Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  New surveillance cameras at work (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
New surveillance cameras at work by Cheever3000
Started on: 01-23-2007 11:15 AM
Replies: 43
Last post by: 86GT3.4DOHC on 01-31-2007 12:20 PM
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Not to hijack your thread, but weren't they trying to put you on a rotating schedule? Anything ever come of that?

Oh, right. Well, good news and bad news.

The bad news was how the new 24/7/365 schedule started just a few weeks before Thanksgiving, and as it turned out, I was scheduled to work BOTH Thanksgiving day AND Christmas Day. I complained, and was told "That's what vacation is for... and don't even think about taking off sick on one of those holidays". I took my complaint to the TOP of the company, and of course I got no sympathy whatsoever. I used vacation to take off Christmas Day. Also, I now leave at 5:00 pm instead of 4:00. The Houston traffic is MUCH worse for me now, and it often takes me 1 hour to get home. The other bad news is that I have to check my schedule every time I think about going to some car event or family trip.

The good news is we don't have to rotate shifts. We just switch each month from working Monday-to-Thursday to Friday-to-Monday, with 10-hour days. There is a lot of overlap at shift turnover time, but hey, the wasted manpower isn't OUR problem. I never worked 4 10's before, but it didn't take any time at all to get spoiled on it. I love having 3 days off evey week.

So, except for holidays, it's not bad. And I must say they are compensating us rather well for working on a holiday. Easter Sunday probably won't count, but Good Friday will.

IP: Logged
86GT3.4DOHC

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
I've always wanted to work 4-10's. Just makes more sense to me...
Loki

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LokiSend a Private Message to LokiDirect Link to This Post
Thats some purdy wiring. Thats what I like to do when ever possible... Wanna hire me? LOL!!
86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2007 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
Lol, looks like im not the only one jumping ship

Not gonna say more, as I've been told the boss has been caught going through peoples desks in the past, so even though I keep my PC clean I dont wanna risk it, wouldnt suprise me if he went snooping through the computers after hours as well.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock