Started on: 01-02-2007 07:23 AM
Replies: 9
Last post by: Nurb432 on 05-13-2007 07:32 PM
fierofetish

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post01-02-2007 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishClick Here to Email fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
There is an upsurge of items being displayed as 'post free' to the winner..but in the main body the shipping IS charged for. And another one? 'Shipping free' is again posted on the auction..but they send them 'Shipping paid by recipient upon delivery'.This appears to be in the Uk eBay at the moment. I MIGHT be wrong, but just check very carefully!! Some people have been buying MP4 players, apparently from the UK, and post free. However, they are being sent out from Hongkong. You have to pay the shipping costs to the person delivering the item..here are a couple of examples:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Triumph-Spitfire-Mk-IV-1500-Bottom-Gasket-Set_W0QQitemZ330066486854QQihZ014QQcategoryZ27383QQrd Z1QQcmdZViewItem
If you check the main page, it is listed as FREE under shippingas are several others:

http:/ /search.ebay.co.uk/REAR-WING-FINNISHER-STRIP-SET-SPITFIRE-MK-4-
1500_W0QQfsiZ1QQitemidZ230069486005QQitemstateZ2QQsatitleZREARQ20WINGQ20Q20FINNISHERQ20STRIPQ20SETQ20Q20SPITFIREQ20MKQ204Q20Q2fQ201500QQsspagenameZADMEQ3aBQ3aEOIBUAAQ3aUKQ3a14

Oh sh!t..can somebody edit the links to make them shorter, please? I don't know how to
Nick
Nick

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 01-02-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2007 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageClick Here to Email AusFieroSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
There ya go
LINK 1

LINK 2

[This message has been edited by AusFiero (edited 01-02-2007).]

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-02-2007 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishClick Here to Email fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Errrr..looks just as long to me, Aus!! And the second one isn't highlighted!! Hahaha!!
Is it just me?
Nick
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2007 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageClick Here to Email AusFieroSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
Ok it worked that time. Here is how you do it nick. Replace the { and } I use in the example with [ and ]

{url=http://www.mysite.com/mylink.html}My Link Name{/url}

[This message has been edited by AusFiero (edited 01-02-2007).]

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-02-2007 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishClick Here to Email fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Aus!! I will try to remember that
Nick
USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2007 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post
Hi all, I wanted to append this thread to let you all know I got what appeared to be a bogus - albeit very convincing - e-mail telling me I was now a "Power Seller" and to click on a link to get my Power Seller tools and logo for my auctions... granted, I have over 200 feedback points, but I sell only about as much as I buy. The e-mail was very well written with eBay graphics and verbiage and all, but the links looked not-quite-right, and I didn't have the same message in my "Messages" page when I logged on to eBay. I shoulda kept it and posted a screen capture, but I did the usual 'report this to eBay' thing and deleted it.

------------------
John DuRette
Custom 85 SE/86 GT
"Kinda makes you nostalgic for a Members Only jacket"

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2007 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
I get these "gold seller, silver seller" offers all the time. The I get attention needed from paypal. Any notes I get unsolicited from ebay or pay pal I forward them to spoofebay.com or spoofpaypal.com then get a form note back telling me what I already know: pfishing email. If I was more computer devious, I'd send some virus back to those pfishing emails.
Sjuice

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2007 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SjuiceClick Here to visit Sjuice's HomePageClick Here to Email SjuiceSend a Private Message to SjuiceDirect Link to This Post
I got an "ebay" email last week asking me to respond to a buyer's question but I haven't listed anything this year so I knew it was phishy. Always open a fresh browser rather than clicking a link to your accounts. And watch the address bar for anything odd in the links.
dcfox

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2007 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcfoxClick Here to Email dcfoxSend a Private Message to dcfoxDirect Link to This Post
I always...I repeat ALWAYS...go to my ebay account and check messages before replying to or clicking any link in...any email looking like it's from an ebay member.

Case in point...
I just got one a couple days ago asking about shipping on one of my auctions.
I did the above...and the email was in fact...not in my messages at ebay.
So I did a little investigating.
Turns out that the person sending the email is no longer a registered ebay user.
Also...the "respond now" and the link back to my auction in the email...neither went where they were supposed to.
Both had the same target address.So...I made sure my virus protection was updated...and clicked on the link.(not really a safe thing to do...but I knew I could fix any problems should they arise).
Seems the link went to an "ebay sign in page"...which was obviously a fake.
Had I not been aware of these scams...I would have just signed in...thus giving the person my sign in name and password.
These guys are pretty sneaky so be careful.
Best advise...if you gen an ebay email...before you even open it...go to your ebay account and see if it's in your messages folder.If it's not...IT'S A FAKE.

------------------
--David

Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2007 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sjuice:

I got an "ebay" email last week asking me to respond to a buyer's question but I haven't listed anything this year so I knew it was phishy. Always open a fresh browser rather than clicking a link to your accounts. And watch the address bar for anything odd in the links.

I get those every so often and i dont even have an ebay account

Normally they get nabbed by my spam filter, but not always.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock