Started on: 01-23-2007 05:10 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: MDFierolvr on 01-23-2007 08:06 PM
CoryFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2007 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroDirect Link to This Post
I was arrested on October 9th. I posted bail the next day and was free to go until October 29th. I went to court at 5 am as my ticket said. 5 AM. Not 1700, not 5 PM. Anyhow it was supposed to be 5 pm. I paid my taxi to take me home and I went to work. I could not make the 5 pm one. The agreed that it was thier fault and moved my court to November 26th at 1700, 5PM. I went. I am being charged with 3 different things with tickets totalling roughly $1600. The judge did not know what she could do for me because she was unclear if I was a SC citezen. I AM and was. Full time job.. ect. So she sent me home until Jan 29th. Skipping December alltogether. It's been almost 4 months and I have done nothing to delay it.

Is there a "speedy trial" law?

Cory
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CoryFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2007 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroDirect Link to This Post
Or is that only if I am in jail waiting for my trial? Damn
MDFierolvr

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2007 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MDFierolvrSend a Private Message to MDFierolvrDirect Link to This Post
well if you have been arrested then I assume that you got yourself an attorney right? ask them about what the laws are laid out in regards to a speedy trial. I know that there is a time frame. So if you haven't actually declined the right to a speedy trial, then that is what I say you should do.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock