might be selling mustang any interest? by red84sematt
Started on: 01-17-2007 09:29 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: BH2OFiero on 01-20-2007 07:48 PM
red84sematt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for red84semattSend a Private Message to red84semattDirect Link to This Post
82 mustang gl 2.3 auto
runs and drives great
carb needs rebuilding (have kit but have not installed)
floor shiter needs to be replaced just recenly button stopped working

have undercoated the bottom of car myself with por15
new rear snow tires
has american racing rims for summer
interior is decent nees minor cleaning and maybe refurbed

i changed the 2.3 out of the car because the orginall was rusted because PO overheated and ran it with water for along time.
the engine is out of a 1978 ford unkown car had 68,200 miles when installed
car has 75,000 now when bought had 72,000 miles

i can't think of anything else to say ask if anyone wants to know

]

have a few more pics if wanted
would be asking $2,000 i have this much in car and all reciepts(sp)

[This message has been edited by red84sematt (edited 01-17-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
red84sematt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2007 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for red84semattSend a Private Message to red84semattDirect Link to This Post
i just need anyone to give me there input if intersted so i know if i should sell it has two sets of rims(black stockers for winter and american racing) i have not driven it much in the winter right now its sitting in the driveway.
tutnkmn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2007 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post
If it were a GT I'd be all over it.

I'd say that in as good as shape as it appears to be you should be able to get near your target price, although you may have to come down a little. 2.3 liter 4 cylinder cars don't sell anywhere near the GTs, Cobras, SVOs, Pace Cars, etc. Banged up GTs are selling for under $1000.00 right now (I'll be bringing one home soon). These generation 3 cars are at the "bottom" of value right now (a good time to invest).

Still the 4 cylinders get nearly 30 mpg and are a good platform for an engine swap to a small or big block Ford. I've even seen them with Chevy engines.

Base Mustangs are not really collectible until they get really old (some of the 6 cylinder Stangs from the 60s now bring good money), although it would make someone who likes old Stangs a good daily driver.

[This message has been edited by tutnkmn (edited 01-18-2007).]

red84sematt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for red84semattSend a Private Message to red84semattDirect Link to This Post
that's what ive been doing with it just daily driver and i know it's a bit high but i put it into the car and made this car run twice what it was when i got it. but im glad that i have a chance. oh by the way anyone know what GL stands for
tutnkmn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by red84sematt:
oh by the way anyone know what GL stands for

Of course GT stands for "Grand Touring", and SVO for "Special Vehicle Operations."

GL, L, LX ???? Think it's just something Ford pulled out their bum

Only thing I know for sure is they designate trim options. With the previous generation Mustangs the "Ghia" (Mustang II) and Grande (71-73 era) were like the LX (somewhat upscale luxury oriented).

They changed those designators a lot during the third gen. L and GL were dropped around 83 I think in favour of LX. HiPo Stangs from 79 until 81 were Cobras then changed to GT. With the re-introduction of the GT in 1982 the Ford advertising slogan was "The Boss is Back" although good horsepower did not start showing up until 1984.

[This message has been edited by tutnkmn (edited 01-19-2007).]

red84sematt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for red84semattSend a Private Message to red84semattDirect Link to This Post
oh well that's what i figured but i didn't know so thanks but anyway ill still take anyone elses interst the car is more likely going to be for sale, looks like.
tutnkmn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to be the only one posting to your thread, hope I was helpful. There are only a handful of people on here who are into Mustangs (me, Whade_Duck used to run Stangs, and a few others - Rogergarrison knows about almost any kind of car ). I collect all kinds of "80s muscle" so if you get something other than a Fiero and need help feel free to PM or e-mail or start a thread. I'm kinda foggy about 60-70s muscle now although I used to be pretty adept with that era as well. Gettin old and can't afford $60,000.00 for a 66 Mustang anyways (should have kept the one I had 25 years ago).

I'm on a couple of Mustang forums as well. You might try signing up on this one:

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/

There would be folks there who might buy the car

[This message has been edited by tutnkmn (edited 01-20-2007).]

BH2OFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BH2OFieroClick Here to visit BH2OFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to BH2OFieroDirect Link to This Post
That's a nice solid car you have there...do you happen to have any more pictures of it?

------------------
No matter how much I try to get these cars out of my head, they keep finding their way back in.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock