Started on: 12-19-2006 12:50 PM
Replies: 18
Last post by: m0sh_man on 12-20-2006 02:24 PM
RandomTask

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2006 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
So i'm on my way to work today, I pass an cop literally on the street my business is on. I pull in the the company, then pull into the parking lot, start getting out of my truck, then he pulls up behind me, doesn't throw his lights on. Yells at me to get back in my truck, so I do. He comes up to me and asked why my inspections expired, blah blah blah, hes a HUUUUUUGE ass of a cop. I'm being polite the whole time, and hes just being an ass. Told me to stay in my truck, goes back to his car, writing the ticket, walks back up to the truck, i'm not even paying attention, and instead of tapping on the glass, he literally just punches it once to get me to roll my window down, hands me a ticket and takes off.

Is it legal for him to have come on private property as well as to do what he did w/o the lights?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Phranc

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
User Banned

Report this Post12-19-2006 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancDirect Link to This Post
Hes a cop he can what ever he wants to.
Butter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 91
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2006 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ButterSend a Private Message to ButterDirect Link to This Post
Why didn't you tell him to get off your private property?
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2006 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Butter:
Why didn't you tell him to get off your private property?

HAHAHAHA!! Good one! His response would be something like this:

"Oh, trying to be a smartass, huh? Well now I'm writing you up for that busted tail light!"

"What busted tail light?"

*SMASH*
kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2006 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerDirect Link to This Post
How well would that have gone over if there was camera surveillance? There are cameras all over outside where I work. What would happen if you had evidence of a cop smashing out your taillight, for example?
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2006 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by kwagner:

How well would that have gone over if there was camera surveillance? There are cameras all over outside where I work. What would happen if you had evidence of a cop smashing out your taillight, for example?

Nothing.

Because here in LA, we would say you edited the Video. With technology, even the camera is capable of lying.

S. Williams (it was a joke only)

------------------
1988 Fiero Formula T-tops
CJB 143 of 1252 "factory T-top cars"

Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2006 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
much depends on his reason for pulling you over (i know - you was parked already...)
if his reason was spotted before the private property, and valid, he can pursue onto private property.
I dunno how your inpesction works. if its just paperwork, and not visable until you hand it to him, no theres no way he could have known, so there would be no reason to pursue you further.
cjgable

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2006 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cjgableSend a Private Message to cjgableDirect Link to This Post
If he saw the inspection was out while you were on the street he is in his rights.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2006 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Was your inspection sticker expired? Move along nothing to see here
lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2006 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
i try to never argue with a man with a gun, an attitude and backup. no matter how right you are, you lose.
Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2006 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutDirect Link to This Post
I realize cops have a job to do, and I agree with George Carlin, in that a cop should have the right to shoot your ass if running from him. But if this is the way it went down, no reason for him to be an ass to start with.

Kevin
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2006 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
In Texas, a cop can not come on private property to arrest someone for a misdemeanor. Now, it works best when you own the property. Also, there was that debate here about smoking being banned in public. People do tend to think of a business as not being private property.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2006 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
Car not inspected, Hmmmm whose fault is that? You got caught. Get the car inspected and go on with your life.

sostock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2006 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post
funny you mention cops being pricks. my wife was telling me about the sheriffs dept calling her up asking for a donation. she told the guy that we didn't have the money this yr, two young kids and lots of family to buy for. the guy said "well you donated $25 last yr?" wife goes "well i don't have it this yr." ok how about $15? uh, no. i don't have it, sorry. well, how about..click.

i really, really hate to say it but this is what what pisses me off about non-profits. you give them some money once and then they think you "owe" them forever. be glad you got my hard earned cash once. don't try to piss me off...

i could expand but have already derailed this topic enough. he's the cop and always right. just remember his actions when the next tax raise or policeman's charity comes around.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2006 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
I hate it when they do those calls. I get them more because Im a business. The only time there around to protect my property is when I call them. I just tell them I donated (insert date) at (station location) for the last ticket they gave me. The ones doing the calls arent in the police, so my refusal dont affect their patrol. If I thought it would work, Id rather slip the cash under the table to the on duty officers to keep an eye on things.
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2006 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sostock:

... sheriffs dept calling her up asking for a donation ....

That was not the sheriff's department calling. It was a private, for-profit, boiler-room fund raising operation. They generally keep more than 85% of the money they raise this way for themselves. The "Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association" or the "Widows and Orphans Fund," if they exist at all, get squat.

I admire your generosity, but please find a legitimate charity to donate to.

And Roger is right, businesses get a lot more of these calls. The barely-transparent threat of these scumbag solicitations is that your business will receive preferential police and fire protection if you contribute generously.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 12-20-2006).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2006 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marvin McInnis:
I admire your generosity, but please find a legitimate charity to donate to.

He is a sucker isn't he.
sostock, police officers are one of the few which are represented by unions where unions do not exist. Also one of the very few that can unionize against (key word) a government entity. Police officers are well taken care of as are their dependents and spouses.
The people making those call get a cut. Probably a sizable one.
86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2006 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marvin McInnis:

That was not the sheriff's department calling. It was a private, for-profit, boiler-room fund raising operation. They generally keep more than 85%

I just tell them I give all my money to the children.... hey, we're all someone's children....
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2006 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
we have a troopers association here that keeps 80% of all donations to themselves, the other 20% goes to troopers who are off work on workers comp, if you ask me its all a big scam.

matthew

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock