Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  What do you guys do on the cheap to kill time?? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
What do you guys do on the cheap to kill time?? by turboguy327
Started on: 03-10-2009 09:00 PM
Replies: 40
Last post by: 85sliverGT on 03-11-2009 08:05 PM
turboguy327

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post
I have been really bored lately and need something cheap to occupy my time. I play paintball when I can but most of my friends are scared to get shot. Well that and I can get about 15 balls out of my gun in the time it would take them to get 2. But anyways I need something to occupy my time. I work full time sort of (work 4 days a week and laid off for the 5th). Doesnt need to be computer related or car related. I like to waste my money on stupid crap sometimes and make stuff. I have done all the little gaming websites with the flash games and fantastic contraption but need something else.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IFLYR22

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IFLYR22Send a Private Message to IFLYR22Direct Link to This Post
Cheep + occupies time + use of hands + creative..... knit sweaters : )

J/K...
Any hobby would work. models? And you could later use them with the paint ball gun.
Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
quarter tables at the local pool hall. Me and a few buddie used to get together on tuesday nights and shoot pool for hours on end. 20 bucks could keep us going all night when we first started. After a year or so we got better and it took more money to stay late and we learned to take time and enjoy the atmosphere and people while playing.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Surf PFF.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post03-10-2009 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
Build a really intricate balsawood airplane.
Fairly cheap, takes awhile, & looks REALLY cool hanging from the ceiling, unskined!
Or R.C. it and learn to fly it!

Or, if you just want to fly, they have Electric A.R.F. (Almost Ready To Fly) kits for around $100.00 bucks that work great, are durable, and even have replacement parts for it!
Takes about 15 minutes to get ready out-of-the-box.
Very easy & forgiving to fly.
Tons of fun!

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 03-10-2009).]

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopDirect Link to This Post
Make friends at the paintball field, or start building another gun. Go buy a cheap spyder and start from there.
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post
Done all the gaming sites, like MSNgames and such?

How about MMORPG's? World of Warcraft, Vangaurd, Everquest 1 or 2, Guild Wars, Lineage 2, City of Heros or Villians and Lord of the Rings online all run about $15.00 a month or less for a 24/7 time sink. That's about the cost of a movie ticket and a large coke but gives you entertainment for 30 days anytime during the day as long as you want to sit and play.

You get to kill stuff, chat and make freinds.

I've personally played WoW, GW, EQ1 and L2. My wife has played those and EQ2 aswell. We play together as cheap entertainment.

My favorites have been EQ1 and L2 though my wife has me playing WoW with her now.

EQ1
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

GW

L2

WoW

Just to give you a idea of the different graphics and user interfaces of the ones I've played.

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopDirect Link to This Post
Forget WOW, Start learning how to fry the perfect bacon.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-10-2009 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
Free energy/ Wankel and Parndiv magnetic motors.

Can be played with for under 50 cents an hour if you get real inventive and start head-scratching and coming up with new twists.

I'm over 3 moths into my latest matrix, and the only cost so far has been thought and a free spreadsheet program from openoffice.org
DCRFiero1

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DCRFiero1Send a Private Message to DCRFiero1Direct Link to This Post
Recently I have started building models of cars I cant afford. Ferrari 599, 612, F-40, Audi R8. Its fun if you have the time.

------------------

SCCAFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCAFieroSend a Private Message to SCCAFieroDirect Link to This Post
Wow, video games have come a long way since Pong.
PFF
System Bot
fastblack

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silentassassin185:

quarter tables at the local pool hall. Me and a few buddie used to get together on tuesday nights and shoot pool for hours on end. 20 bucks could keep us going all night when we first started. After a year or so we got better and it took more money to stay late and we learned to take time and enjoy the atmosphere and people while playing.

i've been playing a LOT of pool lately. been laid off for a while now and when i'm not bored off my ace sitting in front of this computing machine i go up town and play pool almost all night. i know the guys who work at the local dive and usually all i have to do to get the table opened up is to beat one of them in 8-ball, which has been happening more and more lately either that or somebody is in there and wants to play me so they put quarters down on the table...then i just beat them...YAY!
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 06:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
Where are you guys getting all of this free time? I want some.

You're all welcome to come out and feed the horses, clean stalls, shovel manure, etc. I also need some help working on the house and mowing all summer. You could also help me work on the tractors and the Fieros...

------------------
1986 SE 350 V8

Wolfhound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 06:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Build a really intricate balsawood airplane.
Fairly cheap, takes awhile, & looks REALLY cool hanging from the ceiling, unskined!

Excellent suggestion, Boon
Building a balsa scale airplane is probably one of the most worth while things a person can do. Especially a young person.
It teaches many very valuable lessons in structure, form, organization, confidence and patients.
The list goes on.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
You can do model airplanes with any amount. Nice tissue and balsa planes can be built for a few dollars, to the RC ones that cost thousands. Cheapest time killer for me is tinkering on my cars (even just detailing), and watching tv. I also like Redbox. One is right across the street and I can get first run movies for a dollar or free ones every wednesday. Girl friends (not bff) can be cheap to just hang out with doing whatever.... If im really at a loss, I just plug in my flight simulator and practice. If your a bit of an artist, just doing pencil or charcoal drawings is cheap...no supplies.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Lay inder the car looking at stuff, checking stuff out, cleaning stuff. In the garage cleaning, waxing, touch up painting if needed. Detailing the interior.

Drawing. (haven't done that in a while I should do more.)

Reading,
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Play chess, screw.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

Play chess, screw.

Steve

In that order? Because that would mean I'd have to intentionally lose at chess... Not that I'm really good at it, but my wife doesn't even know how to play it :-/.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 03-11-2009).]

IEatRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IEatRiceSend a Private Message to IEatRiceDirect Link to This Post
LEARN

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:
In that order? Because that would mean I'd have to intentionally lose at chess... Not that I'm really good at it, but my wife doesn't even know how to play it :-/.

Bart: Well, Jim, since you are my guest and I am your host, what's your pleasure? What do you like to do?
Jim: Oh, I don't know. Play chess... screw...
Bart: [quickly] Well, let's play chess.

Quote from Blazing Saddles.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
well....toughy.....
being I am endlessly self-entertained, I have a tough time imagining having "nothing to do"

go to the Library
they have books & dvd's

and, to kill time - walk there...ride a bicycle....

here's a fun one: take the bus to the mall. one of my favorite things to do.
PFF
System Bot
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTDirect Link to This Post
Find a local U-Pull-It and hunt for Fiero parts..
maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
I dig holes in the ground.
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
Play online poker. You can play for free or very cheap (10 cent tourneys!) and if you're good, it'll eat up many, many hours of idle time. The upside is you could win a few bucks while goofing off.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I dig holes in the ground.

Got lotsa holes?
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
use one hole to fill the next. endless fun for the whole family!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
ROTFL
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
If you live near Sacramento, you could go and check up on the residents of Obamaville and see how they are doing. Mabye offer a willing ear, make new friends.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Or a sandwich.
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Augment yourself somehow. Work out. Get interested in something that'll improve your brainage and takes time.

turboguy327

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post
wow. many ideas. I didnt think I would get this kind of response. PFF never fails. I love this place.
PFF
System Bot
Nohbdy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NohbdySend a Private Message to NohbdyDirect Link to This Post
since u are turboguy, put in a twin turbo
anyway, reading/real time strategy games are where most of my free time goes, along w/ facebook and PFF.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Got lotsa holes?

No--but I have dug hundreds in the last 6 months--maybe a thousand--dunno. And I dig em deep too.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-11-2009).]

turboguy327

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post
I just finished a project with my focus. I swapped the stock 190 hp 4 banger for a 302 V8. Its a ton faster tons more fun and gets better gas milage with a carb than the stock engine. Figure that one out. lol. I had a turbo fiero and a turbo supra. Every car I have ever owned was turbo besides my ford truck and now my dodge truck. There is a ton of room for turbos under the hood but not enough money for it and I dont know if I can trust the trans with that much power. Never trusted the newer chryler transmissions. But anyway I like the ideas. Never thought of models and stuff. I have been tryin to make my own flamethrowers for the focus to get rid of tailgaters as well. But i dont really know enough to do it yet. Still learning about the electronics stuff.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

So nobody masterbates?

< the room falls deathly silent >

Sorry, I'll leave now.
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

So nobody masterbates?

< the room falls deathly silent >

Sorry, I'll leave now.

http://www.noob.us/humor/jo...one-in-the-universe/

[This message has been edited by Falcon Fiero (edited 03-11-2009).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
I don't consider that killing time----seems like a worthwhile endeavor so I didn't mention it.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

http://www.noob.us/humor/jo...one-in-the-universe/

Heh heh, that's disgusting.

As soon as I saw the heading for this thread, it made me think of an old Kids In The Hall sketch from many years ago. I almost fell out of my chair in disbelief (and laughing my head off) the first time I saw the sketch and heard...

"You know those mornings that you can't get out of bed
And you'd call in sick if you had a job?
You know those mornings when you just wanna watch TV, eat corn chips and masterbate?
"

Originally posted by maryjane:

I don't consider that killing time----seems like a worthwhile endeavor so I didn't mention it.

Yep, gotta make sure the equipment is still in working order for when "duty" calls.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 03-11-2009).]

WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post03-11-2009 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by htexans1:

If you live near Sacramento, you could go and check up on the residents of Obamaville and see how they are doing. Mabye offer a willing ear, make new friends.

Do you have any concept of how annoying it is when some idiot makes any dubious connection to make an innocent thread into a platform for their "political" views? Please learn some self control and keep your political comments to political threads. Trust me, there will be plenty of opportunities to piss and moan for the next 4 to 8 years

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nohbdy:

since u are turboguy, put in a twin turbo
anyway, reading/real time strategy games are where most of my free time goes, along w/ facebook and PFF.

OOOH, You are an ACTUAL PERSON!
(I keep seein' you snoozin' in Augworld, and I thought you were someone being clever from a different forum)

Heh.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock