Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Rocky's back! (another ROcky sequel for xmas...)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Rocky's back! (another ROcky sequel for xmas...) by htexans1
Started on: 07-11-2006 07:55 AM
Replies: 16
Last post by: carnut122 on 12-20-2006 11:52 PM
htexans1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2006 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
Rocky Balboa is back... Watch the trailer on Yahoo...
It looks like a pretty good movie.
S. WIlliams
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/rockybalboa.html

Script: (from Yahoo)
Synopsis:
An aging Rocky Balboa (Sylvester Stallone) comes out of retirement, intending to fight a few low-profile local fighters. He is approached to fight a match with the reigning heavyweight champion, Mason Dixon (Antonio Tarver), and soon his comeback sets off a media firestorm.

------------------
1988 Fiero Formula T-tops
CJB 143 of 1252 "factory T-top cars"

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2006 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
I liked all the Rocky films but we all know how this one will end. Against all odds, Rocky will win after months of long, grueling training. His wife (who appears to be someone other than Talia Shire) will beg him not to fight as will his brother in law. Rocky will not train in the same high tech manner as his opponent. (He was using sides of beef as a heavy bag.) Have I left anything out?
dguy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2006 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dguySend a Private Message to dguyDirect Link to This Post
When you put it that way, it sounds a whole lot like a Jean Claude Van Damme movie.
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2006 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post
Just what we need ... Geriatric Rocky!!! I'll bet he can lick anybody in the nursing home. Of course, his brains have long since been scrambled from all the pounding he's taken over the years so I'm sure we don't have to worry about lucid dialogue.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 07-11-2006).]

achawkins

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2006 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for achawkinsClick Here to visit achawkins's HomePageSend a Private Message to achawkinsDirect Link to This Post
Rock 12.....thousand. Rocky battles the retirement community's socials chairperson!
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2006 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:
Have I left anything out?

yeah, he loses this time.

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2006 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post

Have I left anything out?

He'll end terrorism.
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2006 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
I still haven't seen Rocky V, I draw the line at 3 sequels.
MDFierolvr

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2006 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MDFierolvrSend a Private Message to MDFierolvrDirect Link to This Post
It can never be the same. NO OPPONANT WILL EVER BE CLUBBER LANG!!!

I stand by this, nothing will ever be as good as Rocky 3. nothing... (its cuz everyone in the making of that movie as well as everyone in the audience was pitied... and not everyone gets to be so lucky)
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post07-11-2006 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

I still haven't seen Rocky V, I draw the line at 3 sequels.

That's too bad, becouse Rocky V (with Tommy "The Machine" Gunn?) and Rocky III (with Mr. T?) were the best, in my opinion!
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2006 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post
OOps! I thought you meant ROCCO!
[QUOTE]
The Beaver Rocco hits the charts!

Everybody who has been following the final season of the “Dolph & Wulff” tv show, broadcast in Denmark, will no doubt have noticed that among it´s stars featured a beaver called Rocco. A cute looking beaver, which had a rather erotic view of the world.

Now Rocco have produced a single, which is destined to become this summer´s number one dance smash.
[QUOTE]
http://www.wulffmorgenthaler.com/news.aspx?id=ce060292-34dd-4ed0-873c-b664afad8792
PFF
System Bot
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2006 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
i waiting for Rocky 6- the althiemers revenge...i can see it now...rocky forgets who he is fighting and he sucker punches the ref instead...awwww now thats movie magic...tim..
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2006 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thismanyfieros:

i waiting for Rocky 6- the althiemers revenge...i can see it now...rocky forgets who he is fighting and he sucker punches the ref instead...awwww now thats movie magic...tim..

The Sunday night movie sponsored by Denture Grip and Ben-Gay!

fierohoho

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2006 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post
Oh cr*p, I've missed the last 7 or 8 of them, guess it's off to the rental store.

Steve
DesignFlaw06

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2006 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DesignFlaw06Send a Private Message to DesignFlaw06Direct Link to This Post

His wife (who appears to be someone other than Talia Shire) will beg him not to fight as will his brother in law.

If you pay attention in the trailer, there is a brief clip of him with flowers that look like he's paying respects. I would guess she's dead, which means he doesn't have that annoying voice telling him not to fight.

There is also rumor of Rambo IV according to IMDB.

Next thing you know, it'll be Rambo vs Rocky: The Ultimate Showdown.

Tim
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2006 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marvin McInnis:

Geriatric Rocky!!! I'll bet he can lick anybody in the nursing home.

Eeewwww! I don't like the vision that evokes at all.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2006 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
I saw it tonight, and I think it takes the wind out of all of the geriatric jokes. It's a fitting exclamation at the end of the Rocky saga.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock