Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Why I would love a Superbike. Highspeed Isle of Man run video.

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Why I would love a Superbike. Highspeed Isle of Man run video. by RACE
Started on: 12-15-2006 11:13 PM
Replies: 14
Last post by: MinnGreenGT on 12-19-2006 05:19 PM
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2006 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Watch the first minute of this video. The best part is before the music drowns out the engine.

Every time I see it, it makes me wish that I had a bike. Hearing that noise and seeing what the rider is doing, does something deep inside me that makes me want to break free of ordinary life, rules, and responsibility. Reckless abandon, like when I was younger. When nothing mattered but RIGHT NOW! I wish I could do that.

Isle of man run at over 170 mph.

------------------
Central Iowa Fieros aka. Airspeed, at fieronews.net and ferrarichat.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
84fierotrevor

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 351
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2006 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
u don't need a race prep superbike. just buy a R1. mine hit 169 mph. and i don't think anyone needs anything faster then the current liter bikes avalible.
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2006 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
The last time I was on a bike I was in the 150 range on a closed course. Words fail to describe how good it feels to be riding like that. The more power the better. Fear of the machine itself was part of the thrill.

With a wife and kid and another on the way I need to not do that anymore. I will never allow my motorcycle license expire but I don't plan to get on one soon either. I would still like to have one if for no other reason than to put it in my living room. They are one of mankind’s most beautiful creations.
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2006 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-fHJIw6Lh4

i ride a 2002 954rr here is dumbass topping out at 299 kmh which i think is 187mph

------------------

AIM:Onefast2M8
02 Jetta 1.8t
98 GTI 2.slow
02 CBR 954RR

FieroGT42

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2006 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Direct Link to This Post
Reminds me of the Turbo Hayabusa vids where the guy does wheelies through at least 3 gears without touching down. And then there's the Ghost Rider videos....
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2006 04:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
turbo hayabusa if you're insane and don't care if you die ..if not stick with something that will protect your fragile shell
Caladin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2006 06:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CaladinSend a Private Message to CaladinDirect Link to This Post
You don't even need a liter bike to go fast these days. I have hit an indicated 250kmh (155Mph) more times then I care to admit to on my 600.
kwagner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2006 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerDirect Link to This Post
I love the Isle of Man
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2006 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
Sexiest bike - - when u can afford to blow $65k on a bike. . . but hey, 205 hp out of a 1 liter

Ducati Desmosedici
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2006 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
my gawd... now i want another bike... i have a wife and a son and a death wish while on bikes... not good.
84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 351
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2006 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
That ducati is melinoma
PFF
System Bot
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2006 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
Just hope that a deer doesn't come out while going that fast...

S. Williams

(Had a Ninja ZX11, So I know what fun they had in the video. )

------------------
1988 Fiero Formula T-tops
CJB 143 of 1252 "factory T-top cars"

tesmith66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2006 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
Had a Honda VFR back in the late 80's. Stupid fast back then, crazy slow today. Still had tons of fun. I will get another bike someday...

------------------
1986 SE 350 V8

Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2006 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
God, I love the sound of a Ducati...sounds like a well-tuned small-block running down the road.
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2006 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Isle of Mann TT is one of the most amazing races on 2 wheels... not because of the bikes, but because of the location. Pretty much all other forms of Motorcycle racing happen at venues with large run off areas... Nothing but fences, walls, & buildings at the IOM TT!

BTW - As much as the video looked like fun... I'd have been far more impressed if he had actually managed to keep it in his own lane the whole time. Just one of my pet peeves (it's different when it's being run on a closed course, but when it's a public road - stay in your own lane).

Originally posted by RandomTask:

Sexiest bike - - when u can afford to blow $65k on a bike. . . but hey, 205 hp out of a 1 liter

Ducati Desmosedici

Since I can't manage to find $65k laying around (especially not earmarked for a motorcycle)... how about the new 1098 instead? It's one of the first street-ducs that actually worked side-by-side with the Corse (racing) division during development.

http://www.ducati.com/en/bikes/my2007/ModelPage.jhtml?family=Superbike&model=SBK1098-07

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock