Started on: 11-07-2008 10:22 AM
Replies: 18
Last post by: pavo_roddy on 11-07-2008 03:45 PM
pavo_roddy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
HI all

I downloaded a GIF, and would like to make this my screensaver, but how?

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Do you want it to be a Screensaver(displayed when your machine is 'idle', or a wallpaper (background image)?

What do you want the image to do?
Gecko

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post
think he wants it to be a wallpaper. Just right click on the file and select something like " set as desktop background".

As far as screensavers go, I don't know how to make them but I like this one. Kewl Clock.

http://www.wincustomize.com...nid=293&libid=40&c=1
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
HI all

Yeah, I would love this GIF as my screensaver, when the system is in idle.......

edit to add: How can you slow down a gif file?
------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

[This message has been edited by pavo_roddy (edited 11-07-2008).]

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post

pavo_roddy

4351 posts
Member since Apr 2004
HI all

I tried my pictures as the option, but I didn't see how to isolate the GIF file......

------------------
Enzo Ferrari....

Enzo Ferrari...

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Oooh, That's one of my favorite robots! What is your screen resolution? (1024x768?)
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

FieroRumor

35007 posts
Member since Dec 2001
Do you want it to transform once, loop, never, etc?
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
HI all

I believe this old CRT monitor is 800 x 600...... The gif file is small enuff to run on my screen as I had placed it as my desktop before I decided to try and make it a screensaver......

R u a macross fan? If so, then the -25 is yur favorite valk? Mine would be the -19! Hmmm, this could be good news, u on macrossworld.com? HOW ON EARTH have u seen macross frontier? I am soooooooooo tempted to buy the malaysian bootlegs, but they say in their disclaimer that it MIGHT not play on all US dvd players ...........

------------------
Enzo Ferrari....

Enzo Ferrari...

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post

pavo_roddy

4351 posts
Member since Apr 2004

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

Do you want it to transform once, loop, never, etc?

HI all

Yeah, if it could be looped that would be cool!!!! Did ya click on the file? It takes you to imageshack and then it plays for ya...... Though I think that i'd like to slow things down a lil bit.......

I just downloaded webshots desktop toolbar, and for some reason or another they won't let you play a GIF for a screensaver??

------------------
Enzo Ferrari....

Enzo Ferrari...

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
I can do this for you. I'll play around with it a bit, and get back to ya...

I'm not too heavy into the stoy line (flower of life stuff was the deepest i ever dug) But I drool over the Valks
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
HI all

HAHAHHA, sounds great! Would like to know how you did it too?

------------------
Enzo Ferrari....

Enzo Ferrari...

PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Do you want it to pause at the last frame for a little bit?

Do you want it full-screen?

I'll toss up a file in a about two hours.. (Hafta run do some stuff, then go to lunch)

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 11-07-2008).]

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

Do you want it to pause at the last frame for a little bit?

Do you want it full-screen?

I'll toss up a file in a about two hours.. (Hafta run do some stuff, then go to lunch)

HI all

Yeah, that would cool to have it pause also..... Wouldn't full screen ruin the resolution? NO worries m8, as your doin me the favor, lol!!

------------------
Enzo Ferrari....

Enzo Ferrari...

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Ok,

Here's the file : "valk.scr"

Link:
valk.scr

Save this guy to your "C:\windows\system32" folder.

Then select "valk" as the screensaver.

hitting any key or clicking the mouse exits the screensaver.

Any issues, lemme know...

-Rumor

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
HI all

Tis a freakin AWEsome screensaver!! Jus wish there was more to the action, glad you asked if I wanted it to pause too!!! Anychance you could miniterize the screen a wee bit... Like keeping the size on the screen the same size as the org.?

edit to add: Ok, first you need a file extension of .scr, host the file somewheres, then save it to the above mentioned folder? Does it matter where you host the file?

------------------
Enzo Ferrari....

Enzo Ferrari...

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
I'm kinda herding cats right now, but I'll reduce the size of the animation, and shoot you a new download...
Just keep in mind, the animation is cut off on the bottom, it might look weird in the reduced version.

The SCR is pretty much a renamed .exe. I tossed the gif into an app and saved it as a screenie. if I had more time, I'd make it all fancy with a preview video and options page, but it's just such a basic thing (an animation) it's almost overkill to do that.

The file lives in that folder, I tossed it up on the interwebs so you could get to it....

I'll work on it when I can./

Be Well.

-Rumor
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
Hi all

I know my screen res. isn't all that good, I guess it would jus be more cooler if the images weren't so fuzzy.... Esp., at the pause effect.........

I do have Win XP movie maker, would I be able to edit this all for myself..?

------------------
Enzo Ferrari....

Enzo Ferrari...

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
It's a little more complicated then just playing a movie file. (Not too much more, though)

Here's a different version (800X600 non full-screen)

valk2.scr

Save it to the same spot, and select that one as screensaver...

I used to have a few nice Valk animations that were more looptastic, I'll see if I can unearth them. Doubtful...

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
HI all

Thanx Rumor, your allright! Don't worry about those other files, unless you get a really bad urge to find them, cuz i'm good with what I have!! Hope this one comes off without glitches...

The last one was weird, if you read my thread about my harddrive crashing, then the problems I had with the last one could be my harddrive failing........ Unless you wanna know more, I am gonna wait to see what happens with this version first, k........

edit to add: I would've given you a +, but I already have from before..... lol....
------------------
Enzo Ferrari....

Enzo Ferrari...

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock