Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Forum members can't decide on their own?????

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Forum members can't decide on their own????? by drumwzrd
Started on: 08-25-2007 11:31 PM
Replies: 33
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 08-26-2007 11:45 AM
drumwzrd

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post08-25-2007 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drumwzrdSend a Private Message to drumwzrdDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to know why a lot of you members can't make up your own freakin minds when it comes to your OWN car. Why is there 4,000 posts of " Help me decide my cars color " or " Help me figure out my license plate ".....how about " Help me wipe my own ass " I love how these useless posts push all the other valid Fiero posts off the pages into infinity. If you can't decide what is best for YOU, then you should not be on this forum.....you should be seeing a psychologist. By the way, this will get a lot of negative attention I'm sure but just to let you know, the last time I voiced my opinion, I received about 40 Pm's agreeing. For those of you that agree, post here....not on my email.

[This message has been edited by drumwzrd (edited 08-26-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post08-26-2007 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
9 out of 10 people are sheeple.

Oh... Got a positive from me for the mere possibility of being that one in ten and having the bawls to put it out there.
dcfox

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2007 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dcfoxSend a Private Message to dcfoxDirect Link to This Post
I'd guess that the majority of people in this world are insecure and seeking approval.
Thus...the questions abound.

I've been guilty of a similar post...asking about seat options...but my reasons weren't to ask which seats I should buy...but asking if anyone had had any issues that would make me shy away from a certain brand.
I'd say questions along this line are a little more relevant than (like you stated)..."what color should I paint..." questions.

Like 84Bill stated...sheep.
Either that...or Lemmings...following what others are doing to be accepted.
We are living in a "me too" world.

------------------
--David

Black '86 GT-under construction
Silver '87 GT-daily driver

Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2007 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
I'm with you for most of your point, but I also understand that some just like to chat with others, and since the live chat is not very full most of the time, they use the forum like a huge chat room - which is OK with me.

The way it is now, if there is a "chat" I want to be involved with, I won't miss it because it will be sitting there waiting somewhere down the list of posts.

What's important to one is not always important to all. Just like this thread. Some will say you bumped their important thread off the page to post this, so why fight it?

You have an opinion and I just joined your chat. That's part of the reason for this forum, which RULES all others, by the way!

evelyn dick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2007 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for evelyn dickSend a Private Message to evelyn dickDirect Link to This Post
Don't upset the herd!

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-26-2007 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Saxman:
What's important to one is not always important to all. Just like this thread. Some will say you bumped their important thread off the page to post this, so why fight it?

I agree and I would suggest ludes or some other form of drug induced stupor to dull the pain but Phranc and Uaana will be quick to add "pusher and dope dealer" to the list of my online perceptions.

On and my 9 out of 10 are sheeple is very very very optomistic. But then again here I am bumping up this thread... I needa beer.
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2007 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Creating a thread about making a change to a car is sometimes more than just not being able to decide, it's a ways to stay connected with the people who appreciate what they're trying to do. Often times the people in our lives don't have the same amount of interest in what we're trying to do as the people who belong to this forum. One of the great things about being a part of this community is that you get input from people that know them, or some ideas that might not have been realized on their own.

There are a lot of members who have great ideas, there are members who have found something unique (like a steering wheel or hood vent let's say) that wouldn't be found easily by doing a simple search. Also, in giving these ideas, members can give input about the pros and cons of a particular idea that might not have been foreseen by the person looking to do something and saves them the trouble of having to find out on their own.

There are lots of good reasons for posting a question about what to do. The sense of being a part of a community that helped to make a decision gives a lot of people the confidence to go forward with an important decision as well as a certain amount of validation that what they want to do is worth while. People do things like this all the time- you've never asked someone what they thought about a pair of shoes, or a shirt, a ring, hat... not much different. Show me a person who never asks the opinion of others and I'll show you a person who has a closed mind.

[This message has been edited by F-I-E-R-O (edited 08-26-2007).]

WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post08-26-2007 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:
People do things like this all the time- you've never asked someone what they thought about a pair of shoes, or a shirt, a ring, hat... not much different.

Not since I got a penis.

What I think is even more pathetic is people who get pissy and make weepy threads about how they're leaving the forum because their thread about what color to paint their car didn't get enough replies. True story.
drumwzrd

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-26-2007 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drumwzrdSend a Private Message to drumwzrdDirect Link to This Post

Show me a person who never asks the opinion of others and I'll show you a person who has a closed mind.

I guess my mind is closed. I don't ask others opinion. I do what I think will look best and what makes me happy...then post it for others to see.

Oh and by the way, this is what I'm talking about. This is currently a topic.....if it goes on my car for the next 10 or 20 years, I'll decide what it says, not the forum.

Originally posted by Carver1:

I am applying for personalized plates shortly, and wanted to get some other ideas. What do you think of these?

4RE SUX

NOTA4RE

LQQK MA

TOO 80S

CNYNCVR

3M TA3

[This message has been edited by drumwzrd (edited 08-26-2007).]

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-26-2007 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by drumwzrd:
I guess my mind is closed. I don't ask others opinion. I do what I think will look best and what makes me happy...then post it for others to see.

NO! You must be a follower of the collective with approval of the majority of the collective or you will be an outcast....... and you will make people stop liking you, just ask Hugh.

Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2007 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WhiteDevil88:
Not since I got a penis.

When did you get it? What did you have before? Who did you get it from?
PFF
System Bot
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-26-2007 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
Nice one, Taz.
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2007 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, I couldn't resist...plus it is late and I am a bit ...
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2007 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Not since I got a penis.

The only problem, now that you've got one, is not being able to see it...
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-26-2007 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
I'm sorry that you have that issue.

[This message has been edited by WhiteDevil88 (edited 08-26-2007).]

drumwzrd

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-26-2007 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drumwzrdSend a Private Message to drumwzrdDirect Link to This Post
What have I started???????????
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-26-2007 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

What have I started???????????

A thread in T O/T JUst wait till page 3!!!
kinboyatuwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2007 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kinboyatuwoSend a Private Message to kinboyatuwoDirect Link to This Post
I could care less. I check the posts for the last day or 2 and you have to wade through some. The only thing I care about is putting it in the right area i.e. T&D vs Chat vs off topic
Its the internet, its crowded and 60% useless.
I remember the days when there were very few people on here and I PREFER more with some off topic banter and questions than a couple hundred with less ideas and opinions.

But wait....this topic is it not just your opinion seeking the opinions of others? Can't decide...seeking approval?
But hey it's the internet ask away!

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2007 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

I guess my mind is closed.

Not true...

I'd like to know why ...

I'm sorry that you have that issue.

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-26-2007 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Why would you want to see it?
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2007 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Should read:

The only problem, now that you've got one, is your not being able to see it...
PFF
System Bot
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-26-2007 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Should read:

The only problem, now that you've got one, is your not being able to see it...

Right... it's cool dude. Just dont expect to have your landscaping done by the Garden Guy thats all.

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 08-26-2007).]

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2007 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84Bill:
Right... it's cool dude. Just dont expect to have your landscaping done by the Garden Guy thats all.

Holy crap man! How long have you had THAT in the back of your head waiting to use it?
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-26-2007 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Holy crap man! How long have you had THAT in the back of your head waiting to use it?

LOL
It's a genetic disorder called photographic memory... Photographic memory is a rare element that is found in less than 10% of the population.
evelyn dick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2007 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for evelyn dickSend a Private Message to evelyn dickDirect Link to This Post
Whew! Not bad... I expected to wake up and find this one in the trash bin for sure.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2007 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
But I really wanted to paint my car snot green.
Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2007 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

But I really wanted to paint my car snot green.

You say that like it's a bad thing...

Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2007 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
So some people like to gather input and feedback when they are making decisions. Not sure why that is such a problem. There are so many posts here on a daily basis, threads are bound to bounce off the first page regardless.

Seriously... these people are not necessarily sheeple, or unable to make a decision. They already have an idea of what they want, and are seeking the viewpoint of others to help them make their own decision. I don't see much of a problem with that. It's cool... it is just how those people make decisions on these sorts of things.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2007 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

...For those of you that agree, post here...

And those of us who don't agree..?

Lighten up, Francis.
Personally, I think posts like the one you're complaining about can become quite entertaining.

Aside from that... what makes your post, (or my post or anybody's post for that matter) so much more important than anybody else's? It's not like it bumped a bunch of technical discussion to the 2nd page. And even if it did...

So... I haven't even looked. How many views/replies has the thread that you're whining about gotten?
That's the true test of whether it was worthwhile.
(Of course, by you posting this little tantrum, it's guaranteed to get a few more. Nice move!)

By the way... The "opinion" threads have been useful to me.
A while back, I was considering painting my red coupe (in my sig) "Petty (like Richard) Blue".
The total lack of response to the post (most people hate to say something sucks - they would rather just not say anything) convinced me of what an insipidly bad idea that it was. In retrospect, I agree.

------------------
Raydar
88 4.9 Formula IMSA Fasback..........................88 3.4 coupe -soon to be something other than red

Read Nealz Nuze! Praise the Lowered!

User00013170

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post08-26-2007 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84Bill:

9 out of 10 people are sheeple.

Oh... Got a positive from me for the mere possibility of being that one in ten and having the bawls to put it out there.

More like 99999 out of 100000. The percentage of people that can think for themselves is pretty small.
User00013170

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post08-26-2007 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

User00013170

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by Raydar:

And those of us who don't agree..?

Lighten up, Francis.
Personally, I think posts like the one you're complaining about can become quite entertaining.

Aside from that... what makes your post, (or my post or anybody's post for that matter) so much more important than anybody else's? It's not like it bumped a bunch of technical discussion to the 2nd page. And even if it did...

So... I haven't even looked. How many views/replies has the thread that you're whining about gotten?
That's the true test of whether it was worthwhile.
(Of course, by you posting this little tantrum, it's guaranteed to get a few more. Nice move!)

By the way... The "opinion" threads have been useful to me.
A while back, I was considering painting my red coupe (in my sig) "Petty (like Richard) Blue".
The total lack of response to the post (most people hate to say something sucks - they would rather just not say anything) convinced me of what an insipidly bad idea that it was. In retrospect, I agree.

But its YOUR car, who cares what others like or dislike? Its what YOU like that matters.

Now, asking for examples to compare is ok...
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2007 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by User00013170:

But its YOUR car, who cares what others like or dislike? Its what YOU like that matters.

Because sometimes people are too close to their own situation to think objectively.
Sometimes they recognize this, and decide to ask. No harm done.

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-26-2007 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by User00013170:

Hey from what I understand HOT PINK is the new black.... Maybe we sould make a collective suggestion.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2007 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
I was going to ask people if this thread needs:

• To remain open
  • To be closed
  • To be deleted
  • To be transferred to The Trash Can

But, since there are a whole bunch of people that get their panties in a bunch when you ask others what to do, I've decided on my own to close this thread.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock