Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  SUPER BOWL PICK!! IT'S ALMOST GAME TIME!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

SUPER BOWL PICK!! IT'S ALMOST GAME TIME! by firstfiero
Started on: 02-04-2007 09:16 AM
Replies: 36
Last post by: firstfiero on 02-05-2007 05:24 PM
firstfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 172
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroDirect Link to This Post
Pick your winner here!!

I like the colts 24-21. viniteri kicks another game winner!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

------------------
Ron
Land of the Free because of the Brave. Most gave some, some gave all. Some ran the other way.

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
Colts - My girlfriend will kill me if I hope otherwise. . .

(and I'm a pats fan )
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post02-04-2007 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post
What is a 'super bowl pick'.. and what does it have to do with bears and horses?
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
I want Chicago to win, but I think Indianapolis will win. It depends on which Grossman shows up, and which Colts defense shows up.
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
Bears by 10.

C ount
O n
L osing
T he
S uperbowl

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 02-04-2007).]

jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
I'm with Oreif.

No offense to any Colts fans, but IMHO they're pretenders and da Bears are going to take them to the woodshed and show them the error of their ways.

I'm actually just glad there are a couple of midwest teams in the Superbowl, although not having an east or west coast team involved has sure killed the media hype.

John Stricker
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
Rex Grossman
+
Pressure
=
Bowl of Pudding

Colts win
Iron_Mark_2003

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Iron_Mark_2003Send a Private Message to Iron_Mark_2003Direct Link to This Post
Bears baby! Bringing back the glory of the 85 bears! 21 years, bout damn time! Peyton Manning sucks!
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
Bears by 7

(That's what Vegas says, anyways...)
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jstricker:

I'm actually just glad there are a couple of midwest teams in the Superbowl, although not having an east or west coast team involved has sure killed the media hype.

Come to Chicago if you want to see the hype; as far as I can tell by the local newscasts this past week there is nothing going in politics, Iraq, etc.

Nationally, yeah, after two consecutive all-midwest World Series' and now a midwest Super Bowl.... they've probably got the hype turned down to "low".

PFF
System Bot
firstfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

Bears by 7

(That's what Vegas says, anyways...)

ahhh..no... thats not what vegas is saying.The bears are getting 7 which means vegas thinks the colts will win by 7. Thanks for playing though.
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
Superbowl fun facts:

The Cowboys and Stelers account for 1/4 of all Superbowl Victories and more than 1/3 of all Superbowl appearances.

Cost of the Vince Lombardi Trophy: $12,000.

The Super Bowl, which consistently draws ratings above 40, had its lowest rating during Super Bowl III

Largest margin of victory in a Superbowl was 45 points when the 49ers beat Denver 55-10 in SB24, Second largest was SB20 when da Bears beat New England by 36 points, 46-10.

Most turnovers in an SB is 9, Buffalo turned over the ball to Dallas in SB27 resulting in a slurry of points allowing Dallas to post the second highest point total in SB history with 52

The fewest passes completed in a SB by BOTH teams was just 4! Maimi and Washington in SB17 ground it out in the trenches all day.

Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post
Jets by 3!

I got great odds
fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 158
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeDirect Link to This Post
Bears....and Brian Urlacher as the MVP.
Tammykos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TammykosClick Here to visit Tammykos's HomePageSend a Private Message to TammykosDirect Link to This Post
I'll be cheering on the Bears, just cuz I like saying "Dah Bears!". Don't actually really care about the game, but I won't ever turn down a party with free food & drinks. I'll be more interesting in the commercials.
wanobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wanobiSend a Private Message to wanobiDirect Link to This Post
Bears by 3... I think Manning is gonna have fits with the Bears D-line. There won't be a running game for them. Little Ricky Manning jr is chomping at the bit to intercept Peyton.Urlacher will be giving Peyton fits all day long, the man is everywhere on the field.
Phranc

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
User Banned

Report this Post02-04-2007 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancDirect Link to This Post
Da Bears.

Puckhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PuckheadSend a Private Message to PuckheadDirect Link to This Post
I'll be the first to step off the ledge......

Colts 45 (hehe yea)
Bears 7

We're talking Rex Friggin' Grossman here......

and don't underestimate the Colt's defense

Peyton Manning got the monkey off his back beating the Pats, and then loses THIS game.......NO WAY!
jetman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 273
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post
Upset,,,,, Miller Lite over Budwiser, Coke over Pepsi.
I actually think that they should limit the bowl commercials to never seen before new ones too, my .02 cents.

Oh yeah, if its a defensive battle Bears, if an offensive explosion occurs then the Colts look likely to win.

I just hope its an entertaining game, these two weeks off seem to "ice" the teams somewhat along with giving the defensive coaches alot of time to work with.

never2old

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for never2oldSend a Private Message to never2oldDirect Link to This Post
If it gets boring you can always go to the Animal Planet Show.
They have dogs and cats doing nothing for hours.
I emailed them and told them to put on Chimpanzees { like the ones that so the commercials}
I would be very tempted to spend the whole game there.
PFF
System Bot
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post
Bears.

A lot of people are overlooking Devin Hester against the pathetic Colts special teams.

I see a 10 point Bears win with Hester getting the MVP. Not even the overrated Urlacher will be able to bump him out of it
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
Good luck to all, with the 49ers out of the mix I don't have a horse in the race.

But statistically the Bears are doomed.

Since the merger in 1970 the NFC Central has been to just 18 NFC Championship Games (Versus 28 for both the NFC West and East - assume all teams are still in their pre-2002 divisions)

In those 18 Games they lost 10 and won just 8.

Of those 8 SuperBowl Appearances they won just 3

Also, the NFC has won just 2 of the last 10 SuperBowls

Grossman 73.4 passer rating with 20 INTs to 23 TDs

vs

Peyton 101 passer rating with just 9 INTs to 31 TDs

Not a single Bear has more than 6 TDs this year, Colts have 3 players with more than 6

The Bears are the 63rd ranked offense out of 82 to reach a SuperBowl, Colts are 21st ranked out of 82.

Both teams are way down on the defensive side, 48th ranked Bears and 71st ranked Colts.

Bears have only won twice in Miami in their entire history, both times in OT by just 3 points.

The Colts have won 10 times in Miami, often by wide margins.

[This message has been edited by Toddster (edited 02-04-2007).]

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
bears 28-14

edit: can somebody post the results on this page as i will not be watching. thanks!

[This message has been edited by Finally_Mine_86_GT (edited 02-04-2007).]

greengoblin0129

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Direct Link to This Post
GO COLTS!!!

ig88vsbobafett

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ig88vsbobafettSend a Private Message to ig88vsbobafettDirect Link to This Post
Colts 28 Bears 17
Phranc

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
User Banned

Report this Post02-04-2007 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancDirect Link to This Post
Its been 20 min. and I'm allrrady sick of the ads.
ig88vsbobafett

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ig88vsbobafettSend a Private Message to ig88vsbobafettDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ig88vsbobafett:

Colts 28 Bears 17

Boy i was close 1 point off
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Manning, MVP, now give the man the respect he has earned.
The Colts played well enough as a team to win in a significant manner. Good team defense and offense. Bears really never played well IMO, though that first possession was interesting.

------------------
Ron
Land of the Free because of the Brave. Most gave some, some gave all. Some ran the other way.

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
Let's not forget to give a little credit to the Bears. They did their best to make it a good show.

They really didn't belong on the field. Not since Atlanta in 1998 was a team playing so above their capacity for so long. That's teh crappy thing about odds, they always catch-up to you.

I'm glad to see Manning get his trophy.

Now back to matter of recapturing 49er dominance!
jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2007 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
The Bears Defense did, that's for sure.

I was having flashbacks to the KC Chiefs game against the Colts in the first playoff game where the Defense at least made an appearance and the offense phoned it in.

BUT, I'll give credit to the Colt's defense. They looked like crap all year long but once the playoffs got here, they stepped up and played ball. Peyton Manning is quite probably the only field general in the NFL that's left since Green had his concussion, and the Colts O Line did a good job of protection.

At least is wasn't a TERRIBLE game, something that was worth watching. Really, the Bears were still in it with about 5 minutes or so, so it was entertaining to watch.

John Stricker

Originally posted by Toddster:

Let's not forget to give a little credit to the Bears. They did their best to make it a good show.

They really didn't belong on the field. Not since Atlanta in 1998 was a team playing so above their capacity for so long. That's teh crappy thing about odds, they always catch-up to you.

I'm glad to see Manning get his trophy.

Now back to matter of recapturing 49er dominance!

PFF
System Bot
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2007 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ig88vsbobafett:

Boy i was close 1 point off

Not bad!

Steve Normington

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2007 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steve NormingtonSend a Private Message to Steve NormingtonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Black88GT:
A lot of people are overlooking Devin Hester against the pathetic Colts special teams.

I think this deserves highlighting.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2007 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
I gotta ask if we (at the party I went to) were the only ones that asked "Prince halftime show...WTF???"
Jermz238

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2007 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jermz238Send a Private Message to Jermz238Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

I gotta ask if we (at the party I went to) were the only ones that asked "Prince halftime show...WTF???"

i like prince, not sure why he played a foo fighters song, but yeah
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2007 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

Hearing Prince sing Proud Mary definitely puckered my bung hole. There is just something unholy about that.
firstfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2007 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroDirect Link to This Post
I'm not a huge rince fan..but that was the best half time show I've seen in a long time.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock