Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Father knocks toddler unconscious and leaves her in sub-zero weather.

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Father knocks toddler unconscious and leaves her in sub-zero weather. by Synthesis
Started on: 02-08-2007 07:41 PM
Replies: 33
Last post by: Vonov on 02-10-2007 04:35 PM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Reading this HURT me.. It makes me angry, but more, it HURTS me deep down to my core. I started crying while reading this, and right now, my chest hurts like I lost a loved one...

I have 3 children of my own.. I love them all very much. How could ANYONE do this? (Bold, Italicized words are for emphasis, but are word for word.)

Toddler's body found frozen 10 minutes from home.

PITTSBURGH, Pennsylvania (AP) -- A man angry his toddler daughter wouldn't go to bed knocked her unconscious and left her to die outside in single-digit temperatures, police said.

The frozen body of Nyia Miangel Page, who was about to turn 2, was found Sunday at an abandoned playground about a 10-minute walk from the family's home.

Tiny footprints in the snow suggest she had gotten up and wandered around before she died, police said.

Her father, William Lorenzo Page, 23, of Braddock, was arrested Wednesday on charges of criminal homicide, kidnapping, false reports and simple assault.

He has been in custody since Sunday, when he was charged with sexually abusing another child shortly before Nyia died.

Page, who did not have an attorney at his arraignment Thursday morning, was jailed without bond.

Page told police he woke up early Saturday and found the girl awake and playing near a mirror in the hallway, according to a criminal complaint filed Wednesday night. He said he got angry when the girl wouldn't go back to bed and he hit her so hard she lost consciousness, the complaint said.

Police said Page told them he took the girl outside wrapped in a blanket and left her, still breathing, beside railroad tracks near a bridge.

Police said a T-shirt, a pair of women's underwear and a Pittsburgh Steelers "Terrible Towel," all found in Page's basement, appeared to have bloodstains.

An autopsy determined Nyia died of hypothermia, but the Allegheny County medical examiner ruled the death a homicide because investigators said it was unreasonable to assume the child had made it alone to the playground, which is on a wooded knoll.

The toddler would need to have climbed 17 snowy steps to get there.

Authorities could only guess how long Nyia, wearing only a sweater and a diaper, could have survived in temperatures that hovered around 2 degrees Saturday morning.

"Given her size, she would have been rendered incapacitated very quickly," Allegheny County Medical Examiner Karl E. Williams said Thursday. "She'd been out so long, when we found her she was frozen."

A witness saw Page enter his house Saturday morning from the direction where his daughter was found, police said.

He was back out on the street about an hour later, saying he was looking for the girl and telling the witness, "Somebody took my daughter," according to a criminal complaint.

Nyia's mother told police she last saw the girl after Nyia tried to crawl into bed with her parents about 12:30 a.m. Saturday. The mother told police she put the youngster back into her own bed in an upstairs room.

Police, emergency crews and bloodhounds searched in 20-degree temperatures for most of two days before finding the little girl's body.

The sexual abuse charge against Page came as police investigated Nyia's disappearance.

Police said another child in the house told investigators that sometime overnight Friday, Page entered a bedroom, covered the child's mouth with one hand and touched the child's genitals with the other. The child said Page then left the room, followed by Nyia, police said.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
proff

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post
PUT HIM IN THE POLAR CAPS WITHOUT CLOTHING, FOOD, NOTHING AT ALL
AT -50 C
silversurfer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silversurferSend a Private Message to silversurferDirect Link to This Post
As a former bouncer I would love to be locked in a cell for 5 minutes with him.He'd wish he'd be given the death penalty.I'd snap his spine and leave him a quad.
Gecko

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

The frozen body of Nyia Miangel Page, who was about to turn 2, was found Sunday at an abandoned playground about a 10-minute walk from the family's home.

Police, emergency crews and bloodhounds searched in 20-degree temperatures for most of two days before finding the little girl's body.

Am I missing something here? Why did it take them 2 days to find the girls body if it was only 10mins away? (unless there was some large snowfall and she was buried?)

I too think its incredibly horrible that something like this happens. I have a feeling this guy won't be around for to long.
88 Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 FormulaSend a Private Message to 88 FormulaDirect Link to This Post
The police were going on the reported story of "she wandered away" not that an adult carried her away and dumped her in the snow. Huge difference between ground an adult can cover vs looking for how far a 2 yr old would go. Probably why dogs didn't track too, she DIDN"T walk away.

Worst part of the story was "tiny footprints in the snow" so you know she came to and was walking around in the cold alone. Plenty of nightmares for years to come for the responding police and paramedics.
FieroDiva

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroDivaSend a Private Message to FieroDivaDirect Link to This Post
I just read about this on my mommy forum. It makes me sick to think about parents who could do things like this to their kids. I know my kid can drive me up the wall sometimes, but I could never hurt her... GRRR...
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
I already though he was a sick bastard for killing his kid...

but ...
He has been in custody since Sunday, when he was charged with sexually abusing another child shortly before Nyia died.

isthiswhereiputausername?

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88 Formula:

Worst part of the story was "tiny footprints in the snow" so you know she came to and was walking around in the cold alone.

Yep.. that sick bastard should be casterated (no painkillers, dull can lid), legs and arms broken NUMEROUS times and floated out to sea on a iceburg.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
ok i'm not one to get sick after only reading a news story but this one almost buckled me to vomit... we need to stake this a_hole through the a$$ and leave him to die my being impaled!!!!!!!!!! a few of these and you know darn well you will never read another story like this again.
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Send him to jail and put him in with the general population, they'll take care of the rest... Nothing that a rusty shank couldn't take care of.

------------------
Please visit My Fiero Store & My Fiero Store 2!

RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroDirect Link to This Post
Sadly this happen where I lived. Here in Pittsburgh. He was a also a child molester, and I believe that they mentioned when they were investigating this they discovered he had molested the 6 year old. I am willing to bet he had a previous history of some kind. But, all honesty the location, the area, is very prone to child being abused and subject to all kinds of violence. Just as any impoverished area is, the effects of poverty and disintegration of family has lead to quite a social mess.

I dont believe this man will enjoy prison life. From my understanding child abusers, or child murderers, are targetted by other immates.

------------------
87 Fiero GT (3.2 Turbo)
E-mail: david88@peoplepc.com
www.angelfire.com/pa5/davidfiero/

PFF
System Bot
Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 05:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Poor little kid...I'm not sure which is more sickening, the thought of a grown man knocking a little kid unconscious, or the picture in my mind of that little girl wandering in the snow, shivering and crying herself to a sleep from which she will never awake.

Dear merciful God, let her be warm, safe, and loved for the rest of eternity...and let her forget this place of sorrow.

Words fail me.
sostock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 05:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post
i'm an athiest, but if there is a hell..i hope the reserve a special place for bastards like this.
AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 06:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
He doesn't deserve to die. He deserves life in prison and the other prisoners allowed to ge to him every single day.
What a bastard.
Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 06:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Maybe we can turn him loose in Fallujah, with a "Mohammed Sucks Pig Gonads" T-shirt superglued on him. I'd personally like to see him featured as the star attraction in an Al-Quaida beheading video.

[This message has been edited by Vonov (edited 02-09-2007).]

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
or maybe something as primitive as putting him in the kkk outfit and dropping him off either in harlem or L.A. not sure where we would get the supplies but i'm sure a few members of the government has some in thier closet.
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
http://www.bofunk.com/video/406/human_pinata.html repeat for the next 100 years...
Patrick's Dad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick's DadClick Here to visit Patrick's Dad's HomePageSend a Private Message to Patrick's DadDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vonov:

Poor little kid...I'm not sure which is more sickening, the thought of a grown man knocking a little kid unconscious, or the picture in my mind of that little girl wandering in the snow, shivering and crying herself to a sleep from which she will never awake....

The latter, definitely. My 18 month old daughter is sitting here right next to me, with my three year old son in the background. They drive their parents crazy, constantly, as do their older siblings (six and ten). Last night was the first night in over a week that I didn't find the baby in bed with us. I have been known to redden a behind of two over my career as a parent, but I can't fathom hitting a child anywhere (much less the head) with "adult" strength.

Thos of you without children may or may not understand, but even with my ten year old, as I yell at him about being responsible and such, is still the little boy that I held, crying and thanking God for ten and a half years ago. I can't stop seeing him as he was when he was a toddler. There's a picture of me that my wife took. I had spent a futile two hours trying to get my father in law's lawn mower started (under his supervision). When I had had enough, I went in, and found that my boy was asleep on the couch. I put my arms around him and fell asleep with him. We now have pictures of me asleep with each of the kids.

There is a similar story playing out here, south of Boston:

http://www.southofboston.co...ines/news/news01.txt

A four year old girl was found dead in her home on Dec 13 2006. Last week, her parents were arrested for the murder, after investigators found that they had been overmedicating their daughter. One of the medications, for hypertension, is not FDA approved for children. The family was already under investigation by DSS for other matters (The father had molested the 13 year old stepdaughter and was not supposed to be living in the house). There are so many "why?"s, I can't keep track of them anymore. The big one is why could this couple go to sleep with their four year old barely able to breate, vomiting and coughing next to their bed?

Makes me sick. All of these stories. I know that these children, and all children killed before their time, are in heaven, in His warm and comforting arms, never to worry or be scared or in pain again. Hell for the perpetrators should be the constant repetition (for eternity) of the suffering that their victims endured in the final minutes of their small lives.
intlcutlass

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for intlcutlassSend a Private Message to intlcutlassDirect Link to This Post
I am outraged.

Your kids are your single biggest gift, and to tourcher your child like that, a way in which most people would agree is a terrible way to die.

I cannot think of a punishment severe enough. I would want it to be long and painfull, and resulting in death.

Fastkx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastkxSend a Private Message to FastkxDirect Link to This Post
After trying to 3 years to have a child and finally being blessed with a wonderful son I just got sick reading this. I have faith that God sent his angels to be with this little child and comfort her and bring her home to him.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick's Dad:
We now have pictures of me asleep with each of the kids.

Yep.. A few weeks ago, my 4yearold wanted me to snuggle for a few minutes one night.. An hour later, my wife woke me up and then informed me she took a picture.. Both of us were out like a light and she now has a picture of me sleeping with a Dora comforter over me and a princess pillow LOL

PFF
System Bot
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
Oh My God - Stab him in the eyes with a spoon.
intlcutlass

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for intlcutlassSend a Private Message to intlcutlassDirect Link to This Post
I can't get this story outta my head.

I am very near crying thinking about the kid walking, half clothed, in the snow, crying, and scared in the dark looking for someong to help her.

I can't think of any worse feeling. That is my ultimate hell.

[This message has been edited by intlcutlass (edited 02-09-2007).]

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by intlcutlass:

I am very near crying thinking about the kid walking, half clothed, in the snow, crying, and scared in the dark looking for someong to help her.

I can't think of any worse feeling. That is my ultimate hell.

That is the same thought in my head.

A few years back, when I was 18, I had a nightmare about my baby sister, aged 3...

I dreamed she was alone in the house. Noone knew she was there. Me, my family, everyone except her was gone. She was alone, and noone was coming for her...

As strange as it sounds, what really triggered the panic response that woke me up, was her digging in the fridge for something to eat. Not knowing that the food would not last. That noone would be there for her.
Her all alone.
It is an indescribable hurt. The kind that feels like a punch to the chest. Hard to breath, tightness. The feeling that you want to cry, but can't...

I can only imaging what his little girl went through. Waking up, her head hurting, being very cold. Lost, alone, scared...

Crying..

Laying down in the snow to go to sleep because she was so tired and starting to feel warm...

It hurts.
intlcutlass

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for intlcutlassSend a Private Message to intlcutlassDirect Link to This Post
I am a father of 2

Ryan --he's seven

Sean- He going to be three

They are the best little boys, and I love them with all that I have and all that I am.

So when I put myself in that childs place, who probably loved her mom and dad no matter what, only to have her OWN PARENTS sh1t all over her, I am speechless. Yes, it's an indescribable hurt. I hope that man dies athousand deaths, in the worst pain that there is. The thought of her wondering around in the snow with no shoes, and literaly freezing to death, makes me want to become a vigilante.

It's supposed to be an unconditional love you have with your children. I seriously need a puching bag to go work over, then hug my kids. They will probably ask me why I'm crying, and I won't know what to say.

[This message has been edited by intlcutlass (edited 02-09-2007).]

Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to have to try very hard not to think about this when I go to work tonight. It would be a very bad thing for anyone I encountered endangering a child. Mine is 60 miles from me this evening and I want very badly to hug her.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vonov:

I'm going to have to try very hard not to think about this when I go to work tonight. It would be a very bad thing for anyone I encountered endangering a child. Mine is 60 miles from me this evening and I want very badly to hug her.

Sounds like a good reason for a roadtrip next day your off

motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post
I'm at a loss, I'm not a parent and I find this completly horrifiying.

Two things I know and or hope.

Make the punishment fit the crime.

and hope that there is an especialy hot place in hell for this a--hole.

Joe
Patrick's Dad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick's DadClick Here to visit Patrick's Dad's HomePageSend a Private Message to Patrick's DadDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by intlcutlass:

Same here, same thoughts.

Patrick: 10 1/2, wants to pitch for the Red Sox, just got asked to play Saxophone in the honors band (with many high schoolers), getting the feel for the skateboard, took it upon himself to read the Bible from cover to cover (he's in Romans).

Anna: Soon to be 7. Daddy's princess. Already changes outfits two to three times a day.... Draws me pictures that I put under the liner on my desk at work. Most say "I love you Daddy"

Joshua: 3, loves to play "Hut, hut, hike!" in which if he crosses the "line of scrimmage" when I say hike, he can't budge me, but when he waits 'till I say "Hike!" he sacks the QB. A little tough guy with a heart of gold. Calls his little sister his "baby sweetheart."

Breena: 18 months. She is the one I look at when I think of this story. Wears the name "Brat Girl" as a badge of honor. Loves to roughhouse with the boys, but is such a little girly girl. Nothing like hearing her say, "Daddy!"

I got home too late to hug them; they were all asleep but Patrick, to whom I had to give a lecture because of his behavior in class. A special prayer will be said tonight for all children. I don't know what else to do.

I don't know where else to go with this. The whole story is beyond what I think that I am capable of - what any human being should be capable of. My younges has woken us up in the middle of the night for over a week. I still can't figure this out, and I'm sure that I won't be able to.
Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 04:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
I believe words attributed to Christ himself say it best:

"It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones."

Luke, Chapter 17, verse two...

There WILL someday be a reckoning...I expect he will find that his eternal residence will be in one of the more, uh, tropical regions of Hell...
IEatRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 06:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IEatRiceSend a Private Message to IEatRiceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sostock:
i'm an athiest, but if there is a hell..i hope the reserve a special place for bastards like this.

There is. People who talk at the theater also go there.
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by IEatRice:

There is. People who talk at the theater also go there.

Finaly justice!!

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
I have a 23 month old... march11th he will be 2 years old. rightafter reading this i hugged the porcelain godess for about 5 minutes and then hugged my son for a little while all while think WTF? how could somebody do that? there is a video out there of whatshould happen to this guy. Problem is that it is soooo graphic i can't post it here. lets just say it would be the most painful death i can think of.
Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

I have a 23 month old... march11th he will be 2 years old. rightafter reading this i hugged the porcelain godess for about 5 minutes and then hugged my son for a little while all while think WTF? how could somebody do that? there is a video out there of whatshould happen to this guy. Problem is that it is soooo graphic i can't post it here. lets just say it would be the most painful death i can think of.

I'll bring the matches...can you say, "Joan of Arc"? You could consider it "preheating", if you catch my drift...

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock