Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Anyone here collect Autographs? Share your experiences.

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Anyone here collect Autographs? Share your experiences. by JimmyS
Started on: 07-07-2008 10:48 PM
Replies: 34
Last post by: James Bond 007 on 07-10-2008 11:01 AM
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2008 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
I have met numerous Celebs in my life and have been collecting autographs for a long long time.

List of Celebs I have met...
Julie Cialini - 1995 Playboy Playmate of the Year
Kelly Odell - Pron Star
Jennifer Worthington - Pron Star
Mario Andretti - Indy Car
Michael Andretti - Indy Car
Marco Andretti - Indy Car
Nigel Mansell - Indy Car
Paul Tracy - Indy Car
Danica Patrick - Indy Car
Marty Roth - Indy Car
Gene Simmons - Rock Band KISS
CC Devill - Rock Band Poison
Doro Pesch - Rock Band Warlock
Chad Brock - Country Singer
Trisha Yearwood - Country Singer
Anna Kournikova - Tennis
Chris Evert - Tennis
Luke & Murphy Jensen - Tennis
Jim Courrier - Tennis
John McEnroe - Tennis
Yana Novatna - Tennis
Frederique Van Der Wal - Super Model
John Lovitz - Actor
Tom Cruz - Actor
Alan Thicke - Actor
Jennifer Lopez - Actress
Andre Davis - Football
Byron Leftwich - Football
Albert Bell - Baseball
Omar Vizquel - Baseball
Kenny Lofton - Baseball
Jose Mesa - Baseball
Mike Hargrove - Baseball
Hal Naragon - Baseball
Richie Sexson - Baseball
Jim Thome - Baseball
Larry Bird - Basketball
Chip Foose - Car Designer TV Show Overhaulin
Larry Wilcox - TV Show CHiPs
Tom Pelphrey - TV Soap Star Guiding Light/Actor
Nicole Forester - TV Soap Star Guiding Light/Actress
Marcy Rylan - TV Soap Star Guiding Light/Actress
Stephanie Gatschet - TV Soap Star Guiding Light/Actress
Caitlin Van Zandt - TV Soap Star Guiding Light/Actress

There are more and I will update the list as I think of them. I got "In Person" Autographs from all the above listed.

I have heard a lot of people talk about the term "Star Struck". I could never understand how anyone could be "Star Struck". Then 1 day I went and met Anna Kournikova... My knees got week and I stood there in awe. I then knew the feeling of "Star Struck". Anna is the only Celeb I have met who has had this kind of effect on me. It's a super weird feeling to be "Star Struck".

------------------

My best advice when it comes to your Fiero is to "NOT" do any dealings with www.kitcarman.com
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...070315-1-061575.html <~ The drama with kitcarman
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/078336.html <~ finishing and fixing kitcarmans mess
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/079860.html <~ re-do after kitcarmans motor blew up.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2008 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that's SOME LIST!

I've met a few 'famous' people, and only got 'dumbstruck' when I turned the corner and almost bumped into a bloody Mel Gibson. (They were filming "Ransom" and I wandered on the set by accident. ) I was kinda tired, and was just kinda wandering around, and then I looked up, and BLAM-O. There's Mel standing there. With some blood on his forehead, lookin' a bit 'worried'. Turns out, I had turned down the street right when the 'extras' were walking. Once I realized it, I played along, and ended up walking up and down with them a buncha times.

Had a nice conversation with Jerry O'Connell at a Yankee Game once. He seems like a nice guy. We talked Baseball and "new york stuff". VERY 'normal' conversation...just two fans chatting over a beer. Got his autograph for my wife.

Got Tim Robbin's autograph at a Mets game. Just a quick convo with him, he was a bit freaked out because he tried to go incognito, and people spotted him, and were kinda freakin' him out a bit. (he had his son with him, and I think THAT's what was freakin' him a little...

I met some sports people, and a few models (Dang, they were THINNER then you'd think) nothing too fantasic to report there...

Met a few political people, and the guy who wrote the "Smurfs" theme.

la laaa la la la laaa....laaa la la la laaaa....
(Heh, now you have that dang song stuck in yer head!)

topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2008 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeDirect Link to This Post
I don't need autographs, I'm friends with enough celebs to hold me over for awhile.
DjDraggin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2008 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DjDragginSend a Private Message to DjDragginDirect Link to This Post
I've met and hung out with thousands of high profile musicians, from Yanni, to slash, to Lars Ulrich (shudder) and cant leave out MManson and his naked self! Even spent the night at ICPs crib that used to be not far from here.

Far as signed things I've never been a hey sign this type (you become a better friend if you don't)
But when I do I make sure they all sign it with a To Draggin or Eric, to make it personally mine.

I have a bunch of rare dealer posters of old hair metal drummers Signed
About 40 drum heads signed
5 Cymbals
Hand full of picks (even a Dime Bag CFH pick)
bunch of passes signed

And my pride and joy is over 400 stage used (as in I was there at the show)
drumsticks from all shapes and forms of drummers, and 90 percent of them are signed!

I only have 2 large shadow boxes of my top 100 and the really rare ones are locked away.
It would take me forever to type out all I have but just think of the top bands from the last 15 yrs and I prob have their stick! Primarily rock though.

I also have over 2500 concert tickets, some dating back to 81 (I was born in 76) Lately though I just walk right into concerts so the last 5 yrs is lacking shows I go to. Good ol times. concerts are almost getting boring to me. Its a second home.
LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2008 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
Two books signed by Frank Borman when I worked for Eastern Air Lines (20 years), and a few photos that I shot while at EAL.
One booked signed by Paul Tibbets. (Enola Gay pilot)
A "T" shirt signed by Darrell Gwynn at a Pontiac car show.
Shad0wguy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2008 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shad0wguySend a Private Message to Shad0wguyDirect Link to This Post
I haven't met too many famous people. My favorite though would have to be Kari and Tory from MythBusters.
AntiKev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2008 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AntiKevClick Here to visit AntiKev's HomePageSend a Private Message to AntiKevDirect Link to This Post
I have a t-shirt signed by Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper.
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2008 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shad0wguy:

I haven't met too many famous people. My favorite though would have to be Kari and Tory from MythBusters.

Tell her you have a myth you would like to bust (with her)---> "it's impossible to have s3x in a Fiero"...
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2008 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
I don't collect autographs, but I do have Bob Dole's and Bill Clinton's autograph on the same piece of paper.

Since both of them ran against each other in '96 I figure it might be worth something someday.

FieroAurora

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2008 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroAuroraSend a Private Message to FieroAuroraDirect Link to This Post
I have only met really fairly lame famous people...

LFO (you the summer girls song guys)
and Rascal Flatts
Mickey Mouse
umm yeah thats all I can think of I know there are some sports people in there
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2008 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

Tell her you have a myth you would like to bust (with her)---> "it's impossible to have s3x in a Fiero"...

I busted that myth a long time ago. Don't believe me? I got pics to prove it but they are not suitable for this forum!
PFF
System Bot
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2008 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

JimmyS

4666 posts
Member since Apr 2006
I have thousands of autographs. Most are random insert type stuff from trading cards. I have nearly 100 "in person" autographs. I have a whole bedroom dedicated to my collection of autographs and collectibles.
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post07-08-2008 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
I have Chuck Berry's autograph, and I sold Bill Romonowski a hot dog on Skyline Boulevard in San Mateo. I had no idea who he was, even after he told me his name, just that he told me that he was on the 49ers. He aint that big, but he tipped well.
DtheC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2008 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroAurora:

I have only met really fairly lame famous people...
-snip-
Mickey Mouse
umm yeah thats all I can think of I know there are some sports people in there

Was this before or after the Teamsters organised the Union?
I'd heard he used to have very good penmanship, and it just got a little sloppy since then?

------------------
Ol' Paint, 88 Base coupe auto.
Turning white on top, like owner.
Leaks a little, like owner.
Doesn't smoke....... OK, we're trying to quit.

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2008 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:
I have met numerous Celebs in my life and have been collecting autographs for a long long time.

I have heard a lot of people talk about the term "Star Struck". I could never understand how anyone could be "Star Struck". Then 1 day I went and met Anna Kournikova... My knees got week and I stood there in awe. I then knew the feeling of "Star Struck". Anna is the only Celeb I have met who has had this kind of effect on me. It's a super weird feeling to be "Star Struck".

Based on the photos I've seen of that young lady, I'd have to suggest you weren't "Star Struck", that was a natural "male" reaction to a beautiful woman and, it wasn't your knees you were losing control of.

Ron
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2008 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

I busted that myth a long time ago. Don't believe me? I got pics to prove it but they are not suitable for this forum!

Yeah but busting this myth with your sister doesn't count!

(J O K I N G!)

Don't hit me with a ten foot pole!

(I don't even KNOW if you have a sister, if you do, I'm sure she's a very nice young lady that wouldn't do naughty things with her brother in a Fiero...)
I'm sorry, I haven't had any bacon for weeks, BD is starting to effect me...taking its toll on my sanity...

mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2008 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WhiteDevil88:

I have Chuck Berry's autograph, and I sold Bill Romonowski a hot dog on Skyline Boulevard in San Mateo. I had no idea who he was, even after he told me his name, just that he told me that he was on the 49ers. He aint that big, but he tipped well.

Heh.....Romonowski also played for the Broncos. He thinks he was a better player than he really was, although he was better than average. Now he thinks he's a better actor than he really is!
Shad0wguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2008 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shad0wguySend a Private Message to Shad0wguyDirect Link to This Post

Damn, thats a good one. I should have!
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2008 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
me?
I have two. Woopi Goldberg and....

Slick Willie.

My sister drives for the rock band "the Romantics."

My uncle is in the Congress (representative)

Formula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2008 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
I have FieroRumor's autograph!

It's weird, he actually signs his name as FieroRumor.. hmmm....
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2008 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula:

I have FieroRumor's autograph!

It's weird, he actually signs his name as FieroRumor.. hmmm....

ooo! Keep that thing safe - It'll be worth something someday!*
* Probably not...Sorry man, that's a fake. I paid someone five bucks to write "FieroRumor" a bunch of times...
PFF
System Bot
Patrick's Dad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2008 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick's DadClick Here to visit Patrick's Dad's HomePageSend a Private Message to Patrick's DadDirect Link to This Post
I have a few.

Isaac Asimov on a Polaroid that I had just snapped of him.

Ditto George Foreman. He had a salamander on his head, a frog in his hands and a small snake around his neck.

Al Jarreau on a backstage pass.

Stryper on the "Reborn" cover. And Oz Fox on the Stryper's "Can't Stop the Rock" disc.

And Douglas Adams on a record cover of THHG.

Hmmm. No chicks.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2008 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick's Dad:

Hmmm. No chicks.

What are you telling us? LOL
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2008 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
I was working at a hotel in downtown Detroit close enough to the main venue but far enough away to be secluded. I shared an elevator ride with Tommy Lee. Ask me when you see me what his code name was...

Another job, driving tour busses, I drove the 2002 Motorsports Hall of Fame inductees (the live ones...). I got Richard Childress and Mike Hilton to sign a Dale Jr. licence plate. I have many that signed the program guide.
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2008 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
Mostly I only collect autographed first editions (some photos, but not many)

Dashiell Hammett
JRR Tolkien
Ayn Rand
Thomas Wolfe
Ernest Hemingway
James Joyce
Henry Miller
Richard Condon
Ian Fleming
Jack Kerouac
Jack London
Willa Cather
Margaret Mitchell
Ralph Ellison
William Golding
Lawrence Durrell
Ray Bradbury
Walker Percy
John Steinbeck
Harper Lee
And more
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2008 03:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
Steve Vai signing my Jem 7VWH (his line of Ibanez guitars)) in Boulder

Gary Numan (Boulder again) signing my Les Paul, which is the same color as the one he plays,
and a picture I had blown up of him and me when I met him in Dallas.

[This message has been edited by Falcon Fiero (edited 07-09-2008).]

SonataInFSharp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2008 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SonataInFSharpSend a Private Message to SonataInFSharpDirect Link to This Post
My wife had me "Star Struck" using that definition, and she isn't even famous!

I have had a few people ask ME for MY autograph back in the day when I did stuff locally/regionally. I thought it was weird; who cared about ME like that? It almost felt like a breech of privacy. Thankfully, it was long enough ago that when I Google myself, I don't exist.

I have cousins that were in rock bands that were extremely popular in their very specific genres (I couldn't stand their music and my own friends never heard of them anyway), and they were best buddies with other bands that reached a more general audience. At a wedding of another cousin, there were very famous musicians there and at my own wedding guests were bugging my cousins for autographs.

In college, we had enough money to have very famous classical musicians come to campus and I was always the person to drive them around town and to their hotels if they didn't want limos, I had one-on-one lessons with them, and ate with them. In fact, my own professor of several years was famous enough that he moved out of a big city and into a small town because he couldn't take it anymore and he became an academic. He said the last straw was when he had to hire someone to go shopping for him because it became an impossible task with everyone bothering him. Locally, people know who he is and leave him alone, but the news still tries to do specials on him and he hates it.

Personally, I don't give a crap who is who or where and when or who I met. I don't typically idolize people. They all get up in the morning, get dressed, and eat breakfast just like we do. I have a job to do and so do they.

I used to get really excited about "local celebrities" when I was younger until I saw one at Target and realized, again, that they are just like you and me. In fact, I work in an environment where a national semi-celebrity works and I see this person every day and I don't give one ka-hoot.

[This message has been edited by SonataInFSharp (edited 07-09-2008).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2008 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SonataInFSharp:
I don't exist.

Well now, that is special. I've never spoken with someone that doesn't actually exist, can I get your autograph?

BTW, congrats on getting that particular wife. She sounds like a winner!

Ron
xgamefan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2008 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for xgamefanSend a Private Message to xgamefanDirect Link to This Post
I have a bunch..no celebs though! Just the cops that keep pullin me over in the fiero-LOL!
ly41181

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2008 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ly41181Send a Private Message to ly41181Direct Link to This Post
Tony Dungy
John Lynch
Derrick Brooks
Shaw Quarels

All when they were on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I went to the back of the Bengals stadium where their bus was. I was the only one to recognize Derrick Brooks. I almost had Warren Sapp's but someone made him mad and he went to the bus.

I also have Al Jourgensen's guitar pick from his last concert in Louisville. He is in the band Ministry. That was so cool!
Patrick's Dad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2008 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick's DadClick Here to visit Patrick's Dad's HomePageSend a Private Message to Patrick's DadDirect Link to This Post

Oops. Already said....

Ignore this post.

[This message has been edited by Patrick's Dad (edited 07-09-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
kawana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2008 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaDirect Link to This Post
My sister got Tom Arnold's autograph when she was 3, my mom saw him in McDonalds wearing shades and a hat. She got my sister to go up and get his autograph in her coloring book lol :P
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2008 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
Dale Earnhardt. Signed a promotional poster I acquired back in 1995.

I'll treasure that autograph forever.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2008 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Roy Rogers
Dan Blocker

I've met and hung out with thousands of high profile musicians, from Yanni

Yanni??????????????? You hung out with Yanni?
James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2008 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Direct Link to This Post
I got one letter in the mail and two pictures from Paris Hilton,signed (aside from the fact, that there are some Paris Hilton Haters,she's a very Nice Lady).

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock