Started on: 01-20-2007 08:10 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: FrugalFiero on 01-21-2007 12:30 PM
FieroGT42

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Direct Link to This Post
I made the mistake of asking a certain question because I honestly didn't know the answer. A nice bickering started, and at over 300 posts I'm still getting notifications in my email inbox.

Halp!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
lurker

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
got a link? i might want to post...
FieroGT42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Direct Link to This Post
It's the only thread in the trash can right now: "What's the deal with...". And I want to state once again for the record that I have had nothing to do with that post except asking an honest question, and not even reading the thread after the first few posts. Anyone who has given me a negative rating for that thread, please take it back.

Is there no way to un-subscribe?
jetman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 273
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post
Perhaps you can ask Cliff if he can unsubscribe you or close the thread.

9 pages and over 300 posts, I feel for you.

Anyone here remember the FieroLisa thread?

One of FieroLisa's fans had marked the FieroLisa thread to notify him each time it was posted to, and he had his pager set to notify him of incoming e-mails... so every time someone posted to the thread (which eventually reached 41 pages in length) his pager would 'beep' him.
There was either no 'unsubscribe' option available at that time, or he didn't know how to do it, so he was stuck having his pager go off repeatedly throughout the run of the thread... in fact, part of the fun was the thread getting bumped with people just responding 'beep'...

FieroGT42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Direct Link to This Post
I still can't find an unsubscribe option, even trying to edit the initial post. I'll PM Cliff.
Custom88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom88Send a Private Message to Custom88Direct Link to This Post
You can't unsubscribe. It's like a magazine you didn't really want. They just keep coming Eventually in a year or so they stop and then you'll be in peace. Maybe.
Brian Lamberts

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brian LambertsSend a Private Message to Brian LambertsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGT42:

I made the mistake of asking a certain question because I honestly didn't know the answer. A nice bickering started, and at over 300 posts I'm still getting notifications in my email inbox.

Halp!

Nope, but you can go to preferences and change it so you don't get the email notifications. I gave you a sympathy plus, tho.

[This message has been edited by Brian Lamberts (edited 01-20-2007).]

topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
I use Outlook email, and it has an option where I can auto delete emails based on who sent it or the subject line. So I would simply tell Outlook to auto delete all emails that came in with the subject line that I did not want anymore emails for.
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
Ask Cliff to close the thread.
FrugalFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrugalFieroDirect Link to This Post
When you say something you later regret to someone you can try to deny it but you can't take it back. When you write / type something regrettable it is worse since you can't weasel your way out of what is written. I suppose you could just grin and bear it.

Tim

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock