My new toy at work..... by 87 Pegasus
Started on: 01-04-2007 01:25 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: rogergarrison on 01-06-2007 03:00 PM
87 Pegasus

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2007 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post
It is called the Mimaki JV3-160 63" Solvent Printer

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2007 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Sweet
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2007 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
Looks purdy. But what's the difference between a "solvent" printer and another?

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

84fierotrevor

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 351
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2007 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

it uses solvents?
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2007 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
I guess since its so big, it prob uses ink tanks instead of cartridges. Is that the kind that can make like 4X6 foot prints. ?Hows the photo quality ? If it does good quality at that size I might throw some jobs your way. I can shoot as high as 9 mgp (3500-1600 roughly). I get people who want life size pics or big posters of property shots. I just had a 2 X 6 foot blowup done for $65.
87 Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2007 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

A "solvent" printer uses UV inks and can be used for up to 5 years outside. You can print on banner, vinyl, billboards, etc... A inkjet printer which we also have (HP5000) uses DYE inks and have to be laminated if outside use is required. DYE can run if they get wet compared to UV which imbend themselves into the material.

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I guess since its so big, it prob uses ink tanks instead of cartridges. Is that the kind that can make like 4X6 foot prints. ?Hows the photo quality ? If it does good quality at that size I might throw some jobs your way. I can shoot as high as 9 mgp (3500-1600 roughly). I get people who want life size pics or big posters of property shots. I just had a 2 X 6 foot blowup done for $65.

No this printer uses CMYK Cartridges. There are two sets four (one Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black) for each side of the printer. We can print up to 62 3/4 wide max and how ever long. The quality is excellent we use the program ONYX to rip the prints. It automaticly will increase the DPI to 600 (it will add in the pixels to go from a 300 DPI print to a 600 DPI print.
We have not set up the pricing yet that will be done next week and the trianing I will have to go through is about 2 weeks starting next monday. Fun for me... haha

Also, if you look to the left you will see something covered in plastic... that is the "air scrubber" it cleans the air coming as it comes off the printers. Since "solvent" inks are very dangerous to breath . So if you don't hear form me in a week or so...something went wrong.... the over all lenght from end to end with the air scrubber attached is 114" the back all of my room is 120" so it will just fit in.

Also if you look at the picture the back wall of my room (the life size fish tank) was printed on our HP5000 DYE ink printer. If we were to reprint it on the Mimaki it would look 100x's better and last alot longer. Right now we had to print it with 5 panels (the HP5000 is a 43" printer) with the new one we can print it about 2 panels.

[This message has been edited by 87 Pegasus (edited 01-04-2007).]

whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2007 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
Cool. Can ya squeeze a Fiero through one of those? Or maybe a person. I'd like to have myself redone, only better looking.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2007 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
Oh oh oh oh!!!! You may just have a job I need a Vinyl print done for my laptop. 3 sheets at 16.5 inches by 12.5 inches. I am working on having the artwork designed as we speak!
Do you guy per chance also have the equipment to put a high gloss coat on top of a vinyl print?

Randy

P.S. Anyone have a SUPER high res dead on shot of carbon fiber?
87 Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2007 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 8Ball:

Oh oh oh oh!!!! You may just have a job I need a Vinyl print done for my laptop. 3 sheets at 16.5 inches by 12.5 inches. I am working on having the artwork designed as we speak!
Do you guy per chance also have the equipment to put a high gloss coat on top of a vinyl print?

Randy

P.S. Anyone have a SUPER high res dead on shot of carbon fiber?

If you are referring to lamination. we have a gloss and a luster lam that we put onto prints. As of right now we do not have anything to laminate vinyl with. Like I said it will be about 2 weeks or so before we ever get this big boy up and running 100%.....I still have to do 2 weeks of training....
85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2007 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTDirect Link to This Post
i also work at a fast signs, which it appears is where you work.
87 Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2007 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85sliverGT:

i also work at a fast signs, which it appears is where you work.

Yes I do. I am in Carpentersville IL store 97. Where is your Fastsigns located? We got a D-200 Route last year so we needed a new toy this year and it came today... :-) I am the Production manager of our store. Haha I run the Edge, Plotter, HP5000, D-200 Router, and now the Mimaki. So you can say that my room is going to be very tight, except for the router which we have in the back room away from my room and the production area.

How big is your store?
PFF
System Bot
85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2007 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTDirect Link to This Post
im in montgomeryville, PA. im also in production...but i dont have to do much with the printers or plotters becuase our designer takes care of all that. our store is pretty small like most are but we are expanding this month and doubling in size. (which is going to be GREAT)

-blake
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2007 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
PM sent Pegasus........

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock