian Lamberts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brian LambertsSend a Private Message to Brian LambertsDirect Link to This Post
Do you have his phone number? Post it here! We can call him/her and have a friendly conversation!!!!
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
dark, is he calling your cell? if he is theres a nifty trick if you have verizon, not sure how to do it, but it will "unblock" the number...

if its your house phone, theres a * code you can hit after they call, and the phone company records it, if they get several marks, the phone company will make a "pleasant" call to them basically saying if they dont stop their service will be terminated.
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:

dark, is he calling your cell? if he is theres a nifty trick if you have verizon, not sure how to do it, but it will "unblock" the number...

if its your house phone, theres a * code you can hit after they call, and the phone company records it, if they get several marks, the phone company will make a "pleasant" call to them basically saying if they dont stop their service will be terminated.

I think the code is *67 (call trace) and it reports it to the phone co, not *69(calls the # that just called you if not blocked) you have to do it at least 3 different times and after that you must call the phone co and tell them about the harassment, then they will release the # to the po-po.
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
knew it was something like that, just didnt know the exactness of it :P
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
NOT *67.
That's the one that stops YOUR number from being shown on a called party's Caller ID.

Check your local phone directory. All the codes are in the front.
smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelDirect Link to This Post
Phone company will not release the number to you.. only the police.

First call the company (ATT, Verizon, whatever), and tell them you are getting harassing calls. They will turn on "trapping" I think it is called. You then file a police report and wait for the jerk to call. Once he calls, you call verizon or ATT with the date and time of the call. They will not give the pervert's info to you. You then contact the police and they request it from verizon and take care of the rest.

I had to handle some crank calls at work. The police took care of it.. no more calls. easy-done.

worst case, change phone numbers and do not give it to Loyde, since it appears he posted it
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

That's funny! No, I think the guy your thinking of only has a thing for pontiackid86.

NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post
Just give him a -.
That'll probably scare him away for a while.
Isn't that why PFF has a rating system?

------------------

Mean People Suck

N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2009 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
Silly me. I just wanted to ask you what you're wearing! You keep hanging up. =[ Haha.

Yeah. Welcome back to highschool.. I swear it never ends.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock