Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Help!!Spilled some soup on my keyboard!! (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Help!!Spilled some soup on my keyboard!! by fierofetish
Started on: 01-05-2007 06:15 PM
Replies: 50
Last post by: fierofetish on 01-08-2007 02:45 PM
Vonov

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2007 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofetish:

ffyhxxxfqruiirll\pp00l8ki6yu3\xx\

Poor bastidge...computers often make me feel that way...
IP: Logged
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post01-08-2007 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-08-2007 07:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post

fierofetish

19173 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2007 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
awwwww well its great to see you online hope it will come to you soon .welcome back in a way funny lol
Newbfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2007 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post

Newbfiero

2989 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Originally posted by Newbfiero:

awwwww well its great to see you online hope it will come to you soon .welcome back in a way funny lol

Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2007 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
Hey Nick- the offer still stands.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-08-2007 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Well, waddaya know!! My friend who is the new owner of the Spitfire, has the same laptop...and his partner (girlfriend sounds so much better ), shut the screen down...onto a USB flashdrive...and knackered the screen!! Sooooo. karma visits again ..I bought a USB keyboard and mouse this morning...and he wants one!! So, we did a swap!! Plugged it in a minute ago, and here I am!!
Errr..Taijiguy...thanks for the offer, but....are you forgetting that I am in Spain? ? Post the transmitter, and keyboard to you, you clean the keyboard and send it back?? Ha!! A new keyboard is only £27...and it would take a month to send and return...and besides, it is totalled as you can see in the pic above.
Didn't anybody like my handwritten post? I thought it was a stroke of genius!! If you look at the properties of the second pic, you will see that its name is hundreds of u's long That is how well the old keyboard was working..so I figured taking a pic and posting it ( was already connected to the photo-hosting site, and so didn't need to use the keyboard to post a piccy...so I wrote out, and took a photo, and posted it!!
(deafening silence... ) ah well, I thought it pretty smart!!
Nick
Falcon4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 161
User Banned

Report this Post01-08-2007 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon4Click Here to visit Falcon4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Falcon4Direct Link to This Post
I thought it was brilliant - except I didn't understand the size=3 /size thing. You DO have to put something between the tags, y'know?

As for the keyboard, I'm certain it isn't "totaled". Did you ever actually take the keyboard completely out of the computer...? It looks like you took the caps off the keys but... what about the board underneath (with the electronics you need to clean)? Aye...

I guess it worked out... the broken screen isn't totally the end of that other computer either... if he wants to avoid a new laptop he can just go on eBay and buy a new screen (of that same model) and it'll be a perfect swap. I just repaired a computer that was actually thrown in a little ***** -catfight - a new LCD panel and it was as good as new. Well, after some plastic unbending.
Newbfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2007 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
I thought it pretty smart!!
Nick

Its was ..
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2007 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofetish:

Well, waddaya know!! My friend who is the new owner of the Spitfire, has the same laptop...and his partner (girlfriend sounds so much better ), shut the screen down...onto a USB flashdrive...and knackered the screen!! Sooooo. karma visits again ..I bought a USB keyboard and mouse this morning...and he wants one!! So, we did a swap!! Plugged it in a minute ago, and here I am!!
Errr..Taijiguy...thanks for the offer, but....are you forgetting that I am in Spain? ? Post the transmitter, and keyboard to you, you clean the keyboard and send it back?? Ha!! A new keyboard is only £27...and it would take a month to send and return...and besides, it is totalled as you can see in the pic above.
Didn't anybody like my handwritten post? I thought it was a stroke of genius!! If you look at the properties of the second pic, you will see that its name is hundreds of u's long That is how well the old keyboard was working..so I figured taking a pic and posting it ( was already connected to the photo-hosting site, and so didn't need to use the keyboard to post a piccy...so I wrote out, and took a photo, and posted it!!
(deafening silence... ) ah well, I thought it pretty smart!!
Nick

Well, you were going to send me the mic anyway. Didn't figure it would take that long to get here and back, and they don't weigh anything so didn't figure postage could be THAT high. And that keyboard isn't trashed, it's just in PIECES, which I could have easily resolved. (I do it every day) It worked out better for you anyway!
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-08-2007 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Taijiguy:
Well, you were going to send me the mic anyway. Didn't figure it would take that long to get here and back, and they don't weigh anything so didn't figure postage could be THAT high. And that keyboard isn't trashed, it's just in PIECES, which I could have easily resolved. (I do it every day) It worked out better for you anyway!

!! the microphone and the trans/reciever weigh about 5 lbs and postage to/ from the States can take up to 6 weeks each way...ask cliffw!! That is one reason why I rarely buy anything from the USA..it takes forever, and costs a fortune!! Just one GT fastback sail panel cost me around $35..and that weighed nothing!! And to be honest, I couldn't afford to ship it at my expense..no income since October, and none likely for a while either ..and we didn't know for sure whether it would work anyway Sorry if you think I have let you down.....
Nick

PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay