Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  who do you call when your car breaks down on the road? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
who do you call when your car breaks down on the road? by proff
Started on: 10-20-2008 05:58 AM
Replies: 50
Last post by: never2old on 10-25-2008 12:25 AM
Nurb432

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post10-21-2008 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by buddycraigg:

AAA.

but (beating my chest) i once replaced Polly's starter, in a parking lot of a gas station, in the snow, while my leg was in a cast and i was on crutches.
top that

Had a 4cyl mustang that ate starters ( until i got a good brand, but i was poor at the time and they had a lifetime warranty ). Changed it in a parking lot at work more then once.. Got real good at it, could change one in under 10 mins without jacking the car up.

EDIT: Cool. page 2

[This message has been edited by Nurb432 (edited 10-21-2008).]

IP: Logged
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
I usually call Jane, and tell her to get over here and fix it, since she is always the last one who drove it.
It hasn't worked yet, but I keep calling her........
proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

Perhaps we should setup the 'NFRS' ( National Fiero Rescue Service ) with some sort of central hotline to call.

1-800-dea-dcar Heh.

H.E.F.E.R.S.

Hawkesbury Express Emergency Roadside Service

my area i live in in called the hawksebury districts

proff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post

proff

7393 posts
Member since Oct 2004

Originally posted by maryjane:

I usually call Jane, and tell her to get over here and fix it, since she is always the last one who drove it.
It hasn't worked yet, but I keep calling her........

if you help us with the air fare , i will fix it for you
calamityjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2008 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for calamityjaneSend a Private Message to calamityjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by proff:

if i was over there in the USA near your area i would be happy to help you

Thanks Proff. Thats so sweet. Where were you 23 yrs ago?

Jane

------------------
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality

calamityjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2008 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for calamityjaneSend a Private Message to calamityjaneDirect Link to This Post

calamityjane

2221 posts
Member since Sep 2002

Originally posted by proff:
if you help us with the air fare , i will fix it for you

It will be cheaper for him to fix it. thanks though. I didn't touch your silver Fiero Don. I believe age is the enemy of Fieros, not me.

------------------
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality

proff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2008 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by calamityjane:
Thanks Proff. Thats so sweet. Where were you 23 yrs ago?

Jane

here in Australia

heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2008 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jstricker:

Got you beat.

John Stricker

Sorry, John. Leg in a cast and in snow is hard to top. BC still has you beat.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2008 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

I just went through this in the last 24 hours.

I was going to take my GT through emission testing yesterday, so I was out on the highway getting the engine and cat good and hot. All of a sudden the car died. I managed to coast a fair bit to a relatively safe spot to pull over. Car wouldn’t start. Suspected the ignition module. Of course I didn’t have so much as a screwdriver in the car.

After waiting about 20 minutes for the car to cool down, it started again and I decided to take an exit off the highway. The car seemed to be running okay, so I thought what the heck, I’ll take it through the emission testing station in the area I was in. Half a mile from the testing station, and 100 feet after I had crossed multiple railroad tracks , the GT died again, this time permanently.

Great. My dead GT was now parked in the middle of nowhere beside railroad tracks in a rather iffy neighborhood.

So to take us back to the topic of this thread - Who did I call? ...... My girlfriend. No, not to bail me out, but to look up on her computer the best way for me to get home by bus.

I returned in my other car to fix the GT today, armed with tools and parts. Yes, I was taking a chance leaving the GT there all night. Yes, it was okay. And yes, it was a failed ignition module.

However, there was no snow on the ground, my leg wasn’t in a cast, and I didn’t have to drop a gas tank with 30 gallons of fuel in it.

Nevertheless, I’m still pleased that eventually I got the GT home under it’s own power.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2008 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Great. My dead GT was now parked in the middle of nowhere beside railroad tracks in a rather iffy neighborhood.

Just thought I'd post a picture taken with the cell phone of where my GT spent the night.

I had just crossed those well used railroad tracks to the left of the shot when the ignition module packed it in for good.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 10-24-2008).]

never2old

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2008 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for never2oldSend a Private Message to never2oldDirect Link to This Post
AAA.
48 bucks a year and it covers all mentioned already.
Had to call them last week..........{sigh}
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay