Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Rocky gets one last shot (Rocky Balboa 2006)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Rocky gets one last shot (Rocky Balboa 2006) by htexans1
Started on: 11-26-2006 09:50 PM
Replies: 22
Last post by: carnut122 on 12-20-2006 11:47 PM
htexans1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2006 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
I see Sylvester Stallone is getting another shot at the title, 30 years after his first "title shot" in Rocky. This one:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809278368/info actually looks like it may replay the magic of the first one. I am actually going to go see it. WHat do you all think here? Spill your opinion about Rocky! Do you think he wins, or is it cheesy or what?

For those who don't know or wasn't here on earth, Rocky came out originally in 1976, 30 years ago. I was 11 LOL

S. Williams

------------------
1988 Fiero Formula T-tops
CJB 143 of 1252 "factory T-top cars"

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2006 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
I just watched all 5 Rocky movies yesterday. My dad watches them every year after New Years. I can't wait!!!

------------------
"Semper Fiero"

Chump

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2006 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChumpClick Here to visit Chump's HomePageSend a Private Message to ChumpDirect Link to This Post
I want to see it. From the previews it looks well played.

[This message has been edited by Chump (edited 11-27-2006).]

lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2006 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
IMO, rocky was cheesy from the beginning. stallone occasionally does good comedy though.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2006 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
I'd rather wait for the video game.
firstfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 172
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2006 05:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroDirect Link to This Post
Rocky was my favorite game on the old sega Master system!
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2006 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
wow... now i can't wait.
intlcutlass

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2006 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for intlcutlassSend a Private Message to intlcutlassDirect Link to This Post
One and two were good.... damn good....

But #'s 3 thu 5 were all cheese. He's gunna be 60 years old trying to take on kids in their 20's--- yea right.

It's a free rental... at best.
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2006 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
From http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0479143/ ...

Had the opportunity last night to see the World Premier of Rocky Balboa two months before it will be released. A great movie. I was impressed with it, in fact the storyline is something we will all appreciate. I am looking all over the internet right now to see if I can find the two speeches Rocky gives in the movie, that gave me chills. One was to the commission, when he tries to get his boxing license, and the other to his son. The acting is great, the storyline as stated before is great, the cast is well put together as well. This is Stallone's best acting ever. The only downfall, I thought was the soundtrack, as Mason Dixon (Antonio Tarver) entrance music to the fight is great, and of course the theme to Rocky is great, but other than that the soundtrack was not good at all. However as we all know we cannot judge a movie by its soundtrack. This is a must see!

Well, hey, if George Foreman can do it...

http://www.rockythemovie.com/

Yeah, I'll be there.

deceler8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2006 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deceler8Send a Private Message to deceler8Direct Link to This Post
"Floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee...

Unfortunately it takes him two hours to pee..."

------------------

firstfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2006 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by intlcutlass:

One and two were good.... damn good....

But #'s 3 thu 5 were all cheese. He's gunna be 60 years old trying to take on kids in their 20's--- yea right.

It's a free rental... at best.

He's not sixty..and actually with guys like George foreman,Holyfield and others makeing a run at it it's really not that hard to believe.

PFF
System Bot
firstfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2006 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroDirect Link to This Post

firstfiero

4879 posts
Member since Dec 2000
Watching it again I get he feeling that stallone wants to try and finish the series with a little respectability. The first was the movie that he wrote for himself that launched his career and honestly is a classic. The 2nd I felt was just as good.He's probobly not real proud of the last few and he wants to finish it with a quality movie...not something half ass designed to make a quick buck.
intlcutlass

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2006 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for intlcutlassSend a Private Message to intlcutlassDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by firstfiero:

...not something half ass designed to make a quick buck.

No offence, but thats just silly.....Their not gunna let you see it fo free.....

He make this BECAUSE it will in all likelyhood park a55's in the seats...I do get what your sayn tho.....

paulcal

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2006 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paulcalSend a Private Message to paulcalDirect Link to This Post
Rocky is the only fighter in the history of the sport that got smarter the worse beating he took.
firstfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2006 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by intlcutlass:

No offence, but thats just silly.....Their not gunna let you see it fo free.....

He make this BECAUSE it will in all likelyhood park a55's in the seats...I do get what your sayn tho.....

Not realy that silly..He has enough money. He doesn't have to do anything. Sure the production company is motivated by dollar signs but I don't think he is at this pointe in his life.
firstfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2006 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroDirect Link to This Post

firstfiero

4879 posts
Member since Dec 2000

Originally posted by paulcal:

Rocky is the only fighter in the history of the sport that got smarter the worse beating he took.

The funniest Rocky line was when he told Tommy Gun in the last one.. "Hey Tommy there's law against ducking" lol When did Rocky EVER duck!
Wolfhound

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2006 06:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
He was born July 6 1946. He is 60.
firstfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2006 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wolfhound:

He was born July 6 1946. He is 60.

wow..well he certainly doesn't look 60. I wonder how old there going to say Rocky is in the movie.
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2006 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
I hear the filming of "Rocky 13: Return of the Corpse" begins in January.
Wolfhound

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2006 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
There will probably be one with him and some other 90 yr.old whacking away with canes.
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2006 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Two more days!!!
PFF
System Bot
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2006 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Okay, so I just got back from seeing the movie, and I liked it. Of course I'm one of the biggest Rocky fans anyway. But with all the nostalgia topics and talk about getting old, it was very timely. I thought the movie was made well, and very little of it was unrealistic, imo. There were several good speeches, like Marie telling Rocky to do whatever he wants to do, and later when Rocky was talking to his son. The flashbacks to the old movies were tasteful and meaningful. It even had my wife sniffling a couple of times. I won't say if I was. Anyway, I liked it. Might have to go see it again soon.

[This message has been edited by Cheever3000 (edited 12-20-2006).]

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2006 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
I just watched "Rocky Balboa" tonight. If you liked any of the Rocky movies, you should love this one! It's definitely my favorite one! It's a must-see for every Rocky fan!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock