Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  It's Official: Hillary is Running!! LOL!! (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
It's Official: Hillary is Running!! LOL!! by htexans1
Started on: 01-20-2007 02:47 PM
Replies: 128
Last post by: lurker on 01-23-2007 08:50 PM
Jermz238

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jermz238Send a Private Message to Jermz238Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fastback 86:

Are you on crack? Or have you just not read any history outside of a far right-wing blog? I'd try to correct all the crazy things you've said in this thread, but I have neither the time nor the patience. Just stop talking.

well im glad you're not going to bother wasting our time trying to discredit someone who doesnt care what anyone else thinks about what was said. not sure where the "history from a far right-wing blog" came from.

crack? no. crazy? sure.

"just stop talking"? typical. anyone who doesnt agree with your views should be silenced and censored, amirite?

[This message has been edited by Jermz238 (edited 01-22-2007).]

IP: Logged
Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
No, anyone who has absolutely no idea what hes talking about should save a little face and stop talking till he's read a history book or two. You've made it painfully clear that you're totally unfamiliar with the past 50 years of US history, so you should probably stop acting like an authority on it. On top of all that, your last few posts have been a few slurs shy of a racist tirade against Iraqis. Your blind hatred and 'kill em all and let God sort em out' mentality is thinly veiled at best. I don't care if you don't agree with me, you have that right in this country. And I'm glad you don't care about what anyone thinks about what you think, because you've now completely let me off the hook from trying to correct all your bull****. Thanks for saving me the effort.
Jermz238

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 03:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jermz238Send a Private Message to Jermz238Direct Link to This Post

No, anyone who has absolutely no idea what hes talking about should save a little face and stop talking till he's read a history book or two. You've made it painfully clear that you're totally unfamiliar with the past 50 years of US history, so you should probably stop acting like an authority on it. On top of all that, your last few posts have been a few slurs shy of a racist tirade against Iraqis. Your blind hatred and 'kill em all and let God sort em out' mentality is thinly veiled at best. I don't care if you don't agree with me, you have that right in this country. And I'm glad you don't care about what anyone thinks about what you think, because you've now completely let me off the hook from trying to correct all your bull****. Thanks for saving me the effort.

saving face is for our pussy government. hatred and racism has nothing to do with it. it is FACT that in order to win this war we need to show them we arent afraid to do what needs to be done. until then they will continue to exploit our weakness and pick off our troops from inside non-military structures. you're damn right im angry that our politicians are letting this bullshit happen. i have nothing against any particular race/ethnicity/color/creed, i have a problem with what these people are doing to eachother and especially our troops who are there to help them. i have zero respect for people who use such dirty tactics to murder our soldiers. way to try to pull the race card, unfortunately thats not the game im playing, since if this was happening in europe or somewhere i'd feel the same way. so take your self-righteous hangups elsewhere, save them for someone who gives a **** . as far as reading a history book i've done so and while admittedly my focus has been on the civil war, i did study the past 50 years and most of it is crap. after ww2 its all political pissing contests and cold war jibjab.

since when did anyone on this section of the board use factual information? surely you have some other reason to pick on me of all people? is it because of my radical views? i suppose when one agrees with you its okay to bend facts and fabricate tales. and im glad i saved you the effort of "correcting my bullshit" now im sure you'll be able to use that to create more of your own.
Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 03:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
Are you insane, or just insanely self-absorbed? I'm "picking on you" because you're the only person here who's posting completely out of thier ass. At least everyone else in here makes an effort to have some kind of facts to back up their opinions, even if they are cherry picked. I don't know where you're getting your information from, but I'd love to see it. I mean, you've openly admitted to massive bias and blind hatred to anything unAmerican, willful ignorance of recent history despite making claims about it, complete disregard for your own credibility, advocation of what anyone in the civilized world would consider war crimes under the Geneva Accords that we signed, and absolution of all moral and ethical qualms because of your massive superiority complex with regard to the adversaries of the US. What's left? Do you even have sources, or do you just take the opposite position of anything the "liberal media" says?

Quick tip: If you don't want to be "picked on," make a cogent argument. Throw in a link, cite your source, or at least reference common knowledge. If you can't substantiate it with anything more than your own opinion, don't be surprised when someone calls you on it.
Jermz238

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 03:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jermz238Send a Private Message to Jermz238Direct Link to This Post

Are you insane, or just insanely self-absorbed? I'm "picking on you" because you're the only person here who's posting completely out of thier ass. At least everyone else in here makes an effort to have some kind of facts to back up their opinions, even if they are cherry picked. I don't know where you're getting your information from, but I'd love to see it. I mean, you've openly admitted to massive bias and blind hatred to anything unAmerican, willful ignorance of recent history despite making claims about it, complete disregard for your own credibility, advocation of what anyone in the civilized world would consider war crimes under the Geneva Accords that we signed, and absolution of all moral and ethical qualms because of your massive superiority complex with regard to the adversaries of the US. What's left? Do you even have sources, or do you just take the opposite position of anything the "liberal media" says?

Quick tip: If you don't want to be "picked on," make a cogent argument. Throw in a link, cite your source, or at least reference common knowledge. If you can't substantiate it with anything more than your own opinion, don't be surprised when someone calls you on it.

i'd probably go with insane, and im sure theres plenty who'd agree. as far as war crimes, to make an omelet gotta break some eggs, fight fire with fire, etc etc pick one that works for ya. i dont have to prove myself to you, its your prerogative to think im talking out of my ass, just like its my prerogative to think my own thoughts as well. never said i didnt want to be "picked on", just was curious why. im rather flattered that my bullshit stood out among everyone elses bullshit in your eyes. dont recall admitting to blind hatred, although i concede i have nationalistic tendencies. you dont and thats fine, good for you. i've explained why im angry, and i dont think its terribly farfetched to understand why that might upset someone.

"War is hell, lest we become too fond of it"
words of wisdom. i simply gave a way for us to win this war, probably the only way as well. they will continue to hide behind "civilians" and shoot from inside mosques and hospitals, using our very geneva accords to beat us. i've made this parallel before but im gonna make it again. we're using napoleonic warfare while the enemy is using guerilla tactics. now, just as then, war has evolved. holding onto antiquated beliefs on how war should be fought is the best way to lose.
Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 04:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
All I can say is, if you're as "nationalistic" as you claim to be, join the Armed Forces and take a vacation in Iraq, and you tell me first hand whether or not conditions are as you describe. Stop being part of the problem (referring to your arrogant brand of thinking that so much of the world hates about Americans) and go be a part of the solution. Let me know if our men and women in Iraq are as castrated as you make them sound.
Jermz238

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 04:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jermz238Send a Private Message to Jermz238Direct Link to This Post

All I can say is, if you're as "nationalistic" as you claim to be, join the Armed Forces and take a vacation in Iraq, and you tell me first hand whether or not conditions are as you describe. Stop being part of the problem (referring to your arrogant brand of thinking that so much of the world hates about Americans) and go be a part of the solution. Let me know if our men and women in Iraq are as castrated as you make them sound.

my dad was in the air force, and i have friends that are/were in the armed services. so instead im going to be serving our country on our own soil. as much as you'd like me to go to iraq and be killed, you'll have to wait and hope for a drunk driver to plow into me on the highway, or some armed felon overtaking me. until then this crazy bastard is still gonna be "part of the problem". if wanting whats best for your country (and being castrated, belittled, and taken advantage of by our "allies" is not whats best) is wrong, then by god i dont ever wanna be right.
Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 04:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jermz238:

my dad was in the air force, and i have friends that are/were in the armed services. so instead im going to be serving our country on our own soil. as much as you'd like me to go to iraq and be killed, you'll have to wait and hope for a drunk driver to plow into me on the highway, or some armed felon overtaking me. until then this crazy bastard is still gonna be "part of the problem". if wanting whats best for your country (and being castrated, belittled, and taken advantage of by our "allies" is not whats best) is wrong, then by god i dont ever wanna be right.

Yes, you got me. Because I disagreed with you over the internet, I would like to see you go to Iraq and get killed, or barring that, die in a DUI accident or at the hands of an armed felon. However did you know? You must be psychic. That, or I'm far more transparent that I thought.

Just to clarify, if serving your country in time of war to defend the ideals you claim to hold so dear is wrong, what is best for the country? Complaining about how its being done on the internet without actually doing anything to improve it? Thank God we have so many people like you fighting the good fight here at home...by armchair quarterbacking.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
We are NOW fighting a losing war in Iraq...one we could win if we didnt have all the pussies restricting our hands. Fact to back it up......Viet Nam....look it up.
Wolfhound

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
Again, Roger
Those restrictions are?___________________________________.
and they should be allowed to?_____________________________.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
I can testify as to VN, but only from what I hear about Irag since im not there.

1.Our troops are only ALLOWED to return fire (after theyve been shot at) and even then ONLY if they can unquestionably identify the attacker
2. They are not allowed to fire or chase anyone into places like schools, mosks, hospitals or friendly neighborhoods
3. Even if they catch an enemy combatant, and they arrest him, hes must be treated like a visiting official
4. Like yesterday, enemy attackers wore stolen US Army uniforms to get into an area and attack US troops. In my day, if you were caught in a friendly uniform you were considered a spy and shot on the spot.

how many more you need listed?
PFF
System Bot
Wolfhound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I can testify as to VN, but only from what I hear about Irag since im not there.

1.Our troops are only ALLOWED to return fire (after theyve been shot at) and even then ONLY if they can unquestionably identify the attacker
2. They are not allowed to fire or chase anyone into places like schools, mosks, hospitals or friendly neighborhoods
3. Even if they catch an enemy combatant, and they arrest him, hes must be treated like a visiting official
4. Like yesterday, enemy attackers wore stolen US Army uniforms to get into an area and attack US troops. In my day, if you were caught in a friendly uniform you were considered a spy and shot on the spot.

I also can testify to Vietnam.
1.Heard this no fire story when I returned, Never heard it there other than we were not supposed to shoot civilian.
We detained every military age male we found and turned them over to the ARVN. If they weren't PLF they were when the ARVN released them.
2. That was true years ago at the beginning of the war, but not so anymore.
3. I doubt we treat visiting official like the detainees at Abu Gabi
4. The attackers this weekend in U.S. uniform, no doubt, would have been killed except for one problem, they got away.

The bottom line is you can't defeat an insurgency, Germany never eliminated the french and Belgium underground during their occupation.. Even as the allies retook the overrun countries they played a major part providing intelligence and guides.

Frustration leads to ideas like :
Destroying a village to save it.
Kill 'em all and let God sort um out.
and the often recommended Glass parking lot.

Not effective options for a country we claim we are trying to "help" is it.
lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

"War is hell, lest we become too fond of it"

"war is hell, you cannot refine it" Wm T. Sherman, Atlanta.
"It is well that war is so terrible, lest we should grow too fond of it" R. E. Lee, Fredericksburg

edited to correct lee quote

[This message has been edited by lurker (edited 01-22-2007).]

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:
Bush was a FAILURE at running the oil company. The Saudis bailed him out to gain some much needed capital with 41. (Bush I)

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but...Oh HELL, I LOVE IT! Harken Oil is not only NOT a failure but it recently posted a 164% increase in margin, 74% increase in production, and a 71% increase in revenues. The company fell on hard times in the 80s due to a reduction in oil prices and guess what....SO DID STANDARD OIL and every other oil company on Earth.

Man, talk about delusional. I suppose if Bush was a race car driver and he was knocked out of the race by another driver's wreck you'ld be yelling that he didn't have the right stuff to finish the race.

He was a FAILURE at running the Rangers. They lost money.

You've been reading MoveOn.org again haven'y you.
They didn't LOSE money, they INVESTED money in a new stadium and Bush is often credited by locals as being the inspiration behind the construction of Ameriquest Field AND the outstanding success the Rangers had in the 90's; Including a division title in '96 and championships in '98 and '99. Bush sold the team in 98.

The Texas governor is not the same as most governors, like California, for example.
The governor of Texas' power is very limited.
In other words, other people ran the government.
Just like now!

Now you sound like the complete idiot you are. Tell the citizens of Texas that their Governor is an irrelevant figure head with no capacity to affect their lives. No further retort needed.

Edwards, on the other hand, was very successful as an attorney.

Yeah, he is out of a job as Senator for the simple reason that he single handedly destroyed the health care system in North Carolina. His "ambulance chaser" law practice made him a multi-millionaire off the backs fo insurance premiums paid by Doctors and patients (like you and me) and now, Medical Malpractive Insurance is almost impossible to get in NC. In fact, the going rate is $120,000 per year!!!!!!! That is the higest in the nation. All because of your boy Edwards. The voters threw him out of office onto the street corner with both hands.

His good looks

Yeah, this is SO important too.

blabber blabber blah blah, charisma, and speaking ability will make him an outstannding choice for a vice presidential candadate. He will gain much needed experience in the number two spot, and eventually, perhaps, make good president.

Look Uranus, every time you open your yap my BS meter goes berserk. These damn needles are expensive to replace! Can you please keep quiet for a couple of days.

[This message has been edited by Toddster (edited 01-22-2007).]

Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
Aside from anything else, I don't think she can run again, she already served two terms.....

I don't see her making it, she's not what I would consider to be the right choice for the first woman President.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Maybe you werent told, your superiors were. As a pilot we were told to our face we would ONLY attack a specific mission target. We were not permitted to take any offensive on ANYTHING else, whether it was a missile launcher, or just a guy firing a rifle at us. Even if we saw a line of tanks parked alongside a hospital or office building, we were not allowed to fire a thing at them, even when they were firing at us. We were told just to cut and run. I wont say there werent ' accidental shooting / bombings' but if we were caught violating any of the restrictions...you got a court martial. That is the reasoning that lost us that war. Since that time, no one is scared of us doing anything because they know sooner or later we will run home with our tail between our legs.......and thats not the soldiers way to do it. Frankly, Im amazed that the insurgents just dont stop doing any action, then wait till were all gone home and then take over because their government would have no defense. That a simple tactic thats worked great for thousands of years from a simple mammal like the possum to the Greeks at Troy.
Butter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 91
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ButterSend a Private Message to ButterDirect Link to This Post
It is becoming more appearant every day that this country will NEVER be able to fight a war till it is waged on our own soil.

In general the American public cannot stomach war and wars cannot be fought with public opinion.

Let us hope that WHEN the war is brought to this country we will then see the light in time to understand there are NO rules to war and turn all forces loose on our enemies to totally desecrate him his family and his land.

Spektrum-87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Spektrum-87GTSend a Private Message to Spektrum-87GTDirect Link to This Post
I hope, for the sake of the Democratic Party, that she does not win the primaries. Our country needs a good leader, possibly more now than any other time in the past 50 years. Unfortunately, our political system is loaded with corrupt idiots on both sides. Democrat or Republican, it does not matter, they're all corrupt. If you fail to see this and defend either side with a passion, you need to sit down for some serious "think time".

I hope she does not win, but if she takes the primary I will vote for her because I'm tired of what the Republicans have done to this country. Too many soldiers are dying over an incredibly stupid decision and stubborn ignorance. If you truly support our troops, you'd want to bring them home. If you truly believe in the cause of the Iraq war, you should sign up to go over.
lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
i think i'll vote independent again.
dsnover

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dsnoverSend a Private Message to dsnoverDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Butter:

It is becoming more appearant every day that this country will NEVER be able to fight a war till it is waged on our own soil.

In general the American public cannot stomach war and wars cannot be fought with public opinion.

Let us hope that WHEN the war is brought to this country we will then see the light in time to understand there are NO rules to war and turn all forces loose on our enemies to totally desecrate him his family and his land.

Scary thought. Probably true. As a nation, we've grown complacent. In WW2, we carpet bombed Berlin (and many other cities)...intentionally targetting civilian areas, so that the people would put pressure on their government to surrender. The war with Japan didn't end until the _SECOND_ city was destroyed, and it became obvious to the Emporer that it was either surrender or face annihilation. What were the total Allied casualties in WW2?

I don't see that we are _losing_ the war in Iraq, so much as we aren't moving closer to 'Victory'. I do believe that unless we change the rules of engagment, it will continue as it is. And the average American no longer has the determination to see it through. We've traded our hard-won liberties for a false sense of security and entitlements.
Paul Prince

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 110
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Paul PrinceSend a Private Message to Paul PrinceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Taijiguy:

Aside from anything else, I don't think she can run again, she already served two terms.....

I don't see her making it, she's not what I would consider to be the right choice for the first woman President.

There are no term limits on senators, except death..........Paul

PFF
System Bot
Jermz238

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jermz238Send a Private Message to Jermz238Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by lurker:

"war is hell, you cannot refine it" Wm T. Sherman, Atlanta.
"It is good that war is so terrible, lest we become too fond of it" R. E. Lee, Fredericksbugh

thanks, i got my quotes mixed up i guess. i was shooting for the General Lee one
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Butter:

AMEN.........we can thank, tree hugging, polar bear kissing, burning up the planet, no kid spanking whiners for it all. Heaven help us that a prisoner that kills 20 people with a bomb finds a mouse turd in his cell.

Jermz238

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jermz238Send a Private Message to Jermz238Direct Link to This Post

We are NOW fighting a losing war in Iraq...one we could win if we didnt have all the pussies restricting our hands. Fact to back it up......Viet Nam....look it up.

Scary thought. Probably true. As a nation, we've grown complacent. In WW2, we carpet bombed Berlin (and many other cities)...intentionally targetting civilian areas, so that the people would put pressure on their government to surrender. The war with Japan didn't end until the _SECOND_ city was destroyed, and it became obvious to the Emporer that it was either surrender or face annihilation. What were the total Allied casualties in WW2?

I don't see that we are _losing_ the war in Iraq, so much as we aren't moving closer to 'Victory'. I do believe that unless we change the rules of engagment, it will continue as it is. And the average American no longer has the determination to see it through. We've traded our hard-won liberties for a false sense of security and entitlements.

other people who see that which i pointed out. gee i guess i managed to persuade these people to pull information out of my ass as well? i think the gentleman who said the american people cannot stomach war nailed you right on the head. you feel that i am on crack, or at least insane. i suppose these people are too? i may have added a little more...flavor to my posts but the idea is the same. we're not winning because our troops are being kept from doing what they need to do, which is fight like its a WAR
Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post

other people who see that which i pointed out. gee i guess i managed to persuade these people to pull information out of my ass as well? i think the gentleman who said the american people cannot stomach war nailed you right on the head. you feel that i am on crack, or at least insane. i suppose these people are too? i may have added a little more...flavor to my posts but the idea is the same. we're not winning because our troops are being kept from doing what they need to do, which is fight like its a WAR

Try again, skippy. The first two quotes are people talking about how this war is just like Vietnam, something that you said "is not completely accurate." You even went on to split hairs on why its "similar" at best. Make a decision. Is it just like Vietnam, or isn't it? You can't have it both ways.

As for the second two, did you actually read them? The first "agrees" with you only in the event that war is brought upon our soil. The second starts of with "probably true." Hardly a rock solid case. But more to the point, the mere fact that 2 people agree with your merciless, compassionless 'kill-em-all-and-let-God-sort-em-out' mentality doesn't make any of you right. We're not winning this ill-conceived occupation because the US Military is not an occupying force. The US Military is designed, equiped and trained to destroy an enemy, to win. They're not meant to occupy a supposedly friendly nation for any more than the duration of the actual war. This is not a war, its an occupation. Why do you think we rolled over the entire Iraqi Army in 2 months? Its what we do. This occupying, nation rebuilding, resource wasting nonsense is not what we do. THAT'S the problem. What you're proposing as a "solution" is for our troops to essentially become Saddam's death squads in US uniforms. The only way to fight an insurgency like this is to do what he did: establish a brutal, totalitarian military dicatorship and kill anything that looks at us funny. But wait, isn't that what we went to Iraq to eliminate in the first place? Welcome to our paradox.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Were not an Occupying Force. We are occupying the space until they can run it themselves, then were ready to get right out. Occupying force is like the Russians were in Berlin or the Romans in ancient times............they fully intend to stay unless they feel like leaving and make everyone there do THEIR bidding. Were still in Germany from WWII right now....are we 'Occupying' Germany ? Are we 'occupying' Japan ? Weve been in a lot of countries and left.
Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
We destroyed their military, arrested and executed their leaders, and are controlling the country via military force until the new government that we basically created for them can actually do something. Until then, we're running the show and imposing our rules on the country by force. Until we turn over control of the country to its government and stop controlling it with our military, we're occupying it.
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

We destroyed their military, arrested and executed their leaders, and are controlling the country via military force until the new government that we basically created for them can actually do something. Until then, we're running the show and imposing our rules on the country by force. Until we turn over control of the country to its government and stop controlling it with our military, we're occupying it.

Hmm. Funny. Usually when a country is "occupied" they're forced to fly the flag of the occupying country. Don't recall seeing our colors over any of their government buildings. And any place of political significance where the US flag *is* flying, it's set BELOW the Iraqi flag.
In fact, I recall very specifically the one time some soldiers tried to hoist an American flag in Iraq they were told to take it back down.
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post
from the bumpersticker thread:

Originally posted by fierofetish:

On the front bumper:
'Run, Hilary, RUN!!'
On the back bumper:
'Run, Hilary, RUN!!'

Earl-R

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Earl-RSend a Private Message to Earl-RDirect Link to This Post

If anyone has studied history you will see that it tends to repeat itself. Yes Iraq is another Vietnam unfortunately. The sad thing is most of Iraq wants us there to bring peace. Most Iraq and Iranian peoples envy America and think of it as paradise. They are basically good people with some fanatics stirring the pot. The United States is another Roman Empire that is killing itself form within. We are spread to thin trying to impose our way of life on others. If it didn't work then it won't work now.

Why I'm thinking about it, Religion, which has started more wars than anything else, people need to step back and look at it. Most Religions stem from the God of Abraham and Moses. So why can't we put those minor differences aside.

To stay on topic I need to say: VOTE FOR HILLARY

[This message has been edited by Earl-R (edited 01-22-2007).]

never2old

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for never2oldSend a Private Message to never2oldDirect Link to This Post
War is HELL.
I thought of this today.
Twenty nine American service people closed their eyes for the last time last week.
I wonder what they thought of?
PFF
System Bot
Earl-R

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2007 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Earl-RSend a Private Message to Earl-RDirect Link to This Post
Nothing good ever comes of war. Hopefully they died quickly and didn't have time to feel any pain.
Jermz238

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2007 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jermz238Send a Private Message to Jermz238Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Earl-R:

Nothing good ever comes of war. Hopefully they died quickly and didn't have time to feel any pain.

yeah i feel more for the poor bastards who had half of their head blown off and were sent home to try and live a normal life with their loved ones. i cant imagine how hard that must be
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2007 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Earl-R:

Nothing good ever comes of war.

America came of war
The Liberation of Europe came of war
The Liberation of China and Indo-China from the Japanese came of war

Oh, and Hitlery voted FOR the war in Iraq....in case you forgot.
Wolfhound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2007 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
Your examples are hollow Todd. Both of those instances were retaliation for an acts of aggression and a decliration of was against us.
Iraq provided neither of those reasons.
Apples and Oranges.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2007 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wolfhound:

Your examples are hollow Todd. Both of those instances were retaliation for an acts of aggression and a decliration of was against us.
Iraq provided neither of those reasons.
Apples and Oranges.

It accurately addressed the comment "NOTHING good ever comes from war."

Perhaps, in your opinion, nothing good will come from the Iraq war, but that's not what his comment was about, was it? The comment was about "war." No specific "war" was mentioned.
Spektrum-87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2007 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Spektrum-87GTSend a Private Message to Spektrum-87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

America came of war

All of these examples are of people rising up against oppression and fighting for their own freedom. The war in Iraq is anything but, it is an invasion by another country.
Earl-R

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2007 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Earl-RSend a Private Message to Earl-RDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

America came of war

None of the wars had to happen. Egos and greed cause wars instead of thinking about what is best for the people. But in each of those you listed the war was started by someone else not us. The wars did not change what had already happened. We had declared our independance and England fought us to keep us under thier rule, in the end nothing changed except people died. Liberation of Europe, again free nations under attack to bring them under German rule, in the end nothing changed except people died. China - I can't comment on becasue I don't know enough about it truthfully.

As far as Hillary voting for the war, yes she did and so did 77% of the Senate if I remember correctly, Including John McCain. There was only one Republican that voted against the war, Sen. Chaffee from RI. 49 Rep. and 28 Dem. voted for the war. Most that voted for the war have stated that they might not have if Bush would have gave truthful information.

Bush Decieved a lot of people and owes America a appology for his actions. This should have never been. But since we are there I will support our troops to the best of my ability. I remember Vietnam as many do, and WILL NEVER treat our solders they way the vets of Vietnam were treated.

[This message has been edited by Earl-R (edited 01-23-2007).]

DeV8er

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2007 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeV8erSend a Private Message to DeV8erDirect Link to This Post
She has my vote...

Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2007 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to post this now.. Please bookmark.

A. I firmly believe that the next president will be a Dem, and more than likely Hillary.

The Bloodbath between Hillary and Obama will be very entertaining, easily outdoing the dust up between Bush and McCain.

Unless the R's get a real conservative to run they don't have anyone that will energize the base enough, and draw swing voters to the R side.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock