Started on: 01-26-2007 04:29 AM
Replies: 21
Last post by: fierofetish on 01-26-2007 08:28 PM
fierofetish

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post01-26-2007 04:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
The cause of many of my physical problems...and it all starts to make sense!! During the summer, Ellie and I work long hours away from home..and we feel healthy, and 'naturally' tired. Winter comes along..and we spend more time at home..and drink probably 20-25 cups of tea a day..each with 2-3 teaspoons of sugar...and we start to get aches and pains,headaches,put on weight,etc etc. and feel MORE tired in the morning, than when we went to bed!! Anybody Googled 'sugar-danger'? If you have unexplained high systolic blood pressure, pains, aches etc, and take a lot of sugar..read it. You might start to feel a LOT better! It is going to be hard to give up..probably as hard as giving up cigarrettes..but will let you know if things improve. But read it anyway, it is fascinating!! Just think..cigarettes and sugar and fat could be the cause of 90% of health problems I just woke up to reality!! I guess many know it already )
Nick

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 01-26-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Damien

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 05:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DamienSend a Private Message to DamienDirect Link to This Post
One word for you.....

SPLENDA!

Yeah, I know it's a bit pricey but it's worth it. I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes two years ago this May and I was devastated. Then along came my new best friend Splenda and life was great again (needle sticking not included)

Seriously tho, laying off the sugar was the best thing that happened to me I think. Thanks to having a physical job and cutting most sugars from my diet, I dropped a considerable amount of fat and put on a few extra pounds of muscle in only a couple months. Being thin by nature it was easier to notice but it doesn't take long when you have to go cold turkey And yes, you really do feel alot better when you watch what you eat. It certainly proves the old saying to be true... You get out what you put in

-Tim
86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
Hey, you're cool and all, but I told you not to call me that in pulic
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
OMG drink probably 20-25 cups of tea a day you must have one of those near by I mean when do you or how can you work on the Spitfire whithout use in it . All Am thinking is wow lol ..I would try to cut back some maybe to 10 cup a Day ..I never did try drinking tea in my Life ,am in Coffe to Maybe 2 a day if I go 3 am doom for the night And I only take two sugar and two white cream ....Now cut back lol

[This message has been edited by Newbfiero (edited 01-26-2007).]

Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
At 20-25 cups of tea per day (assuming you are awake for about 17 hrs. a day ,that's about one cup every 1hr 10 min.) I don't think that sugar is your only contributing factor.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-26-2007 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Hahaha!! Wish I had his suntan!! Hahaha!! No...we water the garden quite regularly, though!! Cut down today..4 cups!! No sugar...errrrch!!! Ah well..no smoking, no fatty foods (BACON!!!YUM!!), no sugar..Have lots more years to live..lots more years without the nice things in life..hmmmm..is it worth it? !!
Nick
Hey Phil!! Yes, it was stupid!! Ellie would want a cup of tea, and make me one too, and vice versa....and really, if she hadn't made it, I wouldn't have wanted one..
I love sweet things, but must cut down on it. Did you know smoking creates a desire for sugar???
Nick

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
20-25 cups of tea a day!!!!! OMG!

No wonder you are such a wacko!

-Mr. Normal
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
There's also caffien in that tea. My mom can directly associate her high blood pressure to caffien. She has a BP monitor, and uses it daily. Days where she consumes even the slightest amount of coffee her BP goes up.
tutnkmn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post
My Father was a big tea drinker after moving to England. My Mum would throw up if she even looked at tea!

I have a lot of respect for the dangers posed by sugar. Since my friend Felix came home from hospital I have been looking after him, including his diabetes. It is a real pain to manage, figuring out the right amount of insulin versus too much.

I personally cut back on sugar some time ago after my Mum and one of my sisters were diagnosed with diabetes (my Dad also had it toward the end of his life - double whammy). We have also cut extra salt from the diet last summer when my blood pressure was around 145/90

BP is down to 125/80 now (average).

[This message has been edited by tutnkmn (edited 01-26-2007).]

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-26-2007 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Oh THANKS, Tajiguy!! Hehehe!! No more tea?? I don't drink coffee ever..so I guess tea without sugar is eeeeeech!!..it must be back to just water...mmmmmmm..what is LEFT??No cigs, no tea, no sugar..no BACON..no cheese no eggs..no milk...just vegetables!! NICE!!..but, there is a compensating factor..LIFE!!
Hahaha!!
Nick
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
there are tea's you can get with no cafine and use splenda... there is not much of a difference. there is also another sugar substitute but i'll have to ask my diabetic father later. if your having trouble finding the no cafine tea let me know... we have a store here called "mother earth" they have a huge stock of it. they even have sweet teas that have no cafine.
PFF
System Bot
tutnkmn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofetish:

Oh THANKS, Tajiguy!! Hehehe!! No more tea?? I don't drink coffee ever..so I guess tea without sugar is eeeeeech!!..it must be back to just water...mmmmmmm..what is LEFT??No cigs, no tea, no sugar..no BACON..no cheese no eggs..no milk...just vegetables!! NICE!!..but, there is a compensating factor..LIFE!!
Hahaha!!
Nick

Careful of veggies Nick, carbohydrates and all..........what does that leave?

Baked fish?

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-26-2007 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
YAY!! We had steamed cod tonight..loverly!! Honest!! Steamed broccoli, boiled potatoes, and unsweetened natural yoghourt ..nice!!! I might just like to live healthily..hey..whats with veggies???Thought they were good for you?? ..so, fish it is..and loads and loads of strawberries, apples peaches and plums!!
Thanks GEorge!!
Hey, at least I am HAPPY again!!
Nick

tutnkmn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post

whats with veggies???Thought they were good for you??

To a certain extent, but even beans and corn carry more sugars and carbs than you'd think.

Look for the beans with high protein content, lima, peas, soup beans, legumes in general. Stay away from green beans and (God forbid I love them so) baked beans (especially on toast). Beans on toast has enough carbs to send you into diabetic tailspins.

Eat smart!

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-26-2007 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Baked beans? Tailspin? Never heard it called that beforeHAHAHA!!!
And this 'smart' you recommend, George..does it come in cans? !!
Sorry!! In a facetious mode !! I am beginning to think I should just stop worrying, and just...go with the flow
Nick
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Baked beans? Tailspin? Never heard it called that beforeHAHAHA!!!
And this 'smart' you recommend, George..does it come in cans? !!
Sorry!! In a facetious mode !! I am beginning to think I should just stop worrying, and just...go with the flow
Nick

Go with the flow, but 20 cups of tea a day is just looking for diabetic shock.

You can’t 40 teaspoons of sugar a day and expect not to have a sugar problem. I don’t like my coffee without 2 sugars but even then I don’t drink more than 3 or 4 at most coffees a day. Even here in the winter.

Even if you only cut your intake in half you will be better off.

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-26-2007 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Steve, it is like the social smoking/drinking problem..you end up taking a cigarette or drink you are offered, even if you wouldn't have normally wanted one if you were on your own!!(that's why Landlords of Pubs encourage buying a round of drinks...as often as possible ) I am now making a conscious effort to only drink tea when I REALLY want one, not because it is companionable (is that a word ??)
I am making a note of how many cups I drink every day, and controlling it...managed to get through only 6 cups today!!
Nick
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
Yeah even the lad that was on the toilet made a cut back hes not there no more that I sent before lol
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-26-2007 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
!!
Nick
Phil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
oops I divided wrong 20 -25 cups of tea for 17 waking hours is 1.1 to 1.4 cups per hour . That's almost impossible.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

there are tea's you can get with no cafine and use splenda... there is not much of a difference. there is also another sugar substitute but i'll have to ask my diabetic father later. if your having trouble finding the no cafine tea let me know... we have a store here called "mother earth" they have a huge stock of it. they even have sweet teas that have no cafine.

^ i tried to help
PFF
System Bot
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-26-2007 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Sorry..I missed that!! I am VERY interested in your suggestions, and will Google Spain to see if we can get it here!! Thanks VERY much..I make light of it, but it really is a bit worrying
Nick

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

^ i tried to help

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock