Started on: 01-06-2007 06:04 AM
Replies: 38
Last post by: Iron_Mark_2003 on 01-17-2007 11:33 PM
Iron_Mark_2003

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2007 06:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Iron_Mark_2003Send a Private Message to Iron_Mark_2003Direct Link to This Post
Lets see some pics of your PC Case Mods here. Please post pics only of yours that you have or have done.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2007 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Deabionni

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2007 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniDirect Link to This Post
Here's our current PC case as it came stock. (Lian-Li PC-0710B case with aquarium side panel).

Shortly after building the PC, we tore it down again to paint the inside blue. While we were painting the inside of the case, I also drilled out the rivets holding the aquarium plexi in place; so that we could switch it out with a regular piece of plexi in the future, should we get tired of the aquarium panel.

Bad pic, but shows the complete side.

Better pic showing the detail.

While we had the case apart, the other mod I performed was the "stealth drive" mod on our DVD burner.

Drive closed.

Drive open.

I've already added some LED feet (not pictured), and in the next few weeks I'll be tearing the case down again to further clean up the exposed wiring. I'll add some LED switches in a 3.5" bay to control the lights, as I hate seeing some of the wires that lead to the PCI controllers for the lights. I also plan on hiding a lot of the wires behind the motherboard tray, and cut holes in the tray where the wires need to come out and attach to the motherboard. Wish me luck.
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2007 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
Well, here is me diligently working on Tangerine XP, an Imac I turned into a PC....

And here is the mostly finished product...

It is an AMD 2400 running a skinned winXP to look like Mac OSX

My next mod is my new laptop, I should have everything ready to do it in about a month or two.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2007 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
My First Mod:

My First Gaming Mod:

My Last Mod:

The Mod I Can't Quite Figure Out.............Yet:

Falcon4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 161
User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2007 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon4Click Here to visit Falcon4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Falcon4Direct Link to This Post
Whoa... what the hell is that first one?
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2007 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon4:

Whoa... what the hell is that first one?

I'll give you a hint:

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 01-06-2007).]

Deabionni

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2007 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

I'll give you a hint:

Some sort of computer control for a bowling pin machine?
Falcon4

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2007 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon4Click Here to visit Falcon4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Falcon4Direct Link to This Post
Those machines are fascinating!! I hate you.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2007 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopDirect Link to This Post
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2007 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
heres how mine sits now,
sony Vaio, the Power supplu died so i bought a new one, all the sony crap is "snap in" to the case, and the power supply dosent fit so i have to mod it to put it back together, its been this way for like 2 months, one of these days ill get it all buttoned up

------------------

AIM:Onefast2M8
02 Jetta 1.8t
98 GTI 2.slow
02 CBR 954RR

PFF
System Bot
Falcon4

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2007 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon4Click Here to visit Falcon4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Falcon4Direct Link to This Post
Wait, do you need a new power supply for a Sony?

$30 shipped?
naskie18

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 194
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2007 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post

And an older picture with a red light in the case:

------------------
Nick www.naskie18.com GoogleTalk: nick@naskie18.com

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2007 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopDirect Link to This Post
if this was a contest we would have a winner
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2007 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Falcon4

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-07-2007 02:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon4Click Here to visit Falcon4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Falcon4Direct Link to This Post
I HEARD MY NAME!111/1/1/1 D:
Iron_Mark_2003

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2007 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Iron_Mark_2003Send a Private Message to Iron_Mark_2003Direct Link to This Post
My recent project:

[This message has been edited by Iron_Mark_2003 (edited 01-09-2007).]

84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 351
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2007 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 8Ball:

Well, here is me diligently working on Tangerine XP, an Imac I turned into a PC....

And here is the mostly finished product...

It is an AMD 2400 running a skinned winXP to look like Mac OSX

My next mod is my new laptop, I should have everything ready to do it in about a month or two.

Dude that is cool! I want one of those
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2007 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
My TT Xaser3, Pretty much stock besides the digital equalizer mounted in front.

This images is larger than 102400 bytes. Click to view.

------------------
www.FieroDomain.com
Over 120 Fiero Links
Articles
Images
Diagnostics

[This message has been edited by Xanth (edited 01-07-2007).]

Iron_Mark_2003

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2007 06:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Iron_Mark_2003Send a Private Message to Iron_Mark_2003Direct Link to This Post
Hey, Naskie (Nick). Did that vent on top of your PC case come already attached to the case (stock) when you bought it or is that something you mounted and installed w/ a fan yourself?
8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2007 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
84fierotrevor,

Glad you liked it I have had alot of fun building it. I hope to next month, take it back apart and finish it up. I am going to be covering my laptop in a vinyl wrap likely next month as well.
And on that note...

I have a GREAT idea for a laptop wrap that I will not be using. So maybe someone here wants it Have a wrap made that looks like a well traveled hard leather suitcase, complete with the stickers from other cities and all. Have two leather straps either in the graphic, or go all out and attached to the laptop for real. Similar to this, Suitcase Pic. And Decal Girl can print it out for you

Rumor and Naskie take the cake!! That Fiero emblem, I have always loved. The same goes for the MF mod of Rumors. I still have not started my Dr. Who mod, but I have everything but the wood together. I have the plans drawn up, all my measurements ready and the hardware together. I just have to get the wood and start building my T.A.R.D.I.S.

Randy

[This message has been edited by 8Ball (edited 01-08-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2007 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
well, my case mod isnt cosmetic - and in fact - ugly - so no pics
my home PC is in the basement, and in the winter - its cold down there.
so, I have a duct going from the power supply fan, to blow warm air on the keyboard
then, I have another duct, which takes heat from the hard drives, and blows it on my mouse.
keeps my little fingers warmer when I play my games......
kerosene has gotten so expensive, I stopped using my kerosene heater......
naskie18

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 194
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2007 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Iron_Mark_2003:

Hey, Naskie (Nick). Did that vent on top of your PC case come already attached to the case (stock) when you bought it or is that something you mounted and installed w/ a fan yourself?

That came stock with the case, but it looks like it'd be pretty easy to add one yourself.
ig88vsbobafett

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2007 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ig88vsbobafettSend a Private Message to ig88vsbobafettDirect Link to This Post
Not a mod question but a upgrad one

I have a HP m7640n

Athlon 64 X2 5000+
2 Gigs of Ram
320gig HD
Crappy Geforce 6150Le

and i think it only has a 250 watt power supply and i want to upgrade the video card but i know i will need a new power suppy and i was wondering what kind of PS do you use for a HP ?
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-08-2007 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
I have the Enermax Noisetaker 420W in 2 of my machines.
I have been using them for years without so much as a glitch.

http://www.enermax.com.tw/english/product_suppl...
ig88vsbobafett

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2007 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ig88vsbobafettSend a Private Message to ig88vsbobafettDirect Link to This Post

I have the Enermax Noisetaker 420W in 2 of my machines.
I have been using them for years without so much as a glitch.

http://www.enermax.com.tw/english/product_suppl...

I just dont know what HP uses for a motherboard ATX ? or BTX and dose that matter for the power supply
8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2007 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
YES you need a new power supply, and the one Boonie showed you will work on either ATX or BTX.
Personally, I cannot believe HP packs a 250 watt power supply with an AMD 64 anyway?!?!?!?!? Not really enough juice to run the machine even with onboard video.
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2007 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post
Here's my 1st attempt at my Car-puter enclosure. I don't have the DC-DC power supply yet, so the original Computer's PS is just sitting outside the case:

Since taking those pictures I've installed handles on the sides and cleaned up the wiring a bit. I'm still not sure if that will be the final box, I'm thinking of making it wider in order to move the CD and HDD and make it shorter.

[This message has been edited by OKflyboy (edited 01-08-2007).]

SonataInFSharp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2007 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SonataInFSharpSend a Private Message to SonataInFSharpDirect Link to This Post
I took the "P4 HT" and "Designed for XP" stickers off the font of my Gateway. It looks like a sleeper now! Hahaha!
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2007 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

so, I have a duct going from the power supply fan, to blow warm air on the keyboard
then, I have another duct, which takes heat from the hard drives, and blows it on my mouse.

It may be ugly, but it's a good idea. You've already paid to heat that air - might as well get use of it.
Iron_Mark_2003

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2007 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Iron_Mark_2003Send a Private Message to Iron_Mark_2003Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

I have to see a picture of this!

PFF
System Bot
8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2007 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OKflyboy:

Here's my 1st attempt at my Car-puter enclosure. I don't have the DC-DC power supply yet, so the original Computer's PS is just sitting outside the case:

Since taking those pictures I've installed handles on the sides and cleaned up the wiring a bit. I'm still not sure if that will be the final box, I'm thinking of making it wider in order to move the CD and HDD and make it shorter.

If you are going to go with a basic square shape, why not use one of the micro-atx cases. Cover that with carpet to match your car and put in blow holes with some slick fan guards on them. It would save alot of work for yourself in the long run and be alot cooler than using wood. Wooden cases hold the heat in, they absorb it. While an aluminum case, even covered in carpet, with a blow hole or two, will run much cooler. Here are a few cases to consider.....
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?C...

Just something to consider. I have seen some beautiful wooden and MDF cases. But i would not trust any of them to keep a pc alive in a car. Also for your car-puter you will need to use laptop 2.5" HDD's. Not desktop 3.5" HDD's. It will not survive. Also you will need to mount your laptop HDD on something that will cushion the vibration somewhat. I use rubber mounts and I tend to see the drives live 1-2 years. A Desktop drive will not last you 4 months max. It is not designed to be run under the torture of being shaken. A laptop drive is not either, but has a much higher tolerance.

Randy

[This message has been edited by 8Ball (edited 01-09-2007).]

OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2007 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 8Ball:
Also for your car-puter you will need to use laptop 2.5" HDD's. Not desktop 3.5" HDD's. It will not survive. Also you will need to mount your laptop HDD on something that will cushion the vibration somewhat.

There's quite a bit of debat on that over at mp3car.com. There are also MANY people there with 3.5" HDDs, not cushioned, doing just fine... BTW, my mission was to do this on the cheap, by hacking up an old desktop, and if it works, then build a better one...

Also, as far as the wood case goes, my DIY projector's made out of the same MDF, it's got a 400w Metal Halide lamp burning inside it, not to mention the LCD controller boards and haven't have a problem in almost 3 years...

Thanks for the advice though...

[This message has been edited by OKflyboy (edited 01-09-2007).]

Iron_Mark_2003

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2007 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Iron_Mark_2003Send a Private Message to Iron_Mark_2003Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xanth:

My TT Xaser3, Pretty much stock besides the digital equalizer mounted in front.

We all know what you're doing with that webcam...... Do you yahooooooooooooooooo?
Iron_Mark_2003

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2007 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Iron_Mark_2003Send a Private Message to Iron_Mark_2003Direct Link to This Post
Hey Nick (Naskie18) I was trying to find some parts to almost make a recreation of your top fan. Don't know where to look for something like that, any advice? Is that an inlet or outlet fan?
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2007 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
hey boonie... was that an alienware i saw up there?

oops

[This message has been edited by Finally_Mine_86_GT (edited 01-10-2007).]

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2007 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post

HEY wait a minute!

We are Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

That explains a lot

------------------

1984 Fiero SE

Iron_Mark_2003

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Iron_Mark_2003Send a Private Message to Iron_Mark_2003Direct Link to This Post
I recently added a light strip to better illuminate the inside:

[This message has been edited by Iron_Mark_2003 (edited 01-17-2007).]

Iron_Mark_2003

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Iron_Mark_2003Send a Private Message to Iron_Mark_2003Direct Link to This Post

Iron_Mark_2003

1767 posts
Member since Jun 2004

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock