Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Pics of my newest leopard geckos (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Pics of my newest leopard geckos by Gecko
Started on: 04-04-2006 08:51 PM
Replies: 68
Last post by: Gecko on 04-01-2008 11:05 PM
Gecko

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post
These are just some pics of the Leopard Geckos that I now have.

I started with 1 Juvenile/adult (not sure if it's really an adult yet) about a week ago, and yesterday I picked up 2 babies. I also moved up from a 10 Gallon regular tank, to a 20 gallon long tank and some nicer accessories. Everything looks much nicer in person, but here are some pics.

ok now the geckos. They seem to get along with each other just fine. They like to stay hidden most of the time, and with the babies being so small, it makes it difficult to catch a pic. I will take them out for a moment and photograph them that way too. but for now.

Juvie

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gecko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post
baby 1.

baby1 deciding to sleep on top of Juvie.

[This message has been edited by Gecko (edited 04-04-2006).]

Gecko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post

Gecko

5954 posts
Member since Aug 2004
more of baby1 who is very tame and much easier to photograph.

baby2, doesn't yet like being touched/handled, and is very difficult to photograph so there are only 2 succesful pics.

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Even your babies are sizable. Cute!

Hope you don’t mind a picture of my little fella. I just took this picture today of my Viper Gecko. My girlfriend’s kids insisted I take one of the babies from their adult breeding pair. He was half this size when I got him six months ago.

From the T-Rex thread:

Originally posted by Patrick:

Don't tell anyone, but my girlfriend's 10 year old son is cloning T-Rex babies in his bedroom!

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Are those things edible?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2006 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Tastes like chicken!

Hey, somebody was going to say it...

NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post
I heard that a certain insurance company has a sales job that suddenly became available....

J/K!
I have hundreds of anole lizards around the house and yard. They are fascinating to watch.
Just like little bitty dinosaurs!
Great photos, Gecko.

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 04-05-2006).]

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:

I have hundreds of anole lizards around the house and yard. They are fascinating to watch.
Just like little bitty dinosaurs!

...and hard to catch too!

Cool Gecko pics!

Gecko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post
That is a very cute Viper Gecko, and so tiny too. Mine came from Petco, so I don't know how old they actually are.

any other gecko/lizard pics are certainly welcome in this thread.

[This message has been edited by Gecko (edited 04-05-2006).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2006 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
My daughter Amanda and Spike her iguana.

She has a thing for dinosaurs and he is the closest thing we can get for her.

------------------
technology is great when it works
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Gecko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2006 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post
Quality isn't the greatest on this pic but I had to take it quick before they moved. The net is pretty high up since I rearranged everything and the adult usually likes to go and stay up there. Here is one pic of the adult seeing the baby stealing the spot, and then both sharing it.

[This message has been edited by Gecko (edited 05-01-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
achawkins

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2006 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for achawkinsClick Here to visit achawkins's HomePageSend a Private Message to achawkinsDirect Link to This Post
Sure they're cute, but how's their insurance rates look?
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2006 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Be careful! The red lights turn them EVIL!

nice tank.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2006 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Using a net for the geckos to bask closer to the "sunlight" is something I hadn't seen before. Years ago I used to have anoles, and they didn't have any trouble getting closer to the light at the top of the tank all on their own.

Do your geckos not like using "hot hocks", or are these heated rocks not favored and/or used by reptile owners any more?
Gecko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2006 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post
Their insurance rates are very high (well atleast for me) lol.

The red light is only for nighttime, and is usually when they come out being they are nocturnal. So maybe they will only be partially evil.

Leopard Gecko's don't have the webbed feet like many other lizards so they can't climb glass. They have a heating pad below the tank in one corner, and the heatlights above the tank. I don't use the heat rocks because I have read that often they can be bad for this type of gecko.

fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2006 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post
She's holding a big ass Iguana! My little bro has one but he's always grumpy (the Iguana), I mean he had a room modeled with trees and stuff for him!

[This message has been edited by fierogtowner (edited 05-01-2006).]

AutumnsOATH

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2006 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutumnsOATHSend a Private Message to AutumnsOATHDirect Link to This Post
I used to own 5 of them when I was 11 or 12 (6 or so years ago). They were actually shared between me and a best friend at the time, and when he moved away I let him take them. They're awesome, and easy to care to for. I'm thinking about getting another one or two.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2006 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtowner:

She's holding a big ass Iguana! My little bro has one but he's always grumpy (the Iguana), I mean he had a room modeled with trees and stuff for him!

Spike , (the iguana) Is friendly but he gets held and let loose just about every day. He is fast when he wants to be,

------------------
technology is great when it works
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Gecko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2006 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post
It's only been a few months and look how the babies have grown. This pic was from an earlier posting, it shows the baby with the juvenile/adult.

Now look at them next to each other.

Here are two more. I love that the younger ones seem to be keeping such nice bright color.

[This message has been edited by Gecko (edited 07-18-2006).]

Scurvy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2006 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ScurvySend a Private Message to ScurvyDirect Link to This Post
I love leopard geckos, i just wish they didn't have such ugly ass tails
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2006 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
Look Mate! That's all well in good. But Gieco will load you up on the goodies.

PFF
System Bot
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post07-19-2006 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by JazzMan (edited 12-05-2008).]

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2006 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Gecko's are cool. So, how hard are they to care for?
Gecko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2006 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post
Yes they seem to be pretty healthy(fat) without being obese at all. I have read so much on feeding them crickets/mealworms or both, or just one choice etc.. I decided to stick with just mealworms this time around and it seems to have wonderful results. They always have a supply of mealworms in a bowl. I occasionally give them a treat, which is wax worms. They really love those.

Like many animals there are a lot of different types of geckos. Mine are Leopard Geckos and are probably one of the easiest to take care of.

"The leopard gecko, (Eublepharis macularius), is an ideal pet that takes up little space, has simple food requirements, comes in designer colors and patterns and can withstand the life dealt out by even the most absent-minded of keepers. They are excitable as babies, but harmless, and as adults they become very tame; taking food from your fingers"

that comes from this page. http://www.leopardgecko.com/emcare.html

Mine have always been tame enough to take food right from my fingers, and will usually come right to my hand as soon as I put it in the tank, because they will think I have food (even if I am just trying to move something or fill the water bowl etc...) If you put your face by the tank they will come over and look at you as well.

However none of the 3 like to be handled or picked up and squirm around a bit the longer you hold them. They will eventually squirm hard enough to throw themselves/jump from your hand with no thought to how far they might fall or where. If I handled them more on a regular basis then they would probably get used to me and stop this but I don't do it because I dont like to bother them, and because if they do get away from me there are way to many places for them to run and hide, plus there is a cat here as well. The cat is actually pretty decent and only goes by them if he knows your not around. He will not meow at them, or swat at them or anything, he just likes to watch them incase they were to get out. Then his intentions would probably change. Its not to often that he gets to see them because they are a few feet off the ground, and I usually keep enough things in the cats pathway that he can't get close to them, plus they are partially covered when I am not here/sleeping etc...

Geico. I do like their commercials, they use a few different kinds depending on what commercial you see. When they show the one in the desert setting doing the eyeball lick, that is the kind I have.

[This message has been edited by Gecko (edited 07-19-2006).]

Gecko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2006 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post
I guess if your really tired you just sleep wherever lol.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2006 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

This is a two-week old Viper Gecko (younger sibling of the one I posted earlier in this thread) which I noticed was staring intently at something outside it’s tank. It turned out to be a tiny “jumping” spider which was just wandering around on top of the desk. This isn’t the best quality picture, but I was rushed as this was NOT a staged shot (and I was using a camera not familiar to me). It was really funny because the spider was circling the tank and stopping to look at the gecko which was following it. I’m not 100% sure who was stalking who!

Keep in mind this gecko is less than an inch long!
metoady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2006 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for metoadyClick Here to visit metoady's HomePageSend a Private Message to metoadyDirect Link to This Post
cool pic
my sons anole passed away to day

Speedy rest in Peace
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2006 03:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by metoady:

my sons anole passed away to day

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that.

I used to have anoles years ago and I quite enjoyed them. They were always active and entertaining. I had one fella for about six years, which I gather is quite old for an anole!

Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2006 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
good stuff
I used to have a gecko tank & quite a few gecko's
was a 120 gal tank - more of a terrarium. all plants in it were live. had a 5 gallon pond on one side - which had a crayfish/crawdad/whatever, which would go up and bury itself in the dirt. the geckos would love to go down into the crayfish hole.
at one time it had 3 Fat tail geckos (Hydra, Matic & Muncie), 2 Leopard geckos (Chucky & Tommy), 2 Golden geckos (Hector & Consielo), 1 Marble gecko ('Zilla)
there were a couple of other leopards that didnt make it - some to small, and got eaten, other just got bullied, and stopped eating
one of the marbles escaped - not sure how it got out, or where it went - but I bet the cats enjoyed it
Hydra was the bully of the ground gecko's (fattail & leopard) and Hector was the bully of the wallwalking geckos
there was some mating - I found eggs - but none ever managed to hatch.
I kept a 20 gallon tank in the basement to keep crickets, which I bought in boxes of 500 or 1000 - 500 in summer, 1000 in winter - they STINK, so I kept the smaller amount in the summer to clean the cricket cage more often....
the tanks lasted 3 years - then there was a sudden wave of doom - not sure what it was, probably some kind of disease, but they stopped eating - one at a time.
the bulk of the tank is still in my room, got the dirt out, disaasembled the hoods, to scavenge the lighting system, heating system & sprinkler system I built into the hoods.
the lighting system is 3 pairs of 24" floursecent grow lights, heating system is a thermostat controlling ceramic heating bulbs, with fans behind them, and the sprinkler is a aqaurium powerhead pumping into 6 FIERO windshield washer nozzles
really wish I had pic's - I am/was proud of the tank I made.
in the 5 gallon water section, I had built a fountain. hard to explain, but: The"Lord of the Ring - Fellowship of the Ring" collector DVDs came with a pair of bookends - which were of the two big statues near the end of that movie, with a river between them. I fiberglassed them together, painted it up, and made that my fountain, with the waterfall coming down between them.
if it wasnt for the crickets, I probably would have kept the tank up - but the crickets stank to keep, and to much a pain in the ass to buy as needed - 3 dozen every other day...ug....

NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2006 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gecko:

It's only been a few months and look how the babies have grown. This pic was from an earlier posting, it shows the baby with the juvenile/adult.

Now look at them next to each other.

Thats interesting plant material you're feeding them. They must be very happy lizards!
Gecko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2006 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post
Everything I have read and been told says that you can not mix leopard geckos with other types of geckos. Also your not supposed to have more then 1 male because they will fight. However you can have 1 male and plenty of females. I guess with a tank as large as you had maybe they stayed far enough away from each other.

The plants I have are fake lol. They only eat live food such as crickets/meal worms.
PFF
System Bot
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2006 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post

The plants I have are fake lol. They only eat live food such as crickets/meal worms.

Of course they are. Any fool can see that. (nudge nudge, wink wink)
Heres the classic lizard joke - stop me if you've heard this one:

One day a little lizard was walking past a tree and there was baboon sitting in the branch smoking pot.

Baboon: "Hey lizard come and join me up here in the tree!"

So lizard climbs up the tree and joins the baboon. After a while both of them were seeing fairies and things started to move slowly and lizard says: "Damn I am thirsty! Gonna go for a drink!"

And lizard went to the river for a drink. As he drinks a crocodile pops up and sees lizard is stoned. And crocodile asks : "Lizard, What ya up to?"

Lizard: "Yo croc! I been smoking pot with baboon in that tree."

Crocodile: "This I got to see!"

So crocodile comes out of the river and stands under the tree where baboon was still smoking pot.

Crocodile "Yo baboon!!!"

Baboon turns, looks down, and nearly falls out of the tree in astonishment.
Then he says "LIZARD! HOW MUCH WATER DID YOU DRINK???!!!!"

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2006 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

A picture of one of my anole buddies from 25 years ago...

I always liked the (purposely) limited depth of field in this shot.

Maybe this calls for a new thread - Lizards we have known and loved.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2006 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

This little fella just hatched today.

He was barely out of his shell before he chased down and ate a cricket - a very small cricket.
Gecko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2006 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post
Very nice pic. I never see those in the local pet stores. I think I know why. He's Canadian LOL.

This pic was not them moving around, they were all resting.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2006 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

I never see those in the local pet stores. I think I know why. He's Canadian LOL.

Yep. In a few months he'll have his own little skates, stick and puck.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2006 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post
I've been looking after my girlfriend's kids geckos for the past week while they've been out of town, and this morning Momma gecko laid two more eggs. (That's about ten or so this year.) Usually she goes into her little hut and lays them, but this time she laid them out in the open in the corner of the tank. The really weird thing is that Momma has stayed with the eggs all day. So far it's been ten hours. The other odd thing is that Poppa gecko has stayed in the little hut all day and he usually never stays in there. Strange going ons...

This is the momma of all the Viper geckos I've previously posted images of here.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 09-04-2006).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2006 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

I found out why Momma gecko was hanging around the two eggs she laid this morning - she had two more to lay! Now this is really strange because she has never laid more than two eggs at once before. Then it takes from three to four weeks for the next couple of eggs. She's now laid four eggs in less than 24 hours. No wonder she was still bulging in the pictures I posted above.

I was able to watch her lay the eggs this time (for the first time ever). The egg pops out and she sort of catches it with her hind feet which are under her anal area. She then rotates the egg over and over and over between her feet, much the same way we'd rotate a softball held between our hands. Then she uses her feet to gently place the egg out of the way to make room for the next one. I guess I'm easily amused, but I find this all very fascinating.
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2006 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Very cool, never knew they did that with their legs...
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2006 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
that is great!

I never had anyluck with my Fattail Gecko eggs. none of them made it. she laid a good 6 pair.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock