Started on: 06-16-2008 11:05 AM
Replies: 67
Last post by: FieroRumor on 06-25-2008 03:32 PM
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post06-16-2008 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by JazzMan (edited 12-04-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2008 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
PPPLLEEAAASSSEEE don't send him away!!! He's awesome and if I lived nearby I would take him off your hands. Please somebody adopt this guy so he doesn't have to be euthanized. Somebody's getting a good deal all around with Jazz paying the primary costs. You wouldn't want to drive him to PA would ya'
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2008 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
You know, I would consider taking him if he could be crated and flown to Minnesota.

PrettyPhysicist87GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2008 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PrettyPhysicist87GTSend a Private Message to PrettyPhysicist87GTDirect Link to This Post
awww! he's precious! i'd take him if he could be sent to PA. PLEASE someone take him!

------------------
1987 Fiero GT
1986 Fiero SE
2004 Alero GL a.k.a. Raccoon Killer!

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2008 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
That looks like an awesome cat, hope someone adopts it!

spankme

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2008 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spankmeSend a Private Message to spankmeDirect Link to This Post
To help this little guy get a family else where in the country we could create a Fiero chain. Get volunteers’ to drive him a section of the way, to the next driver, and so on. It could be stressful for the kitty, but you can him medication to help him cope and it would be less stressful then the pound. Just an idea.
IEatRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2008 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IEatRiceSend a Private Message to IEatRiceDirect Link to This Post
I sent an email out to someone looking for a cat. Is Ardmore OK too far?
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2008 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
If no one else adopts it (from here) can't ya put a flier up at the local grocery store? I'm sure SOMEONE would like a cat like that!!!
JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-16-2008 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

FieroAurora

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2008 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroAuroraSend a Private Message to FieroAuroraDirect Link to This Post
hey if you guys can get that driver chain going I will either take the adorable guy or help get him where he needs to be
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2008 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
nice looking animal. sounds like a fine personality also.

hope this works out.
PFF
System Bot
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post06-16-2008 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

Siamese make great pets. Ours "found" us as well. Too bad you can't keep him, but I hope everything works out on finding a good home for him.
Gecko

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2008 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spankme:

To help this little guy get a family else where in the country we could create a Fiero chain. Get volunteers’ to drive him a section of the way, to the next driver, and so on. It could be stressful for the kitty, but you can him medication to help him cope and it would be less stressful then the pound. Just an idea.

That chain is an awesome idea.

Looks cute, hope it ends up in good hands.
Amethyst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2008 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmethystClick Here to visit Amethyst's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmethystDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:

No. That's around 90-100 miles IIRC.

JazzMan

Couldn't you guys meet halfway? We've done this for birds when it was across the state...What a beautiful little thing... man I hope someone takes him!! Although I understand your position, we have 8 cats ourselves... somehow they just don't end up going somewhere else... lol..

------------------

8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2008 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
He is a cute little guy. Again, if I were close enough I would take him in a heartbeat!
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post06-16-2008 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
Read more carefully, we may have a love connection. Q."is Ardmore too far?" A."No, that's about 90-100 miles" in other words, within his range. However with James' recent health concerns, I think a midway meeting would be easier on him. Plus, when James is worried about keeping his medications refrigerated because his finances are so tight, I think he should consider accepting donations from other pet lovers to keep this animal in a loving home. We're a little tight until the end of the month, but I'm willing to chip in for $10.
DtheC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2008 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post

JazzMan

Cute, and I'm a guy that doesn't like cats, I put up with most of my friends cats.
But if they can put up with me, I have to give them credit.

------------------
Ol' Paint, 88 Base coupe auto.
Turning white on top, like owner.
Leaks a little, like owner.
Doesn't smoke....... OK, we're trying to quit.

IEatRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2008 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IEatRiceSend a Private Message to IEatRiceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amethyst:
Couldn't you guys meet halfway?

Ardmore is half way for me...
The Poopsmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2008 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PoopsmithSend a Private Message to The PoopsmithDirect Link to This Post
Might I suggest Craigslist. I don't know if you can sell animals through Craigslist but I've seen quite a few listed animals under the free section. If Craigslist is something you would like to try I can use my account to set up a ad for you and it's free. Just a thought. Daniel

The link below is for Dallas.
http://dallas.craigslist.org/
JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-17-2008 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Amethyst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2008 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmethystClick Here to visit Amethyst's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmethystDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IEatRice:

Ardmore is half way for me...

Yes, but do you have someone who will take the kitten?

Please, somebody find this beautiful baby a home!!

I know how it is with taking in stray cats... we have 8 now... and it broke my heart when I had to take 4 half wild kittens out to a farm and turn them loose with the owners permission of course, after the pet store saying they would take them and then saying they were too old (momma cat had gotten pregnant again so they couldn't of been more than 8 or 9 weeks old at the most, she went into a relocation program but they couldn't take the kittens because they were overwhelmed with kittens.. http://catsnap.org/) and too mean when they stuck their fingers into the carrier and the kittens were chewing on their fingers... well DUH... they were scared and wanted out of the carrier so they could hide!! They weren't hissing or scratching, just reaching their paws out of the carrier to try and get out... Still makes me mad to think about it, and it's been 2 years ago!

------------------

PFF
System Bot
PrettyPhysicist87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2008 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PrettyPhysicist87GTSend a Private Message to PrettyPhysicist87GTDirect Link to This Post
seriously - if you can't find anyone to take him, and a "fiero chain" can be worked out, I am more than willing to take this little fella - AND i'd take care of the vet bills. i just HATE to see an animal put down or sent to the pound ...

------------------
1987 Fiero GT
1986 Fiero SE
2004 Alero GL a.k.a. Raccoon Killer!

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2008 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

You know, I would consider taking him if he could be crated and flown to Minnesota.

That's not a bad idea. My mom had a Maltipoo sent in from Texas not long ago. Worked out awesome.
JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-17-2008 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2008 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
We sent a therapy dog from here in Maine all the way to a little girl in North Carolina.

The Hole in the Wall Gang got involved in the transport. They got all their members on the east coast involved, anyone headed home took a leg. (in the transport)

If any of you local college students in a national fraternity are headed home and are willing to get involved it can be done easily.

http://cancer.med.unc.edu/n...e/posterity/wish.asp

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

pontiacman63383

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2008 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacman63383Send a Private Message to pontiacman63383Direct Link to This Post
If it gets this far i could cover the missouir part of the "fiero chain" to help get him to a new home.
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2008 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Doing the "Fiero Chain" would be stressful for the cat, but I honestly think it may be less stressful, as he would get attention the entire route.

Who knows.

As I said, I'd be willing to take him in, if he can get to Minnesota.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
I spent most of a year begging my landlord to let me have just one cat. No way she'd ever let me have a second. (Well, that and the fact that I'm 1500 miles away.) You might want to contact the ASPCA. There are lots of other "adoption agencies" out there. My cat adopted me (yes...I said that right) from a place called A Cause for Paws. They're local (and only open on Saturday afternoons) but I'll call them up this weekend and see if they know of any organizations in your area. I'm pretty much broke, but I'll do whatever I can to help out.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post

Monkeyman

15810 posts
Member since Nov 1999
I just sent an email to A Cause for Paws asking if there were any other organizations like it in your area. As soon as the respond, I'll post and/or PM you.
Amethyst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmethystClick Here to visit Amethyst's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmethystDirect Link to This Post
I'm pretty sure to ship via airplane these days you'd need a vets certificate of health and up to date on all vaccines.. Some airlines won't take live animals anymore, you'd have to check each airline specifically. You would ship counter to counter and a direct flight so the animal wasn't left in a carrier on the tarmac while the plane sat for any length of time since it would be several hours in the air. The holds are pressurized so there wouldn't be a problem there... I know for birds, you don't put water in their cage, only stuff like fruit for moisture so the flooring doesn't get wet, it would be hard for the cat, but you could put towels in the bottom of the carrier. If you could teach him to drink from a water bottle, you could attach one to the outside of the carrier, or maybe put some canned food in the carrier, although I doubt he'd eat much from the stress, although you could keep him covered which would help somewhat...

There certainly has to be a more local alternative to shipping!! Do you have any No Kill shelters in your area? Let me go see if I can find anything...

http://www.dogpack.com/directory/txnokill.htm

http://www.pgaa.com/Texas.html

http://web2.airmail.net/marjo/no-kill.htm

http://www.saveourstrays.com/no-kill.htm

There are quite a few in the Dallas/Fort Worth area... surely one of those will find the kitten a home if arrangements can't be made through here...

Be sure and make sure that No Kill means they will place the kitten when you talk to them on the phone!!

Good luck and bless you Jazzman for caring!!
------------------

[This message has been edited by Amethyst (edited 06-18-2008).]

FieroAurora

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroAuroraSend a Private Message to FieroAuroraDirect Link to This Post
Hey just wanted to check in see how the kitty is doing. and how you are. I hope something comes up to where you can help him. I would love him he is georgious!!!
PFF
System Bot
Amethyst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmethystClick Here to visit Amethyst's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmethystDirect Link to This Post
I've got a message into someone who expressed interested in a couple of Siamese kittens on another forum, (they were in the pictures of some items for trade/sale) I've given him the link to this forum so hopefully if he's serious, you can get together, he is in the Dallas area so everybody keep your fingers crossed that it wasn't just wishful thinking!!

------------------

JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-18-2008 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Amethyst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmethystClick Here to visit Amethyst's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmethystDirect Link to This Post
ahhhh sob... he sounds so sweet!! Anyway, the guy from the other forum says he needs to get an apartment in Aug. before he can get a kitten... I told him to come over to the forum anyway if he was any way interested in a Siamese... so you never know...

Well I'm sure this little guy is gonna find a home soon!! With all the people trying to find one for him... lol.. he's one lucky little gorgeous guy!! Hey, can you run an ad in the local paper? I know around here they do free kitten/puppy ads!!

Please keep us posted... we sure are trying to find him someplace!!

Max is ready to kill me now for the cats we've brought in.. lol.. but sometimes they just don't find other homes... and nobody wants older cats..

------------------

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Shipping by air does require vet/health certificate and all shot records and they may not even want to ship it depending on the weather. Summer to hot, winter to cold for a small kitten. But it does depend on the weather. They send animals in cargo, no heat or air-conditioning.

If you can find a animal transporter, they move dogs and cats to and from shows for people that do the dog/cat show circuit. You may be able to do it in one stretch. But they still stop for watering and feeding, and exercises, potty brakes.

Good luck, a Fiero chain would be great if it could be done. I haven’t looked lately but if there is a meet you may be able to do that.

If you do transport by car don’t forget to crate the little guy, some cats do not travel well in an open car. We got a cat at a shelter years ago and when it got in the car it scratched the crap out of my wife and ran all around the car the entire trip home.

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

MonteC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonteCSend a Private Message to MonteCDirect Link to This Post
Ill have my wife post this up on the "cat forum" when we get home tonight.

Jazzman, do you need any help with the cost of keeping the kitten while it waits for a new home?

[This message has been edited by MonteC (edited 06-18-2008).]

JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-18-2008 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post

Could you find out how that was done, I have no idea how to even start figuring out how to do that.

JazzMan

Contact the local airline. American Airlines moves animals all the time.

Basically have all the pets shots current, use an airline approved pet kennel and ship. The other person (reciever) will need to be there to pick up the animal in a timely manner.

that is about it.

number (for airline) can be found on

www.aa.com

Southwest flies pets also:

www.iflyswa.com

both operate out of DFW area.
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2008 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
The kitten now has a loving home. I let my wife see the pictures last night so while working I got a message asking me if I would go get him. When I was leaving my last job site I was only a couple miles away. He'll goto the vet ASAP for all testing to be done and any and all shots or other medications to be given. James really loves this kitty I felt bad for taking him off his hands but he will be well cared for here. I also had to promise to take pictures to post for updates. This will not be a problem what so ever. We didn't have a carrier so a box had to do for the trip home. While on the trip my wife Margie picked up all new kitty essentials to help make him feel home. I can honestly say he doesn't like riding and gets car sick. The ride was not an easy task for him. Once home I let him settle down in the box in a quiet room for about half an hour then got him out. His paws needed a little toweling off before letting him begin to get acquainted too. He took to me quite well but acted like he wanted to explore. After sitting for about 15 minutes I opened the door to let him out of the bathroom. He was a little cautious but went straight to my wife and daughter on the couch when he saw them. Keeping my daughter still was a challenge at first but once she behaved and knew how important it was to let him do what he wanted to do he warmed up to her too. Now he has sat in my wife's lap for a couple of hours exploring a little here and there. I think he's going to handle the night just fine. He is truely a sweetheart. Thanks James!

p.s. Just noticed the collar it's now OFF of him. Indoor cats don't need collars, nor do they like them although he didn't seem to mind it much.

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 06-19-2008).]

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2008 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Bravo!!!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock