Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  So who is turning all the lights on in thier house at 8:30?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

So who is turning all the lights on in thier house at 8:30? by 4-mulaGT
Started on: 03-28-2009 07:54 PM
Replies: 37
Last post by: Mickey_Moose on 03-31-2009 05:16 PM
4-mulaGT
From: Somewhere beetween raisin' hell... and saving grace. oh... and MN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2009 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4-mulaGTSend a Private Message to 4-mulaGTDirect Link to This Post

http://www.voteearth2009.org/home/

and my music...
open the fridge door...
and my heater.... (hey its 30 deg out)
unfortunately, I do not have a cake to bake.

hey, its only an hour shouldn't cost me too much

EDIT: lol right on the home page people are arguing, its not an environmentalist circle jerk!!

[This message has been edited by 4-mulaGT (edited 03-28-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
AntiKev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2009 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AntiKevClick Here to visit AntiKev's HomePageSend a Private Message to AntiKevDirect Link to This Post
We did. Screw the enviro-wackos.
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2009 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
I turned on every piece of electrical equipment I own. I even turned on the oven, and we ate out. I have six in my family. I took everyone out in the Fiero. It took me 5 trips there and five trips back. For sheets and giggles I flushed the toilet 32 times and didn't even crap once.

Jim
wikid_one

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2009 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneDirect Link to This Post
Saw this on another forum

I'm going down to unplug Grandma tonight at the ICU.

Beat that, energy hogs!

The morbid side of me finds that hilarious... assuming he is joking
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2009 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
During that hour my carbon footprint was a big as Asia.
ARFiero

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2009 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroDirect Link to This Post
During that time I fired up all 5 cars (3 V-8's and 2 V-6's) both wave runners and lit on fire 3 tires by dousing them with 6 gallons of diesel and used a zippo to ignite. Just kidding but I did cook dinner and watch TV and left most of the lights on.

Shelby
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2009 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
Every Light, computer, and TV is on, 2 space heaters on HIGH, microwave popcorn, a pot of coffee, and I'm boiling water just for the hell of it!
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2009 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
These pinkos who are turning off all their lights and lighting candles... Guess what. Burning a candle produces more CO2 than any light bulb.

LOL
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2009 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

These pinkos who are turning off all their lights and lighting candles... Guess what. Burning a candle produces more CO2 than any light bulb.

LOL

Plus, isn't the wax petroleum based?
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2009 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cooter:

That is hillarious! LOL
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2009 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
I was watching satellite with the stereo blasting, and every light on.

PFF
System Bot
AJ7

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2009 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AJ7Send a Private Message to AJ7Direct Link to This Post
what? whats going on?
proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2009 06:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post
we left the lights on aswell
the water bed heater stayed on cause it would take 3 hours to heat up again
screw them.
I can product my own electricity if i want to.
Do i did
Wolfhound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2009 06:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
The theory that satellite photos could be used to locate republican cells was proven last night.
A side bonus was collateral damage to their beer fund.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2009 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wolfhound:
A side bonus was collateral damage to their beer fund.

That's ok. Obama is gonna redistribute the beer.

Wolfhound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2009 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

That's ok. Obama is gonna redistribute the beer.

Just rebottled recycled beer !
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2009 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

It figures. The same taste as the rest of his programs.

Wolfhound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2009 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

It figures. The same taste as the rest of his programs.

LoL, Well, it was about all he could do after the previouse administration burned down the brewery.

After you comment on another thread "Don't the mudslides put them out?", I see your going to be hard to beat on a come back contest. Good one.
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2009 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post
I turned my lights off - whan I went to bed! It was after midnight though.
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2009 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post

That would be urine. Eeewww!

Jim

Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2009 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacDirect Link to This Post
the only city in whole germany that wanted to do this senceless thing is the one i life in ... Hamburg
and what happened ? right nothing i think they deactivated light in some city buildings but i dont think that normal ppl deactivated just one light

------------------
1984 Fiero Sport
1987 Fiero
1984 Fiero SE
1999 Chrysler Grand Voyager 3.3 LX LPG
*** nuclear winter cures global warming ***

PFF
System Bot
User00013170

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post03-29-2009 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post
I didn't react either way. Just acted normal.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-29-2009 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
Oh, hell ya !!

I opened the fridge, turned on every light, TV, stereo, left the water running and idled the truck just because.

Guess the enviro-nuts havent gotten the news that "global warming" is as fake as Al Gore.
hklvette

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2009 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hklvetteSend a Private Message to hklvetteDirect Link to This Post
I won't be doing anything different. Screw the greenies.
fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 158
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2009 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeDirect Link to This Post
I try to conserve energy, but only for my own economic benefit. I don't care what anyone else does, as long as they don't try to make me pay for it.

------------------
Redeem your mind from the hockshops of authority. -From John Galt's radio address

darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2009 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
Although I to left my lights on....

It would be funny if 30 years from now we look at this thread and thing "only if we didnt turn our lights on on earth day... we wouldnt be reliving the movie "waterworld" every day"
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2009 04:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

It would be funny if 30 years from now we look at this thread and thing "only if we didnt turn our lights on on earth day... we wouldnt be reliving the movie "waterworld" every day"

Read my global warming thread. You'll see that it won't happen.
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2009 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFDirect Link to This Post
I have to wonder how many people took part in the blackout that are supplied by hydro electric. Most of us around here are. Now that would be totally idiotic.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2009 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

well, even with worst case scenario - it would only have held back DOOOOOOMSDAY for an hour

Yippie......

well, not even that - being all manufacturing & all public lighting, and all commercial lighting

but, as long as there are happy weenies, I guess its all OK
loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2009 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
Hero of the left, Al Gore, apparently forgot to turn his lights off.

http://newsbusters.org/blog...dia-hyped-earth-hour

The motto of the democrats should be "Do as I say, not as I do".

[This message has been edited by loafer87gt (edited 03-30-2009).]

NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2009 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post
Wanna read what the smart kids think about your bitter little protest?
http://wonkette.com/407348/...aking#comment-276599

Your electric company thanks all of you for your generous donations.

Earth Hour called a success, environmentalists urge nations to fight climate change now

BONN, Germany (AP) — For environmental activists, the message was clear: Earth Hour was a huge success.

Now they say nations have a mandate to tackle climate change.

"The world said yes to climate action, now governments must follow," the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) said Sunday, a day after hundreds of millions of people worldwide followed its call to turn off lights for a full hour.

From an Antarctic research base and the Great Pyramids of Egypt, from the Colosseum in Rome to the Empire State building in New York, illuminated patches of the globe went dark Saturday night to highlight the threat of climate change. Time zone by time zone, nearly 4,000 cities and towns in 88 countries dimmed nonessential lights from 8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
WWF called the event, which began in Australia in 2007 and grew last year to 400 cities worldwide, "the world's first-ever global vote about the future of our planet."

The United Nations' top climate official, Yvo de Boer, called the event a clear sign that the world wants negotiators seeking a climate change agreement to set an ambitious course to fight global warming.

Talks in Bonn this week are the latest round in an effort to craft a deal to control emissions of the heat-trapping gases responsible for global warming. They are due to culminate in Copenhagen this December

"Earth Hour was probably the largest public demonstration on climate change ever," de Boer told delegates from 175 nations. "Its aim was to tell every government representative to seal a deal in Copenhagen. The world's concerned citizens have given the negotiations an additional and very clear mandate."

"Earth Hour has always been a positive campaign," said Earth Hour executive director Andy Ridley. "It's always around street parties, not street protests, it's the idea of hope, not despair. And I think that's something that's been incredibly important this year because there is so much despair around."

___

Associated Press writers around the world contributed to this report.

http://www.orlandosentinel....hour,0,4669514.story

Can you say: "left behind, again?"

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 03-31-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2009 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
Ahh, the WWF. The same libtards behind the Around the World jet tours? Much like Al Gore and his ilk, they too seem to think it is everyone's else duty to change their lifestyles while them and they high flooting liberal friends jet around the world burning more CO2 than the average joe would in his lifetime.

Anyone else find the actions of the organization incredibly hypocratic, especially after issuing this statement only months before they announced the lavish jet tours?

“We must heed the warning from the penguins, the polar bears and other sentinel species,” said Moss. “We must improve their prospects for survival and spare other species by sharply reducing greenhouse gas emissions. The rapid warming of the Arctic and portions of the Antarctic is a clear sign that our window of opportunity for solving the climate crisis is closing. ”

And how much CO2 will the organization produce as they jet through the skies to create awareness of man made climate change? "Using the carbon footprint calculator on the WWF’s own web site, the 36,800-mile trip in a Boeing 757 jet will burn about 100,000 gallons of jet fuel to produce roughly 1,231 tons of CO2 in 25 days — that’s the equivalent of putting about 1,560 SUVs on the road during those three-plus weeks and that doesn’t even include emissions related to local air, ground and water transport and other amenities."

[This message has been edited by loafer87gt (edited 03-30-2009).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2009 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:

I don't see how you figure that, considering temperatures have not gone up for over 10 years, while CO2 has risen at least 5%

Looks like folks like you are left behind, repeating bad data.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2009 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27083 posts
Member since Aug 2000
Earth Hour in California - Success or Bust? The CAISO Power graph tells the story.

"There you have it, scientific data showing that the Earth Hour was a total bust in California. If you look close, you can see a little bump up above the forecast demand, which tracked very closely with actual power consumed prior to the witching hour 8:30 to 9:30. But, it is clear that power consumption did not drop, it stayed up. Maybe all those protesters forgot to turn off the lights."

(see the power utilization graphs at the liked site)
4-mulaGT
From: Somewhere beetween raisin' hell... and saving grace. oh... and MN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2009 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 4-mulaGTSend a Private Message to 4-mulaGTDirect Link to This Post

Yes, The Left is a little behind.

Of course considering all those cities dimming were probably from the governements turning the lights off... especially since those governments would benefit from the redistribution of the US wealth that would come with GW legislation.

How about Obamas home city? I did not see one single light flicker off in this part of the US.
GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2009 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post

The "smart kids" aren't the ones who have been duped by the money grab called global warming.

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2009 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

But the smart ADULTS are not fooled. And it appears by all major accounts of actual energy usage that the whole thing was a catastrophic bust. Then again it might be hard to tell if the lights dim or not from way out on the edge of solar system, eh Uranus?

CNN: http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-236849
CAISO: http://wattsupwiththat.com/...aph-tells-the-story/
LA Times: http://latimesblogs.latimes...earth-hour-a-bu.html
Canada: http://www.ieso.ca/

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2009 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by loafer87gt:
Hero of the left, Al Gore, apparently forgot to turn his lights off.

http://newsbusters.org/blog...dia-hyped-earth-hour

The motto of the democrats should be "Do as I say, not as I do".

...knew it, Gore was only in it for the money and 5 minutes of fame that he so despartly needed after his election kerfuffle.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock