Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Anyone hiring (automotive field) in Missouri?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Anyone hiring (automotive field) in Missouri? by Fiero Finale
Started on: 01-20-2007 04:18 AM
Replies: 2
Last post by: Fiero Finale on 01-20-2007 05:02 AM
Fiero Finale

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 04:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero FinaleSend a Private Message to Fiero FinaleDirect Link to This Post
Here is my situation. I'm into my second semester at Ranken college in St. Louis, Missouri. It is a really demanding private school and they cram everything into 2 years(technically i'm going 2 1/2 as this last semester was just general education). Anyways I started my major this semester and had to quit my job due to the increase of hours of my school. Kinda stupid for me to NOT see this coming as I knew how demanding this school is and long hours, so I did not have that much $ saved up. This semester ends May 9th which I plan on working my @$$ off this summer to save money for when school comes into play again. So back to now, I only have enough $ in my bank to last me till March.....yeah that is coming fast. I'm going for Automotive Collision Repair btw, anyways I applied for a cashloan........but didn't get accepted due to not long enough credit history(minimum needed was 24 months and I have 16). So.....looks like I need to get a nice little part time weekend job to last me till May for when I can work full time. I plan on my job search tomorrow but I figured i'd ask here. I live in Lake Saint Louis(yeah pretty far from my school.....) but was driving to Illinois for my old job.....so i'm pretty open to driving almost anywhere in Missouri(I live at the corner of 40 and 70 if you don't know where LSL is). I'd prefer to get a job in the automotive industry....doesn't have to be collision. For example the job I had to quit was www.gatewayclassiccars.com being a marketing assistant posting cars online and etc. I just love being around cars in general so yeah. Now when March comes around and no luck on a auto related job....then I have no choice to work fast food I just prefer not to(not saying im to good, I did it for 2 years when I was 16). So..........sorry for draggin this post out. Usually most jobs are found by knowing someone so if you work in Missouri, especially if in a hour to hour 1/2 radius from LSL and auto related then let me know! I'll be trying the autozones, advances, and so on first.

A brief "Resume" of me is...

20 years old, full time student at Ranken for Automotive Collision Repair
I recieved my first two certificates. They are
S/P2 Collision Safety
S/P2 Collision Pollution
I have knowledge of computers(as I said above I was a marketing assistant for GCC posting cars online)
I can change oil, know my share of mechanical information, but still consider myself a amatuer mechanic.
Quick learner
Great customer skills

*Shrug* I have to be up at 6 a.m. just to get to school at 8 a.m., so my schedule Monday through Thursday is not available 6 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and Friday I am not available from 12:00 p.m to 3:00 p.m. A weekend job is probably more suitable(friday/saturday/sunday) as during the week i'd have to get some sleep/study time and I doubt any employer would only want me for a few hours. So i'm amazed if you have taken the time to read this far, is so you rock, and if you know any auto-related jobs in Missouri let me know! Thank you

~josh~
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofetish

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post01-20-2007 04:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishClick Here to Email fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Good luck, Josh..and well done..you deserve to be helped, but Spain is a little too far, I guess
Thought about going house to house at the weekend, washing/polishing cars? I did it many years ago..and got all the polishes etc for free!! I just got in touch with some of the better manufacturers, told them what I was doing, and said I would promote their products by using them in my work I got enough free samples to last me a year!! Try it!!One in every three customers were happy to give me a regular spot, cleaning their cars every weekend.I managed to build up a clientele of over 20 regulars, and ended up paying a young lad pocket money to help get them done !! 20 cars each weekend, at what would now be around $25 a car...I nearly didn't bother getting another job!! Paid far more than working for somebody else, and great job satisfaction too.
Nick
Fiero Finale

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 05:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero FinaleSend a Private Message to Fiero FinaleDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofetish:

Good luck, Josh..and well done..you deserve to be helped, but Spain is a little too far, I guess
Thought about going house to house at the weekend, washing/polishing cars? I did it many years ago..and got all the polishes etc for free!! I just got in touch with some of the better manufacturers, told them what I was doing, and said I would promote their products by using them in my work I got enough free samples to last me a year!! Try it!!One in every three customers were happy to give me a regular spot, cleaning their cars every weekend.I managed to build up a clientele of over 20 regulars, and ended up paying a young lad pocket money to help get them done !! 20 cars each weekend, at what would now be around $25 a car...I nearly didn't bother getting another job!! Paid far more than working for somebody else, and great job satisfaction too.
Nick

Hey Nick, thanks! I actually thought of doing a little "detailing" type business but due to the wicked cold weather........yeaah...lol. I am open to more suggestions like that though. Spain is a bit of a drive, plane/boat ride over

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock