Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  whats has been your most favirot car you have owned? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
whats has been your most favirot car you have owned? by pontiackid86
Started on: 01-26-2009 12:42 AM
Replies: 45
Last post by: turboguy327 on 01-28-2009 07:33 PM
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
ok so besides for the fiero what kinda car have you owned that has been just a real good car started up when you wanted it to reliable never givin you any major problems.

this is my baby its an winner in my book. Its a 1998 pontiac firebird and it has been the perfect little sports car. its only a 3.8 V6 but it has been a dream to own. I bought it with 30k on it about 3 years ago it now has 112k and it now is taking its 1st visit to a repair shop for an intake gasket. And thats the reason i love it so much. it has never let me down always goten me to and fro safeley very good on gas and when i say very good id say about 400 miles to a tank. and best of all it looks very sporty has eveyrthing you want for summer T tops a red and grey cloth interior and bright red exterior. safe to say when the engine that is in this vehical goes ill be replacing it with the same one i love this car. only down side to it is driving in the snow is a PITA due to no weight in the back.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
lurker

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
'63 dodge dart gt
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
My Fiero of course.

kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 04:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post
Until I get my GT done and see how that one does, I'd say for now it was my '87 Z24 hatchback and my '97 Sonoma. If I can find a good enough pic of it I'll post one. Here's the Sonoma........

[This message has been edited by kyunderdawg (edited 01-26-2009).]

red84sematt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 04:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for red84semattSend a Private Message to red84semattDirect Link to This Post
which one? i don't think ive had major problems with most of my stuff.

but if one had to win, i guess its my first truck

what a tank! 85 chevy 1500 with a redneck/mexican flatbed 350 4 barrel,400 turbo trans. thing never ever was trouble, only thing bothered me was the dauls, took a while to get them to stay tight on the manifolds.

put in a ditch on the pass. side. hit slush and slammed into a wasl doing 15mph. burnouts,cracked ujoints. never gave up just kept on going and going, i ran 100 miles on a cracked u joint before i got to replace it.

only really downside was milage, but i didn't care gas was cheap enough, but i only had a 15 gallon tank. but man put the 4 barrel to work and u were movin something. i miss that ole beast many many memories, i hated to retire her. just tune up and oil changes never needed major repair at all, ran out of gas a time or two, but all part of the adventure, i learned alot from that machine.

so cheers to our beasts,tanks, and best cars and trucks!!!!
firstfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 172
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 04:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroDirect Link to This Post
Thats a tough one. I really love my 325is but I think I love my 92 300z just a little more.
hklvette

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hklvetteSend a Private Message to hklvetteDirect Link to This Post
I'd have to say my Cherokee is my favorite. Its darn near unbreakable in stock trim, and starts every time. Only stranded my once, and it was because i did something stupid with it and broke the transmission cooler lines.
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hklvette:

I'd have to say my Cherokee is my favorite. Its darn near unbreakable in stock trim, and starts every time. Only stranded my once, and it was because i did something stupid with it and broke the transmission cooler lines.

So it didn't really leave you stranded, you abandoned it.

My favorite was my 88 Accord or my 92 Ranger. Neither stranded me except for a dead battery. If I had known more about cars then, I probably could have avoided that.

Jim
hklvette

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hklvetteSend a Private Message to hklvetteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't abandon it...I fixed it and still drive it :P
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
My Fiero is still my most favorite car of all time, it was my first car, and I still have it.

Other than that, the BEST, most reliable car I've had was a 1997 Grand Am SE Sedan with the 2.4 TwinCam and 4T60E automatic. I put over 120k miles on it, and it ran great and ALWAYS looked good... I couldn't do anything bad to it... it would take whatever I did to it, got awesome fuel economy, and ran awesome. I drove it to Virginia a few times, to Mardi Gras a couple of times, and many times to the Keys (in Florida).

My other favorite car is my 73 Volkswagen Bus.

------------------
Todd,
2006 Pontiac Solstice
2004 Volkswagen Beetle Convt. (Wife's)
2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX
1987 Pontiac Fiero SE / V6
1981 EZ-GO Xi875-A "Miami Dolphins" Medical Cart
1973 Volkswagen Type-2 Transporter
1973 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 350

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Most reliable...1980 Fairmont Wagon with 200 cu in straight 6.

Favorite, probably the horrible 68 GMC 4x4 4 speed pickup I had, I bought it in need of work, and did work on it and it was the only vehicle I took a loss on selling at the end, but looking back I really did like it alot.
PFF
System Bot
vinny

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyDirect Link to This Post
I've owned several cars. Mostly F bodys. My favorite is my 1980 Trans am. One day it will see the light of day again.

Vinny

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by vinny:

I've owned several cars. Mostly F bodys. My favorite is my 1980 Trans am. One day it will see the light of day again.

Vinny

What color, got pics?
Mytime

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MytimeSend a Private Message to MytimeDirect Link to This Post
Sometimes you just can't place your finger on what it was that made the car memorable. One of my favorite cars was a '76 Vega station wagon. Had two of them at one time. Starters would fall out, rust from stem to stern, no power, used almost as much oil as gas. I loved it!!! Still don't know why.
e30tech

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for e30techSend a Private Message to e30techDirect Link to This Post
My 94' 3000GT VR-4
85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeDirect Link to This Post
All in all My favorite vehicle would have to be my 94' Wrangler. It was fast and would crawl over anything and still get decent mileage. I put a lot of work into that thing and drove the hell outta it and everytime it would come back and ask for more. When I got it I took all of the known weak links and fixed them. It had a built 4.0 that was bored out to a 4.6 and had an avenger supercharger to top it off. Dana 44's front and rear with 4.56 gears and arb lockers. I also installed the Tranny and case from a rubicon. About that time Tera flex had just begun to market their fiberflex suspension kit and I ordered one the day I found out they were in production. With a spring over swap and this kit I had a very good suspension that enabled me to go anywhere. And in the new england countyside that is alot of going anywhere. I was out every day exploring trails and finding new ways to get from town to town without using the roads. Yeah that was my favorite vehicle before I got my fiero anyways.

crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
R32 Skyline GTR. Never get tired of driving it, and racing it is even better.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

My Fiero of course.

#011 followed by #020.

FrugalFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrugalFieroDirect Link to This Post
Without a doubt, my 1970 340 Duster.

Syme

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SymeDirect Link to This Post
Without a doubt, my '82 malibu wagon. I don't have a picture of it, but minus the cowl induction hood this was it.... damn i miss that car

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
1986 Pontiac Fiero SE - RIP 2006

Runners up
1974 Dodge Charger SE - Sold 1988
1974 Chevy Chevelle - RIP 1982
1974 Chevy Camaro - RIP 1982

PFF
System Bot
fastblack

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackDirect Link to This Post
92 Cavalier Z24, my first car i bought completely myself (my dad payed half of my REAL 1st car). cavy was a V6, 5-speed...i loved 2nd gear in that car kinda beat the hell out of it but that's what you do when you're 16 right?

------------------
1986 Fiero GT
2000 Chevrolet Blazer ZR2
2004 Saturn Ion '2'

" I guess I've learned that there's more to life than racing, but not much more."
-Paul Menard

vinny

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

What color, got pics?

Na, No pics. Nothing much to take a picture of right now. Its in a million pieces in my shop. It is a medium (I think Tahoe) blue. Last I drove it was about 10 years ago. 0.060 over 455 and custom tweed seats in navy blue with the birds monigramed in the headrests. Was neat. You could smoke the tires at anyspeed 30mph or below

Vinny

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Well, I realize you asked about favorite cars and then you said except for Fieros, that puts me into a quandry. These is my favorite vehicles, the Dodge (Cummins Powered) that just keeps on pulling and my Honda Valkyrie that I love riding and always turns heads.

Originally posted by Ron:

QUOTE]Originally posted by Ron:

[/QUOTE]

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 01-26-2009).]

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
1979 Mustang Cobra Turbo 4 cylinder-5 speed. By today's standards, it's pretty slow. But, when I bought it new, it was the best thing since sliced bread.
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
My very first Fiero, a black '88 GT, will always hold a special place in my heart, but my absolute favorite car is my 1959 Austin-Healey "Bugeye" Sprite. I can't help but to smile everytime I drive it.....it's a ball to drive and gets a lot of looks by people who have no clue what it is.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by crzyone:

R32 Skyline GTR. Never get tired of driving it, and racing it is even better.
this kid i know has one of them inhereted 500k from his father and blew it all buying new cars and **** within one yearhe still has the skyline and a silvia bot sit outside in the weather and both are DD

golden dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for golden dragonSend a Private Message to golden dragonDirect Link to This Post
don't laugh
but It was a 1993 Geo Tracker. Went on the beach never needed anything, always started. Sold It for a 93 5.0

------------------

Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
1990 Honda Civic Si hatchback. Drove it for over 10 years, 175,000 miles on one clutch and timing belt. I bought it wrecked, fixed it, it got totaled again and I fixed it again and it never gave up. Fun little car that could haul a truck load of R/C racing gear in the back and still knock down 30 MPG.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by golden dragon:

don't laugh
but It was a 1993 Geo Tracker. Went on the beach never needed anything, always started. Sold It for a 93 5.0

i dont know why but iv always wanted one of them its between that or the vehicross.
golden dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for golden dragonSend a Private Message to golden dragonDirect Link to This Post
Im looking for another Tracker right now so I dont have to drive the Fiero in
the winter. My Grand Cherokee just blew the engine.
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by golden dragon:

Im looking for another Tracker right now so I dont have to drive the Fiero in
the winter. My Grand Cherokee just blew the engine.

lol i feel for ya i drive a firebird in the snow
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post01-27-2009 06:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
Has to be either my Indy Fiero, or my 320i...........both long gone.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 01-27-2009).]

2farnorth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:

My very first Fiero, a black '88 GT, will always hold a special place in my heart, but my absolute favorite car is my 1959 Austin-Healey "Bugeye" Sprite. I can't help but to smile everytime I drive it.....it's a ball to drive and gets a lot of looks by people who have no clue what it is.

I've driven the ole Bugeye. It was a ball. My favorite driver was my 66 Sunbeam Alpine, but it of course was "miswired by Lucas". so reliability was not part of the equation.
Reliable good transportation would come down to a toss up between my 84 S10 Blazer Tahoe or my 85 Dodge D100 pickup. The Dodge would probably win since the Blazer had to have the 700R4 Trans rebuilt at 110K

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
mine in this order...

95 C4 (summer '06 - oct 21 06)
86 gold notchie 2m4 (nov 05 - sep 080
98 Blazer LT (may 07 - mar 08)
87 3500 LX9 GT (may 30th 08 - still own it, this one is staying with me [*glances outside* still icey])

------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem
Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones
My Fiero Fuel Economy
Videos of My GT
Google Videos of My GT

Racing_Master

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racing_MasterSend a Private Message to Racing_MasterDirect Link to This Post
My favorite car I owned would have to be my 1991 Camaro. was a 3.1L, and now its a 5.0L. Was not extremely reliable, but was a blast to drive when I was driving it. right now its sittin pretty in a garage waiting to be worked on again. Arg my lack of time! This is what a full time job does to you!

My most reliable car I ever have had before in my life has got to be a 1989 Volkswagen Cabriolet. All 90hp of mechanical fuel injection, good for WOT or idle, thats about all, and thats how I drove it. Beat the snot out of the car, and it always came back for more. Most problems I had with it were idle screw falling out, ball joints breaking, CV Axle breaking, and the advance vacuum line kept falling off, along with a constant valve cover oil leak. Other than those problems, the car lasted, best car I have had for $300. Oh, and I made the soft top roof out of duct tape.
Grandaddy84SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Grandaddy84SESend a Private Message to Grandaddy84SEDirect Link to This Post
1979 Chevy Monza Spyder, electric blue, 305 HO, factory 4 barrel with aluminum high rise intake, factory headers, 4 speed. The car was beautiful, handled great, lots of power, burst into flame in the parking lot at work halfway through the day, total writeoff. I wonder if I could find another? How much would that cost, divorce included?
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
My 87 GT - first Fiero I bought in 1990 and still have it. It was my year-round daily driver until 1994, when picked up a 2nd vehicle for winter driving. I've had 4 winter drivers since then.

My Indy - can't say it's my favorite - it's kinda cursed. But it sure gets lots of attention

------------------

3.4L S/C 87 GT www.fierosound.com
2002/2003/2004 World of Wheels Winner &
Multiple IASCA Stereo Award Winner
My SD4 Indy www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/096075.html

Fieronum6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fieronum6Send a Private Message to Fieronum6Direct Link to This Post
http://www.dempseybowling.c...heldodg/sheldod9.htm

this was my fav car... to bad i hated it while i had it and crushed it for scrap when i was 18 (stupid stupid)
golden dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for golden dragonSend a Private Message to golden dragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

lol i feel for ya i drive a firebird in the snow

Yep Drove my 5.0 in snow couldnt get any traction nice and fun
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay