Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  What the hell is wrong with the justice system in this country?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

What the hell is wrong with the justice system in this country? by loafer87gt
Started on: 11-15-2006 06:10 PM
Replies: 25
Last post by: edhering on 11-16-2006 09:48 AM
loafer87gt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2006 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
Just heard on the news that the two sickos that were sexually assaulting young girls were found guilty and let off with what equates to a slap on the wrist. The couple was luring young girls into their house, locking them up against their will - in some cases for several months, and brutally raping them. The man, found guilty of three cases of sexual assault, will do only seven years. The mans common law wife, who watched the acts take place and was even a willing participant in some of the rapes, will serve no jail time. What the heck is wrong with these judges and the justice system in general? Do none of these judges have any family or semblance of morality? Disgusting.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20061114/sex_assault_061114/20061114?hub=Canada
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
klork

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2006 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for klorkSend a Private Message to klorkDirect Link to This Post
What the hell? Those two should be trown in jail for life and raped themselves for that crap.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2006 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
He man that sucks. Put more liberals in power.
Heck we are. Soon we will be able to compete on the stupidest country awards.
fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2006 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post
haha 7 years??? In other news, a couple may get up to 20 years for making out on a plane!! They are under surveillence for terror charges. WHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYY? GO ON SAY THANKS TO THE PATRIOT ACT http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20761571-1702,00.html

Sorry for robbing your post.
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2006 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
The only way to get "justice" is to get it YOURSELF.

Very sad.
fieroluv

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2006 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroluvSend a Private Message to fieroluvDirect Link to This Post
lets see if I got this straight. Man and women kidnap and rape women and he receives seven years she receives nothing.

My friend was growing a couple pot plants in his basement for {cough} medicinal purposes only. gets 10 years.

ummmm I don't get it.

shouldn't a rapist receive more time than someone growing a personal stash of pot.

{scratches head in disbelief}

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2006 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by loafer87gt:
What the heck is wrong with these judges and the justice system in general? Do none of these judges have any family or semblance of morality? Disgusting.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20061114/sex_assault_061114/20061114?hub=Canada

Gross injustice. Does Canada have the Jessica laws in place? Well, they should now!!! I'm sure it'll be on the O'Reiley tonight.
84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post11-15-2006 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

Very sad.

I don't know who to agree with more.. you or pokey. But I like your solution better because it can take care of what pokey is refering to as well.... Huuummmmm......
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2006 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

Soon we will be able to compete on the stupidest country awards.

We passed "Soon" last November 7th.
loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2006 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroluv:

lets see if I got this straight. Man and women kidnap and rape women and he receives seven years she receives nothing.

My friend was growing a couple pot plants in his basement for {cough} medicinal purposes only. gets 10 years.

ummmm I don't get it.

shouldn't a rapist receive more time than someone growing a personal stash of pot.

There seems to be no logic in sentencing with our justice system. If you default on income taxes, you'll be doing ten years. If you're a politician and steal hundreds of thousands from the taxpayers, you get house arrest, have to apologize, and then tour university campuses around the country teaching about ethics (ahem - adscam anyone?). This is just the latest in growing case of sickening verdicts handed out by these judges. I wouldn't call them leftist or liberal, just plain dellusional! The last case I remember happened out on the east coast where a man was repeatedly raping an 8 year girl. At the end of the day, his punishment was three months house arrest. Three months for destroying the life of this girl, forever frigging her up mentally, and this leniant sentence for these other two sickos. When did common sense go the way of the dodo bird?

If I were the family, I would be seeking alternate ways to make this man and his wife pay for their actions.

[This message has been edited by loafer87gt (edited 11-15-2006).]

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-15-2006 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:
We passed "Soon" last November 7th.

And all the other November 7ths.

Whats different about the last November 7th? Nothing except the tears streeming down your once happy face.
PFF
System Bot
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2006 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
We're trading basic right and wrong and morals for "what can make you the most money" and let everyone else take reposnsibility for your actions. If it was an American prison, I can say one thing for our prisoners. That baby raper wouldn't finish his sentence. Child molesters are not well-treated in prison. American prisons anyway. In a crude way, there is some hope for justice.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2006 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroluv:

ummmm I don't get it.

10 years... Jesus.

I know it's pretty much impossible to have a flawless, balanced judicial system, but THAT is just CRAZY!

The only harm your friend was doing was perhaps to his lungs, and the plant, when he removed some of its foliage. I'm sure the cops that busted him destroyed the plant. I'm sure they didn't "dispose" of it by smoking it. I remember a situation where two doped up cops plowed into a car. they got one month suspension without pay.

Bah, I'm going to go find my happy place.
JKFIERO

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2006 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JKFIEROSend a Private Message to JKFIERODirect Link to This Post
As I said several weeks ago when my brother was stabbed......
Guy stabbed him, fought with police, they have a "log" book of this guy where he was keeping track of school kids...
He is out on $25K UNSECURED.....Didn't have to put up a dime.

And they want to give some couple 20 years for joining the mile high club???

Yep....All makes sense to me.
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2006 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by loafer87gt:
When did common sense go the way of the dodo bird?

A long time ago, it seems.

Joe
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-15-2006 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by motoracer838:
A long time ago, it seems.
Joe

LOL

Funny you should say that because back before the revolutionary war there was a guy who wrote a news paper called "Common Sense"

Apparently he felt it didn't exist back then either.. Musta though common sense went the way of the cave man.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2006 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
Common sense just isn't so common anymore. You'd think common sense would tell someone that the bowl of soup billowing steam is hot. Yet that is soon followed by something like "Damn! That sh*t's hot!" accompanied by perhaps the sound of a dropping spoon.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-15-2006 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

Common sense just isn't so common anymore. You'd think common sense would tell someone that the bowl of soup billowing steam is hot. Yet that is soon followed by something like "Damn! That sh*t's hot!" accompanied by perhaps the sound of a dropping spoon.

Take a sip of milk... then sip.. don't guzzle the soup and don't let the spoon touch your lips to heavily..

Common sense says coat the mouth with something that will absorb the heat of a hot soup..

Works like a charm if you know how to work with what you have. Just ask Macgyver
JKFIERO

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2006 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JKFIEROSend a Private Message to JKFIERODirect Link to This Post

That should read......"accompanied by perhaps the sound of a " phone call to the attorney, suing the place that served the soup for not telling you that the billowing steam rolling off the top of the soup actually meant it was hot.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-15-2006 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JKFIERO:
That should read......"accompanied by perhaps the sound of a " phone call to the attorney, suing the place that served the soup for not telling you that the billowing steam rolling off the top of the soup actually meant it was hot.

Now thats a capitolists version of common sense. albeit lazy capitolist

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 11-15-2006).]

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2006 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JKFIERO:

But what if you served yourself the soup? I think you'd have to have multiple personalities to make that one work.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

PFF
System Bot
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2006 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84Bill:

Common sense says coat the mouth with something that will absorb the heat of a hot soup..

I would think that would fall more under experience.

Common sense would be more like, if it looks very hot, don't go sticking it in your mouth.

Kevin

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-16-2006 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lambo nut:
I would think that would fall more under experience.

Common sense would be more like, if it looks very hot, don't go sticking it in your mouth.

Kevin

I'll go with that.. I guess experience is the result of a lack of common sense and the abillity to learn from those "mistakes."
Seems alot like a form of brain damage but retaining the ability to perform brain surgery on ones self.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2006 06:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

Very sad.

Yep.

'Very sad'................not really, I call it target practice.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2006 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
Topic: What the hell is wrong with the justice system in this country?

3 things: Jurys, Judges & Lawyers

Jury's are a collection of people to stupid to not get kicked out of the jury pool. or, the rare fool who WANTS to be there. either way - dummies & soap opera busy bodys

judge is not an appropraite term anymore. interpeter is more accurate. a judge rarely actually "judges", just interpits the letter of the law. not the "spirit" of the law

Lawyer - well, we all hate them untill we need them. there is very little that cant be argued to death. dont hate the player - hate the game
edhering

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2006 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edheringClick Here to visit edhering's HomePageSend a Private Message to edheringDirect Link to This Post

But what if you served yourself the soup? I think you'd have to have multiple personalities to make that one work.

Hell no. Just blame the soup company for not warning you that the soup will be hot after you've heated it. "The label didn't say anything about the soup being scalding hot after being heated! I demand $25 million!"

Every time I have a TV dinner I note that the box says that CONTENTS WILL BE VERY HOT! after it's spent 5 minutes in the microwave on "high".... Jeez, ya THINK??

Ed

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock