Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Rumor, whatever happened to the Squirrel prank program? I want it. (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Rumor, whatever happened to the Squirrel prank program? I want it. by Synthesis
Started on: 05-24-2007 11:33 AM
Replies: 77
Last post by: BobadooFunk on 09-21-2008 06:52 AM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2007 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2007 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Heh.

I remembered that thing after I saw cliff's "jedi Squirrel" pic in that other thread.

I just got a second heaping of OMFG type-work, but I'll make it asap.

-FR
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2007 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

Heh.

I remembered that thing after I saw cliff's "jedi Squirrel" pic in that other thread.

I just got a second heaping of OMFG type-work, but I'll make it asap.

-FR

Good. I want to "deploy" it at work. Can you randomize it so that it does it randomly between 1 minute and 30 minutes?

Also, if you can tell it not to do it while the screensaver is active, I would love that.
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2007 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Good. I want to "deploy" it at work. Can you randomize it so that it does it randomly between 1 minute and 30 minutes?

Also, if you can tell it not to do it while the screensaver is active, I would love that.

I'll do that in the "deluxe" version.

(after you run it, you should see him in a few seconds)

I'll make a random/delayed one later...back to work...blech

How's THIS ? <----- when I'm done, that will turn into a link. click it, then click "SAVE"

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 05-24-2007).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2007 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
It works, but it is strange.

It leaves a trail of Squirrel outlines behind it until it disappears from the screen.

It also only runs once instead of staying in memory. Would be kickass to have it just sit in the background.

Also, any options you can set on it? Such as whether or not to play the sound as it goes by, and adjust the randomness?
If there was a small control panel with it that could configure an INI file or something.

I know it takes some of your time, but that would be a blast. lol

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 05-24-2007).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2007 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
I figured out the squirrel trails. That was easy enough. Window behind it was not refreshing.

Problem though. It should always be the top most window, and the sound does not play if the window is not the top window.

Any way of fixing that?
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2007 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
You don't hear the "wheee"?

There IS a "whee"...

Can you take a screengrab of the squirrel outlines? I don't see that here...?

The "Super Deluxe Ultimate edition" will allow you to edit the different critters that swing across, and you can set the delay and all that good stuff...

It will cost nine million dollars,(well worth the price, imo) but I will also offer a "nifty" version that does all that stuff, but is free for those of you that are broke after buying overpriced Microsoft software and Fiero repair bills...

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2007 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

FieroRumor

35007 posts
Member since Dec 2001

I figured out the squirrel trails. That was easy enough. Window behind it was not refreshing.

Problem though. It should always be the top most window, and the sound does not play if the window is not the top window.

Any way of fixing that?

Yeah, that's a no-brainer.

I'll add it to the nifty and "Super Deluxe Ultimate" editions.

I need to deal with a Luser. She brought me her laptop, she needed a file installed. I open the case, the fan is running it's HOT as HECK....she left it on and brought it into work that way.

And yeah, it's fried.

Me: "um, is your laptop ON?"

her: "Oh.You have to turn it off?"

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!

I'm tired of being inconveienced by other's stupidity.( I also hate it when I mispell "inconvienced") I will have to install this "swing-thingie" app on her laptop after I fix it...
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2007 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
LOL

I had a Luser do that the other day with a brand new HP NC6400 laptop.

*sigh*

Core 2 Centrino.

Anyway, it was trashed.

And "Inconvenienced"
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2007 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Squirel is now on top.

(DL from original link)

Maybe I should make it so you can shoot him down?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2007 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Now that would be a blast. Have random rodents swinging by at different intervals.

Make it so you can shoot them with the mouse. Turn it into a screensaver.
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2007 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Hehe, cool..
Oh, the sound still does not play unless the squirrel is the focused application.

Squirrel still runs on top, but you can't click anything else between the time you launch him, and the time he shows up or the sound will not play.
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2007 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Hehe, cool..
Oh, the sound still does not play unless the squirrel is the focused application.

Squirrel still runs on top, but you can't click anything else between the time you launch him, and the time he shows up or the sound will not play.

I fixed that, and added the ability to shoot him down... (DAMN, I'm GOOD)

DL original link above.

I brought the laptop back to life , too!

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2007 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Perfect.

Now just make it so the EXE stays running and does not close unless you end task it, and the squirrel flies across every now and then. LOL

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2007 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Perfect.

Now just make it so the EXE stays running and does not close unless you end task it, and the squirrel flies across every now and then. LOL

ok, gimme a little bit o' time...have junk to take care of...

86GT3.4DOHC

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2007 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
LM-Fin-AO!!!!

I just slipped that onto the receptionist (cute receptionist ) 's computer as a scheduled task. It ran twice before she called me.

"Uhh... this is going to sound stupid.... but a squirell keeps flying acrost my screen"

Oh god I wanted to toy with her "huh? that doesnt make any sense, where did he go, is he hiding under the desk... did you get enough sleep last night"

But I was laughing so hard I couldnt even talk, much less keep a straight face. Oh god that was hillarious.
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2007 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86GT3.4DOHC:

LM-Fin-AO!!!!

I just slipped that onto the receptionist (cute receptionist ) 's computer as a scheduled task. It ran twice before she called me.

"Uhh... this is going to sound stupid.... but a squirell keeps flying acrost my screen"

Oh god I wanted to toy with her "huh? that doesnt make any sense, where did he go, is he hiding under the desk... did you get enough sleep last night"

But I was laughing so hard I couldnt even talk, much less keep a straight face. Oh god that was hillarious.

I just installed the "New" version on a machine, and heard the "Wheeee" (followed by a 'What the hell?") from across the hall.... heh

New Version (run it, he will randomly swing by every 1-30 minutes)

Link up at the top. (wheeee.exe (4 'e's)

Change the name of the /exe to something like svchost.exe for more fun...

Note: This application is for novelty purposes only, don't blame me if using this app gets you fired, deflowered, de-limbed, flayed, or wrapped in bacon. No squirrels were harmed in the making of this app.

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2007 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Rumor, after the week I have had, I have to say Thank You.

This little application, and the response of the victim that you installed it on "What the hell?" just made my entire week.

Thank you.

I am so going to love this.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2007 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
BUT!!!

It takes up 37,820 K of RAM when it sits in the background lol...

I have had it on my system for 10 minutes, and have yet to see a squirrel.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2007 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
There he goes. LOL

Is it random?
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2007 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Rumor, after the week I have had, I have to say Thank You.

This little application, and the response of the victim that you installed it on "What the hell?" just made my entire week.

Thank you.

I am so going to love this.

Yeah, I have been having "one of those weeks" as well.

Not sure why it eats up so much... oh wait... lemme check something... brb...

Ok, The link up on top (wheeeee.exe (5'e's) will only take up 10 MB when running.

-----------------------------------------------------
He will scoot across when X=1.

Every minute, X = some number between 1 and 30.

Every 30 minutes, set X=1

(So, he'll scoot across at LEAST once every 30 minutes...)

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

PFF
System Bot
Loki

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2007 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LokiSend a Private Message to LokiDirect Link to This Post
I need a version with say an svchost.exe name....
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2007 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
rename the exe to svchost.exe and slip it into Startup.

Don't use it at work. You can get in trouble.
FieroAurora

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2007 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroAuroraSend a Private Message to FieroAuroraDirect Link to This Post
MAN! If I was not at work I would play with this it seems FUN!!!!!
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2007 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Loki:

I need a version with say an svchost.exe name....

SO you can put it on THAT forum?

Heh, That's where I posted my "Desktop Bunchies" app along, long time ago...
MclarenF1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MclarenF1Click Here to visit MclarenF1's HomePageSend a Private Message to MclarenF1Direct Link to This Post
So I close my laptop and go to Petsmart for Tarantula stuff. I get home, open the laptop, and all of a sudden a squirrel comes flying across my screen! Except instead of a weeeee like before, it was kind of like a chirp. I closed it and just re-opened it. We'll see if that fixed it. I'm now putting this thing on all of the computers. I can't wait to see what happens when someone is playing WOW and a giant squirrel flies across the screen. It just did and it scared the bejesus out of me. This thing rocks!

------------------

twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

rename the exe to svchost.exe and slip it into Startup.

Don't use it at work. You can get in trouble.

I must be having a blond moment, how do I "slip" it into startup again?

Brad
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

twofatguys

16465 posts
Member since Jul 2004
I feel I should add that I right clicked the start button> explore> programs> startup, and drag/drop into the file, but it still doesn't run at startup. Oh and rebooted afterwords. I feel I am missing a step.

Brad
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Strange, that SHOULD have been all ya needed to do...strange... I'll hafta make a new one in a week or so that has some new "features" in it...
SparkSVT

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-29-2007 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SparkSVTSend a Private Message to SparkSVTDirect Link to This Post
can someone tell me how to uninstall this.. i just put it on and want it off.. help
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SparkSVT:

can someone tell me how to uninstall this.. i just put it on and want it off.. help

UNINSTALL?!?!?!? MUHWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!
You can kill it in Taskmanager if need be...
or,

If all else fails, just reboot. it won't re-launch (unless you stuck it in yer "startup" folder)
PFF
System Bot
Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
Hehehe I've already got installed on 4 computers... all family and friends...my little brother walked in looked at me and went "wheeeeeeee huh.....you did this didnt you?" I told him I had noooo idea what he was talking about.
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Heh, should have a "dramatic chipmunk" option soon...

bum ba-bummmmmmm!!!!!
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
Will he still fly off if i click on him? Not that I have been able to ever.

Brad
timwdegner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2007 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timwdegnerSend a Private Message to timwdegnerDirect Link to This Post
Haha this is hilarious. Scared the crap outta me yesterday though as I had my Logitech Z-5500 system cranked when it went off out of the blue...I think I damaged an ear drum. Lol note to self, keep the speakers turned DOWN when this is running.
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2007 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Will he still fly off if i click on him? Not that I have been able to ever.

Brad

Yeah, he still flies off...

ZZzZZzZzZzzzzzZZZZzzzzz...
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
Took a couple of restarts for some reason, now the squirrel works just fine, even gets me sometimes. I have now managed to "get" him twice making him fly off the screen screaming.

I Love You Man,
Brad
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2008 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Hehehe. I have one user here at work that owes me Quiznos for all the work I do for him...

I installed this on his PC.

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2008 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Wish I had some free time, I'd make a 'quiznos' one for ya...

You should send him the 2 "where's my money" 'family guy clips off adult swim's web site as a subtle reminder...
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2008 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
LOL You should take those clips and toss them into an EXE for me to download, since Adult Swim is blocked here at work .

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock