Started on: 11-21-2006 10:30 AM
Replies: 21
Last post by: FieroGT42 on 11-25-2006 11:44 PM
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2006 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
http://www.dodge.com/en/nitro/index.html?bid=1758118&adid=28390263&pid=12206058

Do you like this?

I think it looks like a smaller truck had some widebody panels slapped on, then it was blinged up.

Something about it seems VERY VERY "forced".
I fear we'll be seeing a LOT of these thing pumpin' lound annoying music out of 'em...drivin' around like morons, killin' Fieros...

Actually, after looking at some different pics of it, it's not too bad...it looks pretty "normal" in black...maybe it's just the commercials...and a few bilboards around town...

I hate ads that make it seem like "Oh, if you buy this, you TOO can act like an idiot!"
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2006 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
it looks like a wide body jeep with a custom front grill... lol... how origional.
Scott-Wa

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2006 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post
They think that grill is a feature? Yuk

Looks like a utility vehicle from Japan circa 1976
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2006 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
So by Nitro the are referring to a Nitro R/C car right?

Kind of fugly, just looks like a aftermarket body kit.

------------------
www.fierodomain.com
Your guide to the Online Fiero Community, always under construction

htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2006 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
Computer technology sneaks in... radio has a 20 gig hard drive and usb ports for MP3 songs and p*rn. I mean pics of your choice... mabye you could put in Fiero pics to at least show your thinking about your Fiero while driving this car. LOL

S. Williams

Mabye version 2.0 of the NITRO will do (microsoft) windows

------------------
1988 Fiero Formula T-tops
CJB 143 of 1252 "factory T-top cars"

wikid_one

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2006 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneDirect Link to This Post
I work a couple doors down from a Dodge dealership, so I see them come and go quite a bit. It was actually one of the vehicles I was interested in buying, but I didn't want to wait until they came out, so I just went with a Blazer Xtreme instead.
Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2006 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post
Am I crazy or is this just a reskinned jeep liberty?
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2006 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Body by Tonka
Phranc

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
User Banned

Report this Post11-21-2006 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancDirect Link to This Post
I still don't know if I like it. Is it 4wd? Or does it just look like a truck? Can it go off road?
IEatRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2006 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IEatRiceSend a Private Message to IEatRiceDirect Link to This Post
I think red is a bad color for it. Would look really good in black.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2006 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Uaana:

I was also thinking it was based on a Jeep something-or-other.

[rant]
I wonder who is calling the shots at DC, these days.
They have a recent history of introducing some really questionable (trying to be polite, here) designs that are built on the same platforms as some of their other mediocre vehicles.

"The Durango isn't selling? Let's build a Chrysler on the same platform and see if maybe it will sell."
That's right, guys. Take a boring, mediocre SUV, and load it up with chrome and kwrap, and make it more expensive, and see how THAT works.

I just hope they stay in the black long enough for the Challenger to become a reality.
At this point, I wouldn't bet the farm on it.
[/rant]
PFF
System Bot
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2006 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Uaana:

I believe it is a reskin of the next generation Liberty, and that it may have a different wheelbase than the upcoming new Liberty. However, basically yes, it is a reskinned liberty.

wikid_one

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2006 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneDirect Link to This Post
It is a modified liberty chassis. I believe it was stretched as well as made 2" wider. (I know the width for sure, but am iffy on the length)

... so yeah, the R/T is basically a liberty with a v8 in it.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2006 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Its just meant to be a downsized SUV which is what it is. I personally dont hunt or fish so have no use for ANY SUV myself, but do what you want. Im not a jeep person either, but we have a guy in our club with a SRT Jeep thats basicly a decked out Grand Cherokee with the 425 hp Hemi w/ 490 ftpnd torque. Some of the cool stuff on the Nitro are cup holders that either cool or heat your drinks.
Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2006 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Look at it closely...it's modeled after the new Commander body (which is based on a slightly extended Grand Cherokee frame. One of the biggest complaints my older daughter had about her Durango was that what interior space the thing did have (and there wasn't much for a vehicle that size) wasn't even usable because of the way the thing was configured. Knowing Daimler Chrysler, they probably found a way to shoot themselves in the foot. Again.

In all fairness, I have to say D/C is doing a few things right...the ubiquitous tall-boy Mercedes shop vans you see everywhere in Germany, Europe, and the Middle East as ambulances, work trucks, etc, have finally found their way over here under the Dodge nameplate. The people I've seen with them so far rave about 'em.

[This message has been edited by Vonov (edited 11-22-2006).]

Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2006 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post

Vonov

3745 posts
Member since May 2004

[This message has been edited by Vonov (edited 11-22-2006).]

Greg Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2006 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZDirect Link to This Post

------------------
91 NSX - Black/Ivory w/40K
00 NAVI -Black w/Ghostflames/Black
95 SL -Black/Tan
87 928 S4 -Red/Black
86 928 S -Red/Tan
83 944 EURO -Black/Checkerboard
85 FIERO GT -Indy Clone
84 INDY -41k, 57th built
91 ALLANTE -Red/Black
85 S10 -355 V8
76 & 77 T-BIRD-Silver/Black
90 TROFEO -White/Burgandy
94 GMC INDY -84 500 GMC Hauler clone
69 CAMARO -SOLD 2 aid NSX fund
PROJECTS:
90 REATTA, 85 FIERO GT, FORMULA,
INDY, 80 MASERATTI V8

The ROK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2006 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The ROKSend a Private Message to The ROKDirect Link to This Post
I will be waiting on the challanger...yeah i know, big dreams for a college student
turbotoad

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2006 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turbotoadSend a Private Message to turbotoadDirect Link to This Post
I passed a white one on the highway the other day and literally almost shat myself from laughing so hard. It was simply hidious in white. That thing has to be one of the ugliest things since, well, since the Thing! But it will probably sell fairly well because "gaudy" seems to be all the rage now.

BTW just how many vehicles can DCX put the RAM grille on anyway! Jesus! Enough already.

[This message has been edited by turbotoad (edited 11-23-2006).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2006 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Its def not uglier than the Aztec...........

Ive already ordered and paid for my Hemi Orange Challenger. Already buying aftermarket stuff. Got wheels and tires and carbon fiber engine cover. Im even debating whether to put on a black vinyl top like you could get on originals.
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2006 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by turbotoad:

BTW just how many vehicles can DCX put the RAM grille on anyway! Jesus! Enough already.

Ummmm...well it's their trademark just like the BMW front grill design.
PFF
System Bot
FieroGT42

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2006 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Direct Link to This Post
I think they should have used the same basic styling as the Magnum and new Charger, which would also help with their "brand recognition"...

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock