Started on: 01-23-2007 08:57 PM
Replies: 44
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 01-24-2007 01:30 PM
tutnkmn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2007 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Taijiguy:

And starting a thread specifically for the purpose of ganging up on someone is.....?

Threads like this reflect worse on the person who initiates them than they do the person being targeted. If he's really that bad then the rating system will kick in. But this thread is nothing more than a lynching.

Actually I think this thread was more about Falcon4 than the other guy, what was his name?

The rating system did take care of the other guy after all..........

As to starting a thread like this, I don't have an opinion really. But that guy did seem to get people buzzed off, we're better off when the rating system shoots down bad people (that's why it's there - thank you Cliff).

Hmmm, look at that - I own page two. Just when the thread (likely) comes to an end.

[This message has been edited by tutnkmn (edited 01-24-2007).]

IP: Logged
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2007 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
I just think these threads should be disallowed and closed the second they're created. I've been here a pretty long time and I've seen these threads go very very wrong. In this case, it's probably moot, as the guy is already gone. These threads often turn into big gang rapes, and I've seen people accumulate enough negs to be banned just from the gang mentality that gets started.
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2007 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon4:

... I do notice, however, that pretty much any time I interact with Cliff as far as helping him with PIP or providing an alternative that I poured heart and soul into, I get more negatives...

You are obviously a smart person. You might even be better and smarter than Cliff. But I have seen lots & lots of highly intelligent people try to change things - things that people don't want changed. And whether it's good or bad, a lot of people here have a certain loyalty to Cliff, besides just respect for it being his forum.

I can't speak for Cliff, but one of my biggest peeves is getting advice that I didn't ask for. It doesn't matter how great something could be, if it's not offered the right way, I don't want nuthin to do with it.

Also, some people offer help, but then later they expect things in return. Wise people will consider that when deciding whether to accept help. Gotta consider the source, and if the source is relatively unknown, it can be suspicious.
Phranc

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
User Banned

Report this Post01-24-2007 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancDirect Link to This Post
Alright who rated me in the last 12 hours? Huh? Fess up. Atleast its preaty even.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2007 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

I can't speak for Cliff, but one of my biggest peeves is getting advice that I didn't ask for.

One of my pet peeves is when someone leaves out huge parts of conversations and even makes up a few things here and there to serve his purpose. Which is why I don't like Falcon4 much. I also don't like the fact he continuously complains about parts of the forum (pesky things like rules, word censoring, PIP, etc.) and then covers it up by saying he offered to help me. Once. Sort of. Then when I decline, he makes up a story about how I don't accept help because I think something can't be improved - which BTW, is a load of crap because I never said such a thing (just to satisfy your curiosity Falcon4, I don't need help with PIP because I've been working on something completely different which will replace PIP altogether).

I also don't like the fact that he gets negatives for a bunch of things and now whines that he only seems to get negatives when he gets into a discussion with me. Completely forgetting the fact he was already speed banned by the rating system before I even knew he existed. If anything, he got a lot of positives because I unbanned him and openly said in a thread I thought he was unjustly banned because of a flaw in the speed-ban system (which I now regret). Or how he turns a thread into "who cares this other person was banned, give ol' sad me positives because I don't deserve negatives".

Just out of pure curiousity, I did a quick search and found out he was banned from a few other forums for the exact same reasons he's getting negatives here: for complaining about forum rules, for attacking moderators, and for dissing whatever a forum offers for posting files/images, just to plug his own file/image hosting site.

So Falcon4, stop your whining that you only seem to get negatives if you get into a discussion with me. You get negatives because you deserve them. Just like I deserve the negatives I get (and undoubtedly I will get some extra negatives for this post too).

(and on that note, this thread now belongs in the Trash Can).
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock