Started on: 11-23-2006 12:49 PM
Replies: 14
Last post by: $Rich$ on 11-24-2006 07:03 PM
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2006 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
we are going to be moving in a few weeks, and we have had dish network for like 4 years and weve been happy with it i guess
but we have been thinking of possibly switching
anyone have any info on pro's and con's of the 2?
looking at direct tv's site it seems that they offer a few more channels for their comparable package

just looking for some input and comparison's of the 2

[This message has been edited by $Rich$ (edited 11-23-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroluv

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2006 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroluvSend a Private Message to fieroluvDirect Link to This Post

I have had both, but currently have dish. I must say I like Dish better. When I had Direc the reception wasn't all that great and was having a lot of equipment failures.
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2006 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
no issues with direcway.. did with their internet service.. I kept bitching and told them they need to get out here and fix it! they did finally and it works great now the internet that is. The tv satellite has always worked no issues.
2farnorth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2006 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post
We had dish network tv for years and had outstanding service from them. I couldn't afford their internet access though.

$Rich$

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2006 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
how about as far as channel selection between the 2? i havent really researched it much yet maybe this weekend ill do some looking
i was just looking for peoples opinions
jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2006 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
Biggest thing is NFL Season Ticket. That's not offered on Dish at this time. I think Dish has a little better selection of PPV.

John Stricker

Originally posted by $Rich$:

how about as far as channel selection between the 2? i havent really researched it much yet maybe this weekend ill do some looking
i was just looking for peoples opinions

moleman_in_a_FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2006 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for moleman_in_a_FieroGTSend a Private Message to moleman_in_a_FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
I haven't had directtv for ~6 years now, but I remember that it had pretty much all the science channels (discovery, history, national geographic, etc...) with the basic setup. My cousin has dish, and national geographic only came in one of the higher packages . Didn't really care about checking other types of channels. You should check their websites to see what types of channels come in them. Most people probably aren't science nerds like me
aceman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 203
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2006 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post
DirecTV had Fox Sports Network within my regular package and DishNetwork didn't. For me, that was the deciding factor as I wanted to watch all the Twins games on TV. DirecTV, to me has a bit better channel lineup package.....Not as much crap as DishNetwork throws in for the same price.
88GTNeverfinished

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 110
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2006 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTNeverfinishedSend a Private Message to 88GTNeverfinishedDirect Link to This Post
Directv is the no brainer choice.

You will see soon enough why if you go dish
FormulaGT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2006 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaGTSend a Private Message to FormulaGTDirect Link to This Post
Three letters........NFL
DirecTV is the only provider (for now) and have been getting my business for the last 10 years.
Thank God for TIVO!
Fiero2M6GT1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2006 04:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2M6GT1Send a Private Message to Fiero2M6GT1Direct Link to This Post
I also have Direct tv hd setup. Have had direct for years and have been happy.
PFF
System Bot
firstfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 172
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2006 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroDirect Link to This Post
I've had both...Directv is the best
$Rich$

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2006 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
thanks guys, like i said we have dish now and were happy for the most part... but there is alot of Sh!t channels but thats to be expected
i think we might try direct tv

thanks all
+'s all arround if you dont already have one
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2006 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
For me, its DirecTV. WHy? WWE 24/7 of course!! LOL
S. Williams

------------------
1988 Fiero Formula T-tops
CJB 143 of 1252 "factory T-top cars"

$Rich$

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2006 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
well i was just looking on their site and i was lookuing up local channels and it said that for my region a 2nd 18" dish is needed in my area to receive local channels

im not having that

but i will go talk to someone at a local store about it more.... maybe that just hasnt been updated

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock