Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  I was sooo embarrassed at church yesterday...

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

I was sooo embarrassed at church yesterday... by F-I-E-R-O
Started on: 12-25-2006 11:25 AM
Replies: 6
Last post by: motoracer838 on 12-25-2006 07:32 PM
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2006 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Our church put on a "Pageant" yesterday. This was something that was practiced for many Saturday mornings and a great deal of effort went into making it fun and entertaining for the congregation. My part was small but probably the most talked about- I was a Roman soldier. Now, most of the costumes at the church were little angel outfits, robes and such, but no Roman soldier costume. So, I looked on the internet for ideas and made my own. Now that I know how to use the sewing machine, I see myself doing some things for the car... The reason my part was the most talked about was that was that it looked something like this but nowhere as good---

and this

No sword, shield, hat, leg thingies, but the skirt was pretty close, and maybe a little too short. The congregation was laughing so much I kinda messed up my lines but they got the idea of what I was trying to communicate. I have nice legs (so the women and some men told me later on) so I didn't mind so much that they could see as much as they could.

So here's the twist. When the service was over, and I was back in my dress clothes, I went outside. As I always do (especially at church where I feel that we should all try to make whom ever we meet in or around the church feel welcome), I said hello to a man who was walking past the church. He said hello and asked me the name of our church. I told him. He then asked if I knew where the Volunteers of America was. I wasn't sure but offered to to inside and ask and to give him a ride to it. He said thanks but declined saying that he could use the exercise. I went in to find out where the VOA was but he was gone when I got back outside.

It might have been embarrassing for me to stand up on the "stage" in front of the congregation in a skirt and provide them with a moment of "hilarity," but at least I had a church and a family to do it with. At least I had a home to go back to. At least I had someone to wake up with this morning and share the excitement of opening presents that had been brought with a great deal of thought and consideration for the person they went to.

I'm not embarrassed now that I made people laugh, I'm embarrassed that I got caught up in what I was doing for myself and my family and didn't plan to do something for someone else who was less fortunate. I still have today though, better put on my thinking cap.

[This message has been edited by F-I-E-R-O (edited 12-25-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tutnkmn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2006 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post
A Roman soldier's skirt is called a kilt (like the Scottish men's skirt - LOL)

Thank you and God bless you for your kindness and thinking of others at this time of year

Happy Christmas!
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2006 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Yeah, but calling it a skirt makes me feel a little more naughty...
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2006 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Direct Link to This Post
TMI
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2006 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

Yeah, but calling it a skirt makes me feel a little more naughty...

I THOUGHT I was going to sleep well tonight. lol

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

htexans1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2006 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
[Copying the pilot in the movie AIrplane!]

"You ever seen movies about Gladiators....."

S. Williams

------------------
1988 Fiero Formula T-tops
CJB 143 of 1252 "factory T-top cars"

motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2006 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by htexans1:

[Copying the pilot in the movie AIrplane!]

"You ever seen movies about Gladiators....."

S. Williams

Thats just wrong.

Cheers Beers n Gearz. Joe

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave