Started on: 01-31-2007 11:42 AM
Replies: 8
Last post by: Phaeton on 02-02-2007 12:04 AM
DRA

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2007 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DRAClick Here to visit DRA's HomePageSend a Private Message to DRADirect Link to This Post
Got a call from Emory in Atlanta and the company that makes the most expensive med I have to take is going to send me vouchers so I pay nothing for it.
Was a little on the downside when I got up today, didn't sleep well, so this helped raise my spirits a little. Have been concerned that eventually I would not be able to find samples of that med and had no idea how I was gonna pay for it among other things.
Trying to keep that smile and positive attitude intact!

------------------
Don't take life too seriously -- you'll never get out if it alive.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2007 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DRA:
Trying to keep that smile and positive attitude intact!

No doubt that news will help. Congrats.
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2007 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
Saweeet!!

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

Relax! You've managed to suck all of the fun out of the room.

tutnkmn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2007 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post
Excellent news!

At least someone is having a good day.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2007 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Excellent!
I felt certain that you weren't going to be left hanging. I'm happy to hear that they are going to help.
Nice to see that they have priorities other than making profits.
86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2007 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Nice to see that they have priorities other than making profits.

Are you kidding, they probably make it for $0.23 a dose, and sell it for $5. So what they are probably going to do is claim the full retail price as a charitable deduction and actualy end up making money off the deal.
DRA

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2007 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRAClick Here to visit DRA's HomePageSend a Private Message to DRADirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86GT3.4DOHC:

Are you kidding, they probably make it for $0.23 a dose, and sell it for $5. So what they are probably going to do is claim the full retail price as a charitable deduction and actualy end up making money off the deal.

I kind of understand the reasoning behind the pricing of new drugs. They have a limited time to recoupe development, testing, and marketing costs before the drug goes generic and every other company can produce it and profit from their research. Once their monopoly on it ends and generic versions hit the shelves the cost of the drug usually plummets, not always the case but most of the time. WalMart has that $4 prescription thing going but that is not for ALL prescriptions. The one that is being taken care of for me was $140 a month when I was on 6.25mg twice a day, right now they have bumped me up to 12.5mg twice a day (COREG) so I assume it would have been close to or double the $140 a month. Right now, with absolutely no source of income $280 a month was looking pretty depressing and samples from local docs were getting harder and harder to round up.
But I am loosing focus here, basically I do realize that to develop new drugs costs money, and the developer has to somehow pay for that research and testing, so when you say it costs .23 to produce that may be true for the actual manufacturing cost (probably more like .023 per dose) but theres a lot that goes on before it ever gets to the manufacturing step.
wriott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2007 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wriottSend a Private Message to wriottDirect Link to This Post
i have a friend that is in charge of all the testing for Altana Pharma (based out of Germany) most of the drugs that are new today were actually developed a at least 15 years and some took 25 years to hit the market. some drugs that will have a huge impact in the medical field (such as a cure for cancer) they will speed it through the testing (7-10 years) the meds that i take for my headaches,imitrex, run the insurance $198.00 per pill and there are 8 of them in a packet and $240.00 per injection, the experimental med that i was on, veripermil, was costing ~$450.00 per pill. imitrex was in the 10s of billions of dollars in the research.
Phaeton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2007 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhaetonSend a Private Message to PhaetonDirect Link to This Post
The bill for my luvox went from $2/month to $600/month when medicaid changed. A local doctor got me six weeks worth of samples so I could taper off.
Some medications just aren't designed for the lower middle class. Luckily there are real humans mixed in with the corporate suits. Keeps things a little more real even when money is involved.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock