Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Who wants a tall frosty mug of Auschwitz?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Who wants a tall frosty mug of Auschwitz? by Toddster
Started on: 03-09-2009 01:14 PM
Replies: 21
Last post by: Toddster on 03-10-2009 06:33 PM
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
A survey of 11-16 year olds found many think Auschwitz is a brand of beer.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,507105,00.html
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
and, the Plymouth Rock came with a 4-speed manual.....
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
Marvin McInnis

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

Make that 2%. Another 1% thought it was a kind of bread, and 10% weren't sure, but 87% got it right.
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marvin McInnis:

Make that 2%. Another 1% thought it was a kind of bread, and 10% weren't sure, but 87% got it right.

I see what you are saying but that's 20 people out of 1000. By comparison, Earth has 330 ppm of CO2 in our atmosphere, well below 1 tenth of 1% and yet we are being asked to pay bazillions to "fix it".

If one person in a thousand said it is a beer, that would be a good laugh. Two would be a funny coincidence, 20 is a problem.
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

and, the Plymouth Rock came with a 4-speed manual.....

I thought it was a 3 on the tree and a /6 (slant 6) it came with.
jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
No, that was the Dart.

My grandparents had a Dart with the push button automatic on the dash. I always had a soft spot in my heart for that car.

John Stricker

Originally posted by htexans1:

I thought it was a 3 on the tree and a /6 (slant 6) it came with.

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Direct Link to This Post
I hope none of those kids go to my school...We're one of the few in the state that have a Holocaust elective...and not just one but TWO! You can take An Introduction to the Holocaust and/or The Holocaust in Film & Literature.

~ Jen
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Fox News for this enlightening and thought provoking report!!

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

Thank you Fox News for this enlightening and thought provoking report!!

This just in:

These 20 students apparently watch MSNBC on a regular basis.

Ah well, that explains it.
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

This just in:

These 20 students apparently watch MSNBC on a regular basis.

Ah well, that explains it.

Were you the one who was railing against sensationalism in the news? This "news" story is ridiculous. Look at the headline:

"Nazi Death Camp Auschwitz Mistaken For Beer"

Further reading shows that 2% of teenagers surveyed thought Auschwitz was a beer. Lets not distort the facts or anything... 1% of the teenagers thought Auschwitz was a bread!! They should have ran with that story because it's even more preposterous! Less sensational though... Auschwitz does rhyme with Schlitz afterall.

PFF
System Bot
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

Auschwitz does rhyme with Schlitz afterall.

hmmm, Ryan defending ignorance and stupidity.

Not much of a news flash there.
GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post

I see what you are saying but that's 20 people out of 1000. By comparison, Earth has 330 ppm of CO2 in our atmosphere, well below 1 tenth of 1% and yet we are being asked to pay bazillions to "fix it".

If one person in a thousand said it is a beer, that would be a good laugh. Two would be a funny coincidence, 20 is a problem.

I'm not saying that this is a good thing. It's appalling that so many don't know history (and of course, are thus doomed to repeat it).

But really, walk around in a large crowd and take a good look at the people. If only 20 out of 1000 are morons, I'd consider that pretty good.
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GT86:
But really, walk around in a large crowd and take a good look at the people. If only 20 out of 1000 are morons, I'd consider that pretty good.

http://www.nbc.com/The_Toni...walking-1015/770948/

In 2007, only 69% of those polled could name Dick Cheney as the (then) current vice president.

[This message has been edited by ryan.hess (edited 03-09-2009).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-09-2009 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

So the reason they left them standing DID work!

"That men shall never forget."

Whoops, wait, between April and June in 1994, one million men, women, & children Tutsi were slaughtered, mostly with machettes, in the streets & in home-to-home searches, simply becouse they were Tutsi, by the Hutu majority in Rwanda in the space of 100 days, while the West turned a blind eye.

The past teaches us nothing.
We are unworthy of our own exsistence.

------------------
"I have never seen a greater monster or miracle then myself." ~Montaigne~ 1533-1592
"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal." ~Albert Einstein~ 1879-1955
"They speak of my drinking, but never my thirst." ~Scottish Proverb~

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 03-09-2009).]

GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

The past teaches us just about everything, the problem is that many people are unwilling to learn. Doesn't help that people with an agenda love to re-write history.

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-10-2009 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
Power corrupts the few, while weakness corrupts the many. Hatred, malice, rudeness, intolerance and suspicion are the fruits of weakness.
~ Eric Hoffer, in The Ordeal of Courage

Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of the loss of power.
~ John Steinbeck

Power does not corrupt men; but fools, if they get into a position of power, corrupt it.
~ George Bernard Shaw

Politicians cannot be pure, by definition. Their motives are always mixed. Ambition, power, public adulation, always figure in somehow. Means get confused with ends.
~ Robert Reich, in Locked in the Cabinet.

Unlimited power is apt to corrupt the minds of those who possess it.
~ William Pitt

Access to power must be confined to those who are not in love with it.
~ Plato

Because power corrupts, society's demands for moral authority and character increase as the importance of the position increases.
~John Adams

But if thought corrupts language, language can also corrupt thought.
~George Orwell

It is said that power corrupts, but actually it's more true that power attracts the corruptible. The sane are usually attracted by other things than power.
~David Brin

One concept corrupts and confuses the others. I am not speaking of the Evil whose limited sphere is ethics; I am speaking of the infinite.
~Jorge Luis Borges

There cannot be peaceful coexistence in the ideological realm. Peaceful coexistence corrupts.
~Jiang Qing

The danger is not that a particular class is unfit to govern. Every class is unfit to govern.
~Lord Acton

------------------
"I have never seen a greater monster or miracle then myself." ~Montaigne~ 1533-1592
"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal." ~Albert Einstein~ 1879-1955
"They speak of my drinking, but never my thirst." ~Scottish Proverb~

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 05:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
I wonder what that percentage of College students would be?

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleDirect Link to This Post

Whoops, wait, between April and June in 1994, one million men, women, & children Tutsi were slaughtered, mostly with machettes, in the streets & in home-to-home searches, simply becouse they were Tutsi, by the Hutu majority in Rwanda in the space of 100 days, while the West turned a blind eye.

Don't forget there were Canadian soldiers there! Under a UN mandate that gave them very restricted rules of engagement, but they were there!
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

did you not see Hotel Rwanda?
the explanation was quite clear: they are not even nig gers - they are africans.....
of course "The West" turned a blind eye.
$$$ rules - now, had them Hutu's threatened some cash somewhere, would have been another story....
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-10-2009 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pmbrunelle:

Don't forget there were Canadian soldiers there! Under a UN mandate that gave them very restricted rules of engagement, but they were there!

Yes, thank the Heavens, and STILL one million men, women, & children were slaughtered in the space of 100 days.
The UN should be held to answer why they waited so long & used such restrictions in preventing,................. no, preventing is the wrong word............... STOPPING AT ONCE, this massacre!
I mean, what the HELL are the UNITED NATIONS for, anyway, if not to stop stuff like exactly like THIS, the WORST KIND of stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PFF
System Bot
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Yes, thank the Heavens, and STILL one million men, women, & children were slaughtered in the space of 100 days.
The UN should be held to answer why they waited so long & used such restrictions in preventing,................. no, preventing is the wrong word............... STOPPING AT ONCE, this massacre!
I mean, what the HELL are the UNITED NATIONS for, anyway, if not to stop stuff like exactly like THIS, the WORST KIND of stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't get me started on the ineptitude and corruption of the UN! This, above all other charters, is the reason for the creation and existence of the UN. When they can't even find the time to do their primary job, keep records of their spending, or bringing charges against the theives in their midst, then the UN is an obsolete and useless entity.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock