Started on: 04-05-2007 02:04 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: fierofetish on 04-26-2007 08:20 AM
fierofetish

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post04-05-2007 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post

14 hours work!! Non stop!! The 'leaves' features were purchased as is,(I know how to make them now )the rest I made..the scrolls courtesy of the steel bender/folder/guillotine, which arrived on Sunday.
Too much rain to paint them today..hopefully tomorrow will be better
Nick
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2007 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
AWESOME STUFF!

FieroAurora

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2007 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroAuroraSend a Private Message to FieroAuroraDirect Link to This Post
wow thats really nice!
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2007 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
The boys got skills!!!

Tugboat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2007 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TugboatSend a Private Message to TugboatDirect Link to This Post
Looks good!

I'm setting up a small forge, I want to learn to make things like hinges, latches, and maybe even some locks. Of course I'll be able to make tools like chisels and punches and the odd knife or two. I don't really want to get into knife making but more decorative iron work.

Good Luck!
DtheC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2007 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post
Very Nice. What is the intended use? Window covers? Fireplace screens? I'm trying to figure out the grill's at the bottom.
Keep track of your fingers, around your new toy. I've seen too many accidents involving hands. Usualy people are real carefull around 'new' tools, it's when people get familiar with things they get complacent and just forget to be carefull.
I'd hate to hear what an 8 fingered 'Elvis' would sound like.

------------------
Ol' Paint, 88 Base coupe auto.
Turning white on top, like owner.
Leaks a little, like owner.
Doesn't smoke, unlike owner

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-06-2007 04:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the appreciation!!
DtheC: it is going to be used as two gates in a driveway..mostly decorative, but the grill at the bottom is to stop 2 smallish dogs getting through, but still look 'nice'. I have tried them out with my two small dogs, and they can't get through.
As to the machine..it has a finger guard built in, and it is not removable..so no danger of losing a finger or two.I always clamp materials I am cutting anyway, so my hands are never exposed to danger..without them, or my fingers, I would be useless, so I am ULTRA careful. Having worked with lathes, guillotines etc all my life, I have built-in respect for anything mechanical (including people!! ), but thanks for the thoughtful advice, it is appreciated!
Nick

Originally posted by DtheC:

Very Nice. What is the intended use? Window covers? Fireplace screens? I'm trying to figure out the grill's at the bottom.
Keep track of your fingers, around your new toy. I've seen too many accidents involving hands. Usualy people are real carefull around 'new' tools, it's when people get familiar with things they get complacent and just forget to be carefull.
I'd hate to hear what an 8 fingered 'Elvis' would sound like.

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2007 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Cool job,

You finally got the new toy YAY !

Like posted, be careful. I can remember all my high school shop teachers were missing at least one finger. I think it was a requirement to become a shop teacher.

Speaking of new toys, did your new fiddle arrive yet? You may yet be missing important body parts,by Ellie, when that arrives, .

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 04-06-2007).]

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-26-2007 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Well here they are, weeks later, finished and painted...still waiting to be collected, and paid for

Nick
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2007 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Whoa, very very nice.

Originally posted by fierofetish:
14 hours work!! Non stop!!

Is it a labor of love or love of labor?
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-26-2007 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
A bit of both cliffw, with a healthy helping of Fiscal requirements being the MAJOR driving force Shame, really...could have just taken my time, as it turns out He needed them urgently, so I obliged..didn't realise 'urgently' meant several weeks later!! Hehehehe!!
Nick

Originally posted by cliffw:

Whoa, very very nice.
Is it a labor of love or love of labor?

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave