Started on: 11-14-2006 01:11 AM
Replies: 13
Last post by: AusFiero on 11-14-2006 06:51 PM
DtheC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2006 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post
Before any of you any of you start that Sun Roof conversion?

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2073174.html?menu=
Ananova - Kicking up a stink

Just had to share this one.

------------------
Ol' Paint, 88 Base coupe auto.
Turning white on top, like owner.
Leaks a little, like owner.
Doesn't smoke, unlike owner

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
proff

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2006 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post
Now wouldn't that give you the shits
AP2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2006 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AP2kSend a Private Message to AP2kDirect Link to This Post
What? You dont like getting shat on?

[This message has been edited by AP2k (edited 11-14-2006).]

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2006 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
150,000 pounds. Come on, these law suits are getting ridiculous. Tally up the cost of the vehicle, the cost of tests and a little for the inconvenience and it is nowhere near that figure. Why do people feel they need to make a fortune off misfortune? There was once a time when an apoligy and expenses were enough. Back when insurance rates were lower, making life easier for everyone.
DtheC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2006 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post
I think the people in the Exploder were a little 'Blue in the Face' when they caught up with the Buss. LOL
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2006 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AusFiero:
150,000 pounds. Come on, these law suits are getting ridiculous. Tally up the cost of the vehicle, the cost of tests and a little for the inconvenience and it is nowhere near that figure. Why do people feel they need to make a fortune off misfortune? There was once a time when an apoligy and expenses were enough. Back when insurance rates were lower, making life easier for everyone.

inconvenience? They had **** dumped on them!

I hope they win.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2006 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Note to self :
Do not drive behind a passenger bus.
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2006 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
That equals $285k USD. So Even if that explorer was brand new and fully loaded, its only worth 30k. So $250k? BS. Truckers aren't liable when their tires fly off and hit your car. They should have allowed more space between them and the bus. I could understand if they went after a new vehicle, cause a poop filled one, yeah. But its their fault they were following so close.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2006 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RandomTask:
Truckers aren't liable when their tires fly off and hit your car.

Yes, they actually are.
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2006 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RandomTask:
That equals $285k USD. So Even if that explorer was brand new and fully loaded, its only worth 30k. So $250k? BS.

If it was dirt, gravel, hot sauce, gasoline, or penguins I'd agree with you...

But it was biohazardous waste. They're probably all infected with Hepatitis C and will live shorter lives. I think that's worth the "extra".
isthiswhereiputausername?

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2006 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post
Who knows what "crap" was in that crap.. It will serve as a lesson to greyhound to not let this happen again.. Think of the years the kids will spend in therapy..

PFF
System Bot
DtheC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2006 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post
I wonder what they'l answer when the neighbors ask 'How did you get soo much cash?'
'Well I ah........................'

Just remember that the lawyers get a fair chunk o' change out of this too.
Do the buses still use that blue disinfectant?
fieroluv

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2006 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroluvSend a Private Message to fieroluvDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AusFiero:

Have you priced health care in the US? If they were to contract something like hepatitis from this incident their medical bills could easily top 200K. The tests alone to test for everything biological could top 60 - 70 K. Health Care in this country stinks. Having to pay 42K a year for the rest of your life for medication that you need is just plain dumb. Insurance would pay for some but that would still leave about 15K a year out of pocket expense. This example is from personal experience, it is what I currently pay for medication.
AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2006 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroluv:

Have you priced health care in the US? If they were to contract something like hepatitis from this incident their medical bills could easily top 200K. The tests alone to test for everything biological could top 60 - 70 K. Health Care in this country stinks. Having to pay 42K a year for the rest of your life for medication that you need is just plain dumb. Insurance would pay for some but that would still leave about 15K a year out of pocket expense. This example is from personal experience, it is what I currently pay for medication.

I am well aware of the USA health costs. But as noted. $258K US. Sorry, they didn't suffer that much.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock