Started on: 12-11-2006 08:40 AM
Replies: 2
Last post by: cliffw on 12-12-2006 05:59 AM
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2006 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
For my 83 CJ7, 258 6 cyl Jeep.
The original equipment Carter BBD is known to Jeep people as "craperators". A popular mod/swap is to a MC 2100 which is found on 70s to early 80s Fords with 302 engines. They were very common. They are said to still be readily avaiable. I am not finding that to be true.

from thread
I have decided to go with an MC2100.

The hunt has not been that easy. New or used. New, a core is twenty bucks. Used, a MC2100 is running twenty five bucks. They are not fairly common new or used.
New, it would have to be ordered. I can not verify it has the 1.08 cast marking. Unless I have a the data tag numbers of one which did have the 1.08 casting.
Used, well, I am not in "salvage yard central". The closest was a 90 mile round trip. I was told that the carbed vehicles were mid 80s and older. Also something they do not keep "in stock". Then I went to San Antonio, a 130 mile round trip. I went to 'junk yard road', about fifteen yards in a tight row. Same thing. Salvage yards are not buying older cars anymore.
I did find three posibles. None had the 1.08 cast mark although two did have data tags. Another looked right, even with a fresh rebuild, but was on a big block. My problem now is decodeing the data tag information. Ford was of no help and the auto stores just use the number to order a replacement. In case someone here can decode them, they are as follws.
D3TF NA
A 2K 13, and,
D7TE APA
1 7B 25
Another question. Who made the MC2100? Ford did not build carburators. Many indications lead me to believe it is a Holly carb.
ehhh....thanks again.

I have worked at auto repair places. I know there are carburators pigeon holed out there. Maybe in your shop.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2006 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
2 Ideas

1. Try JC Whitney if you MUST have that EXACT carb.

2. Try clifford.com (the 6 cylinder = 8) people, get a 4V intake for your application and the edelbrock 1406 carb.... As common as meadow grass around here. LOL

S. Williams

------------------
1988 Fiero Formula T-tops
CJB 143 of 1252 "factory T-top cars"

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2006 05:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Tex. I know about Clifford Performance. Quite a history. Very interesting. Plans are in the works to upgrade with their parts. In the mean time, I am looking for a MC2100. I can use it with Clifford's products as I upgrade.
Below is some information from one carb on ebay, though not a MC2100.

# Tag number on the carb is D4PE-9510-EC
# Motorcraft part number: CA-783-D
# Ford part number: D2AZ-9510-PA

I need to be able to decode the tags from carbs I find. The Motorcraft or Ford part numbers do not seem to be on the carbs.
Or, I need the Motorcraft or Ford part number for a MC 2100 carb which has 1.08 venturies.
Or I need to get lucky. This would be one of those carbs that is laying around on one of our shelves.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock