Started on: 01-05-2007 10:36 AM
Replies: 7
Last post by: tutnkmn on 01-08-2007 04:25 PM
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2007 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Hello all who have decided to at least hear me out with this one. I'm looking for some cheap parts that are better then what i'm working with. My brother-in-law is in rehab and finally getting his life back in order after so much and i'm trying to get him a pc built up so he can better occupy his time when he gets out... so far i have a hp pavilion 6630, it's a 500mhz celeron with 256mb ram and a 10gb hd... now i know going out and buying a good used premade would be better. Honestly i don't have the $$$ to do that. My funds are extremely limited. it's bad enough i'm getting a fiero that i'm going to start building for him. Now normally i wouldn't bother with a person who has a nasty habbit and screws me over but there was one event in this whole ordeal that makes me want to help him stay on the straights. Now my inlaws are not effectionate people by any means. No hugs, kisses, "i love you's" notta... so i can somewhat understand where it came from and i was about to turn my back on him till i saw something i never thought i would see. he caved in to me, my wife and thier father. he actually hugged him while in tears of the realization of what he's done to his family. enough about that, my wife reads the forum and i can only imagine what hell i'm going to get for even posting this... so... back to the point. i'm trying to make the system a bit faster because right now it's a slug... it should be a boat anchor. i'm thinking a small atx maybe no faster then a p3 with a decent amount of ram and a 40gb hd should do the trick. mostly he likes his music and sometimes chat apps like paltalk. so i'm thinking this should do well. now... does anybody know where i can get these things dirt cheap since they are out dated? or does somebody here have something in those specs for cheap they wouldn't mind selling? i have a thinkpad t20 for parts but it needs a motherboard and a lcd light tube i think i still have the ram and everything else but those parts are way too much for me right now. Thank you to whom ever can help with this.

~Dave~
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
connecticutFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2007 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

Hello all who have decided to at least hear me out with this one. I'm looking for some cheap parts that are better then what i'm working with. My brother-in-law is in rehab and finally getting his life back in order after so much and i'm trying to get him a pc built up so he can better occupy his time when he gets out... so far i have a hp pavilion 6630, it's a 500mhz celeron with 256mb ram and a 10gb hd... now i know going out and buying a good used premade would be better. Honestly i don't have the $$$ to do that. My funds are extremely limited. it's bad enough i'm getting a fiero that i'm going to start building for him. Now normally i wouldn't bother with a person who has a nasty habbit and screws me over but there was one event in this whole ordeal that makes me want to help him stay on the straights. Now my inlaws are not effectionate people by any means. No hugs, kisses, "i love you's" notta... so i can somewhat understand where it came from and i was about to turn my back on him till i saw something i never thought i would see. he caved in to me, my wife and thier father. he actually hugged him while in tears of the realization of what he's done to his family. enough about that, my wife reads the forum and i can only imagine what hell i'm going to get for even posting this... so... back to the point. i'm trying to make the system a bit faster because right now it's a slug... it should be a boat anchor. i'm thinking a small atx maybe no faster then a p3 with a decent amount of ram and a 40gb hd should do the trick. mostly he likes his music and sometimes chat apps like paltalk. so i'm thinking this should do well. now... does anybody know where i can get these things dirt cheap since they are out dated? or does somebody here have something in those specs for cheap they wouldn't mind selling? i have a thinkpad t20 for parts but it needs a motherboard and a lcd light tube i think i still have the ram and everything else but those parts are way too much for me right now. Thank you to whom ever can help with this.

~Dave~

I have some PC 100 sticks of RAM you can have if they'll be of use. You need to figure out what processor and MoBo you'll have first though. I also have a CD ROM drive you can have.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2007 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
thank you very much... i have pc133's for the thinkpad but the MoBo is to $$$... the desktop has a cd-rom. but i'm trying to get a cd burner for it... i know they aren't that bad anymore price wise... thank you again... i'll let you know as soon as i know what MoBo.

edit: i know the thinkpad t20, t21, t22 and the t23 all fit in the same cases if somebody has a MoBo for cheap. i would like to get the thinkpad up and running but it seems like to much. i'm pretty sure i have an extra lower case for a t20-t23 if anybody needs it.

[This message has been edited by Finally_Mine_86_GT (edited 01-05-2007).]

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2007 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post

Finally_Mine_86_GT

4809 posts
Member since Sep 2006
i know people are coming home from work so.... bump ttt.
fieroluv

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2007 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroluvSend a Private Message to fieroluvDirect Link to This Post
I have just about anything you could possibly need. Do you have any fiero parts for trade?

I have a P4 processor w/mboard and ram
I also have P3 processors w/mboard and ram
40 gig and up hard drives
old pc cases w/power supplies
video cards coming out of my ears
56 K modems coming out my ears as well
floppy drives
cd roms
zip drives -new in box
wireless routers
15 and 17 " monitors

If you need anything not listed let me know and I can probably hook you up.

also have a couple extra unused copies of MS Office 2002 SB edition

[This message has been edited by fieroluv (edited 01-05-2007).]

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2007 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
ok it's been a few days so i'm bumping... still need some cheap pc parts.
Gecko - thank you but i really don't like dell and the other pc they have are way over what i can afford.
fieroluv - you have another PM.
Falcon4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 161
User Banned

Report this Post01-08-2007 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon4Click Here to visit Falcon4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Falcon4Direct Link to This Post
Voila?

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/046770.html

TOO MUCH cheap PC parts for sale there... including a dirt cheap complete Pentium III system (just needs a case)!
tutnkmn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2007 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post
Lots of NEW and CHEAP PC stuff is available from Acortech:

www.acortech.com

Also, newer complete systems (without operating systems) available from:

http://www.retrobox.com/rbwww/home/

Good luck!

[This message has been edited by tutnkmn (edited 01-08-2007).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave