Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Cindy Sheehan Arrested in Washington (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Cindy Sheehan Arrested in Washington by 84Bill
Started on: 11-17-2006 07:53 PM
Replies: 87
Last post by: Toddster on 11-27-2006 12:26 PM
84Bill

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post11-26-2006 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by frontal lobe:
I'll give you another example. Say it is your job to listen. And you are at your home. And I have a right to my freedom of speech, and you, by your being elected, have an obligation to listen to it. And I'm not happy with how much you are listening to it and not happy with your actions and response to my ideas. So I decide to show up outside your house at 2-4 a.m. with by blow horn. And I'm on the sidewalk outside your home at 2-4 a.m. with my blow horn shouting as loud as I can what I want you do to because I am exercising my right to free speech. And I am disrupting the lives of your neighbors as well as you in the process.

Well then I guess "the neighbors" had better vote for a better politician than me.
Not to mention if a fellow citizen is in that much need of attention, as a "good neighbor" they "should" have a vested interest.

If there are people out front of my house with bull horns and I don't take the time at even 3:45am to address the problem then I'm not an effective politican. A "public servants" job is 24/7/365, if they don't like the idea of that much work then don't swear on a bible and dedicate your life to it in the first place. The job entails serving the people not collecting a campaign money from special interest groups and "free crap" taken from the sweat and labor of the people.

The neighbors ARE entitled to "peace" BUT they don't deserve peace if they don't vote and are stuck with an ass hole politician that doesn't listen to his constituency.

It is not the "right of the people" to surpress, repress, or otherwise manipulate anothers "LIBERTY" just because they are inconviencienced. If freedom of speech is such a hastle then they DO NOT DESERVE IT. Get out of this country and move to China where freedom of speech isn't an issue.

I'm sure the people of Trenton Nj were a bit miffed at all the racket George Washinghton caused on Dec 25th.. Christmas day.. FUGGEM! America was BORN on that stuff.

What? Are you going to tell me I can't do that? Because if you do, in your own words, "to limit is to defy a BASIC right."

You could ask me not to do that. I would say, NO, I have my rights to free speech. Your neighbors could ask. I would tell them, up yours, I have my rights to free speech. They could call the police. The police could ask me to stop. Up yours. I have my right to free speech. So then they arrested me. Fascist state? Constitution thrown out?

Screw the police. And yes.. good example of faschism.

Or is it reasonable to say, "You know, you have PLENTY of opportunity for free speech and expressing your ideas. And the limitation of restricting you from doing it from 2-4 a.m. in a residential neighborhood where it affects MANY people, and infringes on their rights to a peaceful existence, is NOT going to damage the free exchange of your ideas and plunge the US into a fascist police state--or whatever state you think it is going to plunge it into."?

That would be a different story if Cindy were arested under those circumstances.. but she wasnt.

We have a VERY open society with extreme tolerance of the free expression and interchange of ideas. Arresting people who are unhappy with the scant limitations placed on it, and decide to infringe on the rights of others to have a peaceful, productive existence (INCLUDING government officials) does not plunge our country into repression. And I didn't bring it up, but since you did, neither does "free speech zones".

Open society? LOL man if you only freakin knew. I can show you an open society and the first thing that would enter your mind is "oh my god!"
You really really must understand what an "open society" is before you go assuming we have one. You also need to understand how protective people are of it. If you only knew...

And I have no problems with people deciding, like she did, to INTENTIONALLY get arrested as an attempt to try to get even MORE of an audience for her ideas. And I don't have problems with people using guns to get attention, either. What I have a problem with is when the society decides that, no, the lines of communication are adequate and we won't accept your use of being arrested, or attempts to FORCE your view on us with guns, and we are going to resist you--that then there is some outcry of limitation of rights of freedom of expression.

She didn't intentionally get arrested. She just knew exactly where the line in the sand was drawn and over stepped it. She was still within her "rights" to do so and I don't give a damn what you think.

There have ALWAYS been limits on freedom of expression. ALWAYS. Very few, though. She violated those. She got arrested. Fine with me. Just no sympathy.

The only limit to Liberty is DEATH. I can see your sympathy for those who fought for that and paid the ultimate. There is a disconnect in your mind between Cindy and those who FIGHT FOR LIBERTY.

And you can't see it in print, so I just want to be clear. I'm just DISCUSSING this with you. I don't mean in any way to be contrary or argumentative. And I wanted to clarify. Because you went to some conclusions that weren't accurate as to what I would approve of or propose. I'm not blaming that on you. Just wanted a chance to further discuss the finer points..

I see your point too. Blame? Nah.. but you are responsible. Don't take offence at what I am saying.. you are bringing up some very good points.

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 11-27-2006).]

IP: Logged
Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2006 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Just out of curiosity, Bill...what would you think of your boss following you home and standing on your sidewalk at 3 am with a bullhorn to tell you he didn't like the job you were doing?
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-27-2006 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vonov:
Just out of curiosity, Bill...what would you think of your boss following you home and standing on your sidewalk at 3 am with a bullhorn to tell you he didn't like the job you were doing?

Actually I'd first ask him what his beef was..
If that didn't help then I'd quit.

Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2006 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
But he's just exercising his right of free speech. Oh, I didn't tell you...you are now an elected official. Still gonna quit, or are you going to address the problem?
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-27-2006 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

But he's just exercising his right of free speech. Oh, I didn't tell you...you are now an elected official. Still gonna quit, or are you going to address the problem?

The I'd wait till he got tired.. follow him home and then I'd break out my bull horn and give him a taste of the "freedom" he enjoied so much.

Freedom has two edges and cuts both ways.. Don't like it.. Leave the country.

Edit:
Freakin tired man..

Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2006 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Lol, 'night, Bill...hope one of your "constituents" doesn't interrupt your sleep...
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-27-2006 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Lol, 'night, Bill...hope one of your "constituents" doesn't interrupt your sleep...

LOL

Not a problem.. apparently I don't sleep much as it is.
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2006 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I realize you were making a "joke", but in retrospect that type of solution isn't funny at all. It's downright scary.

OK, then I have a better idea. Let's have Anna Nicole Smith follow Cindy Sheehan around where ever she goes. The minute Sheehan opens her yap Smith can open her shirt. Sheehan GUARANTTED to be ignored by the media.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock