Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Mini Computer! (Not Micro, But Pretty Small!)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Mini Computer! (Not Micro, But Pretty Small!) by Boondawg
Started on: 12-28-2006 06:14 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: Falcon4 on 12-29-2006 01:38 AM
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 337
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2006 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgClick Here to Email BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
Systemax Impact Celeron M 1.4GHz / 256MB DDR / 40GB HDD / DVD-ROM/CD-RW Combo Drive / Gigabit & Wireless LAN / Windows XP Home / Mini PC
Systemax Mini Desktop PC!
Big PC Features in a Mini Case!
The Systemax Impact Mini PC comes with an Intel Celeron M processor 360 (1.40GHz, 400MHz Front Side Bus) with double the internal cache of its predecessor for greater performance and faster multi-tasking! The spectacular Mini PC boasts 256MB of quick, efficient DDR2 memory and a huge 40GB hard drive. There is also a top-quality DVD-ROM/CD burner you can use to watch DVD movies, listen to CD's and to burn data, music and movies to CD's. The TV-Out connector and audio output jack allow you to add the features of a wireless PC to your entertainment center. Take it to LAN parties or any place where there is a compatible display and speakers (or use headphones). It comes with a Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard 2000 and Microsoft Optical Wheel Mouse. It runs on the reliable and secure Microsoft Windows XP Home operating system. It has everything you need for internet, email, home and office programs, LAN parties and games in a convenient and portable Mini case that is only 6 and 1/2 inches wide/deep and 2 inches tall!

Price: $549.99
Less Rebate: - $100.00
Final Price: $449.99

Specifications:
Operating Systems - Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition SP2
Platform - PC
Form Factor - Mini
PCI Slots (Total) - 1
Expansion Slots - 1
Processor Brand - Intel®
Processor Class - Celeron® M
Processor Number - 360
Processor Speed - 1.40GHz
Memory Type - DDR2
Total Memory - 256MB
Capacity - 40GB
Optical Drive Type - DVD-ROM / CD-RW Combo
Audio Description - Integrated Audio
Graphics Description - Integrated Graphics
Communications Description - Integrated LAN Support/Integrated Wireless
Data Transfer Rate - 10Mbps/100Mbps/1000Mbps
Mouse Type - Optical/Wheel/Buttons 3
Keyboard Type - Standard
Height - 2"
Width - 6.5"
Depth - 6.5"

http://xrl.us/t2z5

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 12-28-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Phranc

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
User Banned

Report this Post12-28-2006 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancClick Here to Email PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancDirect Link to This Post
Nice but will it play Obivian?

Something like that would be great for my aunt.
pHoOl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2006 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pHoOlClick Here to visit pHoOl's HomePageClick Here to Email pHoOlSend a Private Message to pHoOlDirect Link to This Post
it'd be nice if you could get it with the dual core and more ram... kinda like the Mac Mini which it's copied off of.
jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2006 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerClick Here to Email jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
My thoughts were for a carputer, but I'd like more ram as well, along with more than 40 Gigs of HDD. I wonder if that's a standard HDD or a laptop? They don't really give much detail. Also curious about the power supply and what the output voltage and amps are on it. (12 volts would be nice for mobile work)

John Stricker

Originally posted by pHoOl:

it'd be nice if you could get it with the dual core and more ram... kinda like the Mac Mini which it's copied off of.

kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2006 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerDirect Link to This Post
http://www.mini-itx.com/ has a lot of nice writeups using mini itx boards and computers, as well as a nice store
Flamberge

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2006 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:
Systemax Mini Desktop PC!

Final Price: $449.99

I like that price for what you get! Thanks for the link! + for you.

EDIT: You already have a plus from me. Sorry.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Flamberge (edited 12-28-2006).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 337
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2006 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgClick Here to Email BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Flamberge:

I like that price for what you get! Thanks for the link! + for you.

EDIT: You already have a plus from me. Sorry.

I didn't have have you, though.
That is now rectified.
So it all worked out for the best!
DjDraggin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2006 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DjDragginSend a Private Message to DjDragginDirect Link to This Post
that baby screams hometheater PC!! I need about 5 for around here.. to get rid of the full size desktops I have at every TV! and if its hella quiet Im sold! Dont need much Hd when your streaming off a server.

------------------

Ferrari 308 GTB rebody on a modified 86SE chasis Soon to have a highly hooped up 3800SC..Ohh yeah baby!! I like a lil Whine with my meal when I go out to eat Rice
Contacts _ AIM / Zildjianfx _ Yahoo / djdraggin
Remember, always brush your milk, drink your teeth, dont do sleep and get eight hours of drugs.

Falcon4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 161
User Banned

Report this Post12-29-2006 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon4Click Here to visit Falcon4's HomePageClick Here to Email Falcon4Send a Private Message to Falcon4Direct Link to This Post
I have you beat. ^-^

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock