Automotive Survey for Design School. Give your input for GM by UCFieroCharger
Started on: 10-16-2008 06:12 PM
Replies: 34
Last post by: calamityjane on 10-23-2008 02:47 AM
UCFieroCharger

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UCFieroChargerSend a Private Message to UCFieroChargerDirect Link to This Post
I am in school at UC for transportation Design, I need to do a market research survey, since I am on about a dozen forums, Im doing it online. If you have some time, I would be greatly appreciative if you take the survey. It can be found here:

http://www.surveygizmo.com/...p-a-c-e-research-08a

Ill post the results up here if your interested in finding out what I do. Any questions, just ask!

Thanks everyone!
Survey repaired!

also, if anyone is able to pass it on to another forum that would be great! I feel like my results may be a little influenced by the fiero community

Thanks all!

------------------

www.USBcar.com<--Car Flash drives.

[This message has been edited by UCFieroCharger (edited 10-17-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
Your survey is broken. Remove required field from 16 or add a None item.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top of every forum page...)

Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
It made me put a 4th vehicle in the empty slot.
Another error came up but I couldn't find it, my guess was in the current options question. I don't have any so I left it blank.
In the end I couldn't submit it.
Maybe have the yes, no questions show the spots instead of another click.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
I answered every question as required, wouldnt submit because i had an error (not answering all required fields). So yes, survey is broken somewhere.

Only thing I could see possibly wrong was '0' miles and '0' mins for daily commute. I work where I live.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 10-16-2008).]

UCFieroCharger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UCFieroChargerSend a Private Message to UCFieroChargerDirect Link to This Post
Hrm gotcha, ill get it fixed if i can. This is my first attempt at something like this

Survey repaired! I hope

[This message has been edited by UCFieroCharger (edited 10-16-2008).]

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
It seemed to work for me.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
done

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
Done ...too.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Done
Wht&BluGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wht&BluGTSend a Private Message to Wht&BluGTDirect Link to This Post
Done
nibotolu

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nibotoluSend a Private Message to nibotoluDirect Link to This Post
done
PFF
System Bot
sostock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post
Done.

Heh, how many folks have owned a car smaller than a Fiero?
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sostock:

Done.

I didnt list it but was a chevette smaller? It felt smaller
sostock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

I didnt list it but was a chevette smaller? It felt smaller

Not the sedan.

(I took my drivers test in a 1984 Chevette sedan)
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sostock:

I put my VW Bug as I know it wasn't as wide as a Fiero and I think it was shorter as well. It was definetly taller though.

Ohh, Done.
BigRed88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2008 04:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BigRed88Send a Private Message to BigRed88Direct Link to This Post
Okay, done.

I liked question #22: How often do you carry more than 2 people in your vehicle when you are driving?

~Ellen
rlinn84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2008 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rlinn84Send a Private Message to rlinn84Direct Link to This Post
I would like to thank everyone for supporting this thread UCfierocharger is currently in school to be a vehicle designer and would one day like to design a car that sees production. He does have a web site showing some of his work. his work is great!!! (ok i am biased I am his dad) again thanks for the support.
UCFieroCharger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2008 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UCFieroChargerSend a Private Message to UCFieroChargerDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all the help guys (and the few girls)!

I about halfway to where I need, so if anyone is bored at work or has a little while with nothing to do, it would be a great help!

+ to all of you guys!
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2008 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post
Done.
UCFieroCharger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2008 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UCFieroChargerSend a Private Message to UCFieroChargerDirect Link to This Post
also, if anyone is able to pass it on to another forum that would be great! I feel like my results may be a little influenced by the fiero community

Thanks all!
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2008 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Worked!
PFF
System Bot
Jrgicehc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2008 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post
done
UCFieroCharger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2008 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UCFieroChargerSend a Private Message to UCFieroChargerDirect Link to This Post
again, thanks for the help guys! getting some very interesting results.
ChuckLS1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2008 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckLS1Send a Private Message to ChuckLS1Direct Link to This Post
Done!

------------------
Chuck
88 Formula W/fastback
96 New Yorker

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2008 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2008 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Done.
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2008 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
Done.

Jim
CwF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2008 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CwFSend a Private Message to CwFDirect Link to This Post
Interesting. Surely some on this forum would be irritated that I use an 88 coupe as my daily commuter with a seat removed for cargo, a missing front end, lots of twine, and 4 studded 215/60/14 snowmasters. But tailored to its use, a point in the survey I believe. I rescued the car 10 years ago and am proud of its tupperware like performance over the years. It gets whatever it needs to function, cosmetics and cleanliness are entirely ignored. I do Hotsie it down every once in a while, when it needs fixed. All at the shop refer to it as the Road Warrior. Some wonder why I don't drive my 4x4 diesel. That little Fiero actually feels safer and is much faster and efficient most of the time on shoulderless dirt, mud, or snow roads. I couldn't bear tearing up the truck like that!
I imaging the day is coming for a HUD made up of an organic stick on layer with no projector. Then I can have an overlay mapped out of stereo IR cameras for those few times of year I transverse the pass at night in a snow storm where I can't see the popup headlights. Some say fog is bad....right...
I do have a second stripped 88 chassis waiting for a full build, it will be built beyond the performance of the former, however it will be for the same purpose - to be beat...
CwF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2008 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CwFSend a Private Message to CwFDirect Link to This Post

CwF

27 posts
Member since May 2008
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2008 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CwF:

Interesting. Surely some on this forum would be irritated that I use an 88 coupe as my daily commuter with a seat removed for cargo, a missing front end, lots of twine, and 4 studded 215/60/14 snowmasters. But tailored to its use, a point in the survey I believe. I rescued the car 10 years ago and am proud of its tupperware like performance over the years. It gets whatever it needs to function, cosmetics and cleanliness are entirely ignored. I do Hotsie it down every once in a while, when it needs fixed. All at the shop refer to it as the Road Warrior. Some wonder why I don't drive my 4x4 diesel. That little Fiero actually feels safer and is much faster and efficient most of the time on shoulderless dirt, mud, or snow roads. I couldn't bear tearing up the truck like that!

Pics?!?!?!

edmjay

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2008 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edmjaySend a Private Message to edmjayDirect Link to This Post
survey done, passed it along to some friends to do as well..

when can we see some of your results?

-Jay
PFF
System Bot
UCFieroCharger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2008 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UCFieroChargerSend a Private Message to UCFieroChargerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by edmjay:

survey done, passed it along to some friends to do as well..

when can we see some of your results?

-Jay

Ill be collecting data on thursday evening to present it on friday, but Im going to keep it going for probably another 2 weeks. Ill post the results on friday for you guys to check out, suprisingly 80% of people would consider a 2 seater car for a commute, and that is with only 30% of the people coming to the survey from the link on this forum.

Again, Thanks!
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2008 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
What did the DO_NOT_DISTRIBUTE_THIS_LINK mean at the end of the link?
calamityjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2008 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for calamityjaneSend a Private Message to calamityjaneDirect Link to This Post
I guess I was too late. The survey is closed. Maybe next time.

Jane

------------------
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality

calamityjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2008 02:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for calamityjaneSend a Private Message to calamityjaneDirect Link to This Post

calamityjane

2221 posts
Member since Sep 2002
I couldn't get to it through Jake_Dragons hotrodders either. Maybe when I get to the survey i'm not accessing it correctly? I hit look under the hood, then did a search for P.A.C.E. research 08A. It just gave me result tabs. I noticed that you said the survey would be going on a couple of weeks. Maybe it's broken again, or you have all you need? Ah well, I tried.

Jane

------------------
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock