Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Is this McDonalds "prize" worth $3000? It came with our meal last night....

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Is this McDonalds "prize" worth $3000? It came with our meal last night.... by F-I-E-R-O
Started on: 01-06-2007 12:16 PM
Replies: 24
Last post by: 84fierotrevor on 01-07-2007 07:28 PM
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2007 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OClick Here to Email F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Linda and I decided to donate blood at a drive here in town yesterday. It started out as a lot of fun, mostly because I'm a wise guy and while waiting our turn with a bunch of other volunteers I made fun of people like a 93 year old gentleman who wanted to give blood but was turned away- stuff like his donation being labled as "premium blend" (you had to be there). I was asked if I would be a double red donor- meaning if I would sit through the extraction process for platelets rather than just whole blood. Sure, no problem. When Linda was done she came over to see how I was doing. Much better than she. She got woozy, then got sick. Echhh. This was the first time the had given blood since she was senior in high school. After that, she spent the night in bed not feeling well. Poor Linda. Poor us- we had to fend for ourselves for dinner.

Emily decided she wanted something from McDonalds. Linda wanted something from Subway. So off I went to "hunt" (or is that "gather") food for the family. Came home and served up the meals. Emily made a comment about ice in her soda- I told her that I ordered it without, she said she liked ice in hers, I told her it was cold enough and you get more without ice. Swirling her straw through the lid in her soda she said that they gave her some anyway. Grrrrrrrr... don't they listen?

This morning, Linda was emptying the left over soda into the sink to throw the cup away. Something is not right- there's something in her soda cup. Linda takes off the lid and finds this inside...

I didn't order one of those! It seems that part of the machine fell into her cup and went home with us. So here we have the cup, the "SUPER-PRIZE", and the prize that came with her big kids meal. So much for quality control.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Wichita

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2007 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaClick Here to Email WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
If you notice that many McDonalds have a computerized automatic carousel system for their drinks now. It fills up the drink without anybody help. The only thing an employ needs to do is put a lid on it and give it to you with a straw.

I suspect they won't notice the post mix machine nozzle is missing for awhile.
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2007 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroClick Here to Email DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
Unless she could suck that through the straw then I don't think that would be worth a $3000 settlement.

Dan

[This message has been edited by DanFiero (edited 01-06-2007).]

Deabionni

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2007 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniClick Here to Email DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

I suspect they won't notice the post mix machine nozzle is missing for awhile.

I'll bet they noticed when the machine went to pour the next drink from that nozzle. (Probably right after you left). Without that nozzle, the drink gets sprayed everywhere.
jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2007 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerClick Here to Email jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
Two things.....................

In what way was Emily harmed, or potentially harmed? If the answer is no way, then why would it be worth anything other than a "thank you" when you returned it? I'll be they give you a free happy meal or something.

Second, my son is like you, he orders his drinks no ice. I like ice in mine. Extra ice. Because I like it one way doesn't mean I order his the way *I* like it. Why do you?

John Stricke
r

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

Linda and I decided to donate blood at a drive here in town yesterday. It started out as a lot of fun, mostly because I'm a wise guy and while waiting our turn with a bunch of other volunteers I made fun of people like a 93 year old gentleman who wanted to give blood but was turned away- stuff like his donation being labled as "premium blend" (you had to be there). I was asked if I would be a double red donor- meaning if I would sit through the extraction process for platelets rather than just whole blood. Sure, no problem. When Linda was done she came over to see how I was doing. Much better than she. She got woozy, then got sick. Echhh. This was the first time the had given blood since she was senior in high school. After that, she spent the night in bed not feeling well. Poor Linda. Poor us- we had to fend for ourselves for dinner.

Emily decided she wanted something from McDonalds. Linda wanted something from Subway. So off I went to "hunt" (or is that "gather") food for the family. Came home and served up the meals. Emily made a comment about ice in her soda- I told her that I ordered it without, she said she liked ice in hers, I told her it was cold enough and you get more without ice. Swirling her straw through the lid in her soda she said that they gave her some anyway. Grrrrrrrr... don't they listen?

This morning, Linda was emptying the left over soda into the sink to throw the cup away. Something is not right- there's something in her soda cup. Linda takes off the lid and finds this inside...

I didn't order one of those! It seems that part of the machine fell into her cup and went home with us. So here we have the cup, the "SUPER-PRIZE", and the prize that came with her big kids meal. So much for quality control.

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2007 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OClick Here to Email F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
I have my picture. Unless there is some way to get 10 or more extra HP out of my Fiero by installing it into the carb somehow, I'm going to run it back over to them. BTW, the $3000 idea came from the idea that there is a Fiero in CA that I really want to buy that's being offered for $2500, I figured the rest could be for gas money. Em could have the car when she's old enough to drive.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 555
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2007 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jstricker:

Two things.....................

In what way was Emily harmed, or potentially harmed? If the answer is no way, then why would it be worth anything other than a "thank you" when you returned it? I'll be they give you a free happy meal or something.

Second, my son is like you, he orders his drinks no ice. I like ice in mine. Extra ice. Because I like it one way doesn't mean I order his the way *I* like it. Why do you?

John Stricker

Yup. The part of the drink machine that came off was the mix nozzle. The drink flows through it normally, so it's not a sanitation issue. If you didn't find it until you dumped out the cup, where's the injury? Linda was emptying the cup, so it's not like Emily noticed the part and was traumatized while drinking it.

If there's been an injury of some kind, you should be entitled to compensation. What's the injury?
Slater_334

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2007 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Slater_334Click Here to Email Slater_334Send a Private Message to Slater_334Direct Link to This Post
go speak to the manager and say how many big macs can i get for this. and hand it to them.

[This message has been edited by Slater_334 (edited 01-06-2007).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 552
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2007 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonClick Here to Email rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Slater_334:

go speak to the manager and say how many big macs can i get for this. and hand it to them.

sounds like a good plan. Im sure theyll give you something for returning it.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2007 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Click Here to Email 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
We have become such a litigious society today that everyone is looking for that quick buck.

Not to mention the blood sucking lawyers arenít helping any.

In this case, you donít have a case, but the lawyers will turn it into one. And just to avoid litigation Mc Donaldís Will pay.

This is what they would call a newcense(SP) suite, and will settle it just to shut you up.

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2007 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessClick Here to Email ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Slater_334:

Make sure you go during peak hours! Like lunchtime on monday. Talk loud so everyone around you can hear.

PFF
System Bot
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2007 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OClick Here to Email F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Bah! I went over to McD's and returned the parts to the manager. He recognized them and acknowledged that they were missing. Then he asked me if I wanted another soda. You're right when you say that people sue for the dumbest things. Personally, I could suggest it in jest, but could never actually do it unless something truly harmful was blatant and intentional. Emily looks at it the way we do- 'huh, there's a soda machine part in my cup- cool.' The only thing that bothered me at all was the managers reaction. I took the time to take the part back over to his restaurant rather than throw it out with the empty cup. Just a simple thanks for bringing it back would have been nice. I'm easy to please.
Phranc

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2007 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancClick Here to Email PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancDirect Link to This Post
As a one time worker at the golden arches I know exactly what that part is. I've cleaned it many times.

When you take it back get the store number, owners name, manigers name from when you bought your meal and when you returned it. Then send a nice letter off to corprate. In the letter make sure you express your displeasure with having to deal with this and the fact it was your kids drink. Also include how the stores managment treayed you. A well wrien letter can net you a few coupon books of something simular but don't exp[ect to much.
isthiswhereiputausername?

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2007 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post
You should have put it in your mouth and tried to chew it up.. Then bring them the bill for dental work & emotional agony when you thought it was an icecube.. tell them it was dark when you were driving and eating at the same time.. Then settle out of court for 4 happy meal coupons

About 6 months ago, my wife and daughter went to a local bagel store (greatcanadianbagel) here and got a bagel, they started sharing it and wifey saw something shiny.. She picked off a shard of glass. We went back and they said a glass had got broke earier that day but didnt understand how it got on the bagel.. they offered a free bagel.. We opted for our money back and went elsewhere..

Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2007 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post
If you didnt declare while it in the store, they will just claim you added it later and tell you to goto hell..

I broke a tooth on a chicken sandwich that way once ( from an undisclosed sub store that toasts their sandwiches.. ), but since it was 'carryout' i had no legal ground to stand on, or any way to prove it.
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2007 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OClick Here to Email F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
I wonder if they could prove that you stuck some JB Weld in their door locks in the middle of the night? :evil grin:
DRA

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2007 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRAClick Here to visit DRA's HomePageClick Here to Email DRASend a Private Message to DRADirect Link to This Post
I would assume it is a fairly common occurence, I got a supersized coke a few years ago that included what appeared to be the same exact nozzle part in it. I joked with friends about it but never complained to Mickey D's.

------------------
Don't take life too seriously -- you'll never get out if it alive.

84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 351
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2007 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorClick Here to Email 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
I cannot Beleive no one knows why this has happend? you where nozzeled dude!

look in the archivies I have mentioned this before in a pranks thread. some kid twisted the nozzle so that it would still stay up there but would easily slide right off as soon as u press the button. so that u get that in your drink. and u get ur shirt sprayed with soda.

when we where young we used to do it to people all the time as kids. but we took the nozzle all the way off. kids now a days leave it on slightly. its basicly like the lossen the salt cap on the salt shaker trick.

employee's at mcdonalds do it to each other also. I have been eating at a mcdonalds before. and an employee removed one on the machine behind the counter. and then the guy working the drivethru got sprayed, and was like ahh u ****er! and the other employee laughed.

for 5 bucks a hour. they don't take to much **** seriously now a days.

you where nozzeled. be happy u where not condom nozzeled.

I have known people that take the cap off. place a new unused condom in the black cap then twist it back on, then when someone goes to get soda, the condom fills up. "like its getting an errection" then it eventualy pops. or the bewealred guest goes up to the counter and tries to explain that there is a soda filled condom sticking out of the machine he tried to get soda from.

I have never done that but I have seen it done, from a friend of a friend, back when I was like 16, at the mcdonolds right outside of disney land.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2007 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopClick Here to Email jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fierotrevor: its basicly like the lossen the salt cap on the salt shaker trick.

thats not how its done, you take the lid off, get a napkin, put it on top, hold it there, turn the shaker upside down, pull the napkin out and set the lid on the bottom of the now upside down salt/pepper/cheese shaker.
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 349
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2007 02:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageClick Here to Email FieroRumorSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Glad she is ok... there was an incident near here where a person got really sick from their "soda"... it had cleaning fluid in it
they half cleaned it...

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 392
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2007 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Failing to do a good job no matter where you work will only ensure that you will stay working for minimum wage. What do you do when all of the minimum wage jobs are gone.
PFF
System Bot
86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2007 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

I wonder if they could prove that you stuck some JB Weld in their door locks in the middle of the night? :evil grin:

Uhh, problem, open 24 hours... lol they wouldnt notice for years and years...

I cannot Beleive no one knows why this has happend? you where nozzeled dude!

Nozzletouf !!!

Failing to do a good job no matter where you work will only ensure that you will stay working for minimum wage. What do you do when all of the minimum wage jobs are gone.

Minimum wage my a**, from what I've heard they make about 10$/hr at McD in Columbus. I find it hard to believe given they are complete idiots, slow, rude, and I swear one chick handing out the food was high. But I've been told that by what I would assume to be a reliable source. Course im sure its lower other places, I know around here you could go to a nice sit-down restraunt and have your food before the McD in my town.

Of course nothing beats the time the called the police on me when I was sitting in thier parking lot eating my food I had just got. I should have had that managers job, dont know why it didnt dawn on me at the time. Probably because I knew the officer that responded so while I was a little shocked I just got out of the car and we joked and chit chatted for a while. I asked about pressing charges for filing a false police report or something, as they knew my car, who I was and knew I had just gotten food, the manager just didnt like me, but I never followed up on it.

[This message has been edited by 86GT3.4DOHC (edited 01-07-2007).]

Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2007 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86GT3.4DOHC:

Minimum wage my a**, from what I've heard they make about 10$/hr at McD in Columbus. I find it hard to believe given they are complete idiots, slow, rude, and I swear one chick handing out the food was high. But I've been told that by what I would assume to be a reliable source. Course im sure its lower other places, I know around here you could go to a nice sit-down restraunt and have your food before the McD in my town.

Of course nothing beats the time the called the police on me when I was sitting in thier parking lot eating my food I had just got. I should have had that managers job, dont know why it didnt dawn on me at the time. Probably because I knew the officer that responded so while I was a little shocked I just got out of the car and we joked and chit chatted for a while. I asked about pressing charges for filing a false police report or something, as they knew my car, who I was and knew I had just gotten food, the manager just didnt like me, but I never followed up on it.

Id have pressed it personally.

Many years ago i had a bad experience once at a wendys in a not so great part of town, where i was threatened by a worker AND the worker was supported by the shift manager. ( all beacuse i complained that the food was not as ordered ) Not that i was worried, she made threats in front of witnesses, and if she actually jumped over the counter to cause me or my wife harm i could have shot her. But she was out of line, as was her 'manager'.

A call to the regional manager that evening netted me free food for months, and within a week that particular store was boarded up, later to be torn down totally ( it was the last straw apparently ).

86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2007 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

Id have pressed it personally.

Many years ago i had a bad experience once at a wendys in a not so great part of town, where i was threatened by a worker AND the worker was supported by the shift manager. ( all beacuse i complained that the food was not as ordered ) Not that i was worried, she made threats in front of witnesses, and if she actually jumped over the counter to cause me or my wife harm i could have shot her. But she was out of line, as was her 'manager'.

A call to the regional manager that evening netted me free food for months, and within a week that particular store was boarded up, later to be torn down totally ( it was the last straw apparently ).

Normaly I would have, not sure what I was thinking, I was busy a lot at that time in my life.

I would have gone back to that wendys on the last day and ask them if it was worth getting everyone fired and rub it in thier faces that it was thier fault that the store was closing.

It takes a whole 'nother breed to work fast food apparently. I mean I know they dont get paid a lot(most places), and surely dont care that much about thier work, but so many of them are just borderline retarded, i mean really, I ask for a chicken sandwich meal, and have to repeat myself four times, literaly, only to end up with nothing more than a chicken sandwich in a bag.

84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 351
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2007 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorClick Here to Email 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
Don't EVER order fast food in compton. There bitches! seriously.

I ordered a cheeseburger once from a jack in the box and it had no cheese which I had ordered a cheese burger from.
so i went back thru line. and ended up waiting twenty minutes in line, got back to the front and was like, i was in the drive thru for the last twenty mintues, and i got no cheese on my burger. and she was like U didn't order a cheese burger. and I was like yes I did, and she goes no you didnt! and it aint been no twenty mintues.

and I said yes I did I want cheese. so the lady "she is the cashier who handles dirty money and crap" unwraps my burger, touching it with her dirty hands and goes carl put some cheese on this on this!
and I was like thats cold now its been twenty mintues make me a new one please. and goes u want what??? oh no you didn't wait twenty mintues. I was extremely pissed by this time. so I said I am not leaving tell I get a new burger, Then I thought about how much they where gonna spit in it before they gave it to me because they where obveisly upset with me. so I decided I didn't want the burger. But I didn't say anything to them tell they where done making it. then when she tried to hand it to me I said no thanks. I want my money back. gave her my half empty soda I was drinking. got my refund. and some black dude in the back started yelling. this is what you do? this is what u do? I dunno what the **** that meant. But I left. and didn't get shot, so all in all it was a good day

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock